It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saint Oliver Plunkett, Dead Saint's Head Hovering In Mid-Air!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Tourists gathered at a church after reports that the ghost of a long-dead saint had been spotted.

There have been reports that the spirit of Saint Oliver Plunkett had been seen in St Peter’s parish church in the centre of Drogheda, Co Louth.
The video below claims to show the head of the martyred saint hovering in mid-air.
A glass case containing the actual head of Saint Oliver Plunkett who was put to death in London in 1681 was captured on video just a short distance from the case.
St Oliver's death was appalling: He was hanged, drawn and quartered, while a huge crowd watched because he would not give up his faith.
He is said to be the last Catholi martyr to die in England.

Author Vikki Bramshaw said she only discovered the image of St Oliver peering out of the prison door when she viewed the video taken with her mobile phone when she got home.

She said: ““I don’t really believe in ghosts or anything like that, so I was a bit spooked out to see it when I was checking my video when I got home.

“I was just filming the cell door with my camera phone, and didn’t notice anything unusual at the time, but when I checked it that night, I was definitely a bit spooked by what I saw.”

www.mirror.co.uk...

This video was uploaded in 2010, but it is still an interesting topic for discussion.
What do you think?

edit on 8/6/2014 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

cool story, but they cant figure out that is a reflection in the glass that is overlaying the door? its also seen clearly in the upper right of the door? ( a reflection)...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: loueber

cool story, but they cant figure out that is a reflection in the glass that is overlaying the door? its also seen clearly in the upper right of the door? ( a reflection)...

You're missing it. It's the face in the hatch that bobs up and down.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: loueber

That "reflection" you're seeing doesn't look anything like this...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I think he means this reflection, which would make sense

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

But it was moving. I didn't see the key thing moving, at least not the way the "head" moved past the door.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

No not the lock, but the reflection of the windows or something behind them. They do move with the cam

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Thanks for posting - that is very interesting, and eerie!

I don't know what it is. Certainly, a reflection is an easy answer, but the way it moves doesn't quite make sense. Without knowing exactly what was around the videographer (in terms of people and sources of light) it's hard to say anything conclusive.

Spooky, for sure.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

No not the lock, but the reflection of the windows or something behind them. They do move with the cam

Well, I don't know, since I or no one else knows what was in the background.
Having experienced the paranormal, I won't rule it out. But I won't rule out a logical explanation either.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: Hellas

Well, I don't know, since I or no one else knows what was in the background.
Having experienced the paranormal, I won't rule it out. But I won't rule out a logical explanation either.

Yep, church windows

I would say those are reflected in the hatchet. The movement could be from the person recording, swaying and thus hiding and revealing the reflection.

But who knows

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
My first impression was that it was a person behind the door trying to scare someone, but I do not know how likely that would be in a location like this. The color of the "face" would mean that it was makeup or something, as it didn't look flesh-colored. I suppose it is possible that it is paranormal. As far as it being a reflection I am thinking no mainly because it almost appears to emerge from the darkness, and then retreat quickly into it again. That would be opposed to just showing up as a reflection in my opinion, as I cannot see a reflection doing any type of fading in or out.

It would really help to know if there was anything behind the door where a person could actually be located, as well as whether the hole where the face appeared is just open space, or if there is glass covering it. The "face" does not appear to be a reflection of the camera, as the movements do not line up. I really do think it looks like a person trying to scare someone. Even the head movements in a way.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: loueber

Too late to edit this post, so I wanted to let people know that this is the head of Saint Oliver Plunkett on display.
No wonder he is still floating around! He's trying to find all his body parts!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The door from his jail cell is that one isn't it? and his head is there. Yikes. I thought it looked like a person trying to scare someone but defn worth a look and natter about.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just to clarify... where we see the "face" appearing, is that where his actual head is displayed or is that just empty glass?

At first I thought it was where his head was displayed. But now from other comments I've finally realized that was a door to the jail cell he was kept in, and part of a display. If it was part of a display, and his actual head isn't back there, I wonder if it is possible that it was a real person behind that glass - maybe cleaning it from the other side?

This is very weird video. I've watched it many times and can't work out a logical way that it would be a reflection.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
Just to clarify... where we see the "face" appearing, is that where his actual head is displayed or is that just empty glass?

At first I thought it was where his head was displayed. But now from other comments I've finally realized that was a door to the jail cell he was kept in, and part of a display. If it was part of a display, and his actual head isn't back there, I wonder if it is possible that it was a real person behind that glass - maybe cleaning it from the other side?

This is very weird video. I've watched it many times and can't work out a logical way that it would be a reflection.

No, his head is displayed in a different area. This is just the door to the jail cell on display, and you can see a head float by peering out.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

No, his head is displayed in a different area. This is just the door to the jail cell on display, and you can see a head float by peering out.

Thanks for clarifying.

That just ups the creepy somehow.

Unless someone that works there was cleaning behind the exhibit... or unless they let tourists go behind the display ... assuming neither of those things are they case, then ... ew. It's just creepy.

ETA: Here is the official website for the church: thomasmch.wix.com...
and for the shrine in the church: www.saintoliverplunkett.com...

There are some pictures of the door on the second website, but nothing that really clarifies if someone could be behind the exhibit.
edit on 6-8-2014 by VegHead because: added links

new topics

top topics

join