It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa police refuse to investigate death of gay man found naked in his blood-covered apartment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It sucks when you see an article about the city you grew up in but it is bad...

A friend found 40-year-old Benny Longoria lying dead and naked in his Tulsa apartment on June 20, but police there failed to notify his family for more than a month, according to what family members have told me.
Basically this guys apartment was messed up and bloody but he had HIV so the police decided to have his body cremated.

Tulsa Police Sgt. Dave Walker has refused the family’s investigation requests and insists Longoria died of natural causes, as determined by his primary care Dr. Frances Haas. But when I contacted Dr. Haas to verify cause of death, representatives in her office told me they did not sign a death certificate and do not know how Longoria died.
I don't know why it hasn't made any bigger news outlets though...Can't say whether it is a cover-up or a f*ck up but it could get ugly...

Source

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
seems legit

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This makes no sense. If the man was stabbed, then why are the police refusing to do any sort of investigation, or refuse to tell the family anything.

If this was still an active investigation, I could understand the silence, and the refusal to give out any information, but this makes no sense. I am hoping that the family wins the law suit and forces the police to either pay up or do their job, and bring national attention to this.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bonsaihorn

He was somebody's child, and probably somebody's sibling. This person, even gay and HIV positive, deserved a decent funeral.

This whole thing is messed up. His death deserves and investigation, and a dangerous person could be on the loose because of the police lacking of doing their JOB.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

This whole thing is messed up. His death deserves and investigation, and a dangerous person could be on the loose because of the police lacking of doing their JOB.

A dangerous and possibly unknowingly INFECTED person!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I can easily see this as the police chief's son (some football player, I'd imagine) getting together with his homophobic jock friends, getting drunk, brutalizing, sodomizing, and then killing this guy.

I don't know why but that was the first scenario that popped into my head.

ps edit - maybe I just read too much Stephen King...
edit on 5-8-2014 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Because the only source for this story is the "differently sexed" paper out of Dallas, I'm going to have to wait for some additional information. The story that paper presented is difficult to believe. Let's see where we are in a couple of weeks.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Because the only source for this story is the "differently sexed" paper out of Dallas, I'm going to have to wait for some additional information. The story that paper presented is difficult to believe. Let's see where we are in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, so I'm not the only person who went looking through the Tulsa news sites and couldn't find anything on this?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dear Ketsuko,

You're not alone. I searched for the dead man's name and the police chief's name in the search field and found nothing.

I think it was Thomas Sowell who recently said something along the lines of "While our scientists are working on creating artificial intelligence, our schools are working on creating artificial stupidity."

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

You mean they actually have to work at creating it in school? /sarc/

This is beyond belief to think it could happen in a polarized state and city like Tulsa, Oklahoma and not see coverage running wall to wall.

Racial tensions are actual legend for that city's history with the current social struggles are something I would guess isn't universally accepted either. Very odd.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

I can easily see this as the police chief's son (some football player, I'd imagine) getting together with his homophobic jock friends, getting drunk, brutalizing, sodomizing, and then killing this guy.

I don't know why but that was the first scenario that popped into my head.

ps edit - maybe I just read too much Stephen King...

...Or a cop, or cop's son, wasn't ready to come out and have their affair revealed. So he killed the guy - that much blood says personal rage to anyone who understands criminal behavior.

new topics

top topics

join