It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghosts actually beings in another dimension?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

I certainly entertain the multiple dimensions theory. It makes a lot of sense, in some of the things I experiences when I was younger and more involved in paranormal and occult research. I also, do believe in life after death, that our spirit/soul continues after the shell of our body is gone.

I find many OBE and NDE's to be compelling enough to consider that this life is not the end to existence.

However, I do believe in non-human intelligences and entities that can and do slip between their time/space into ours. I also think it's possible we sometimes slip into theirs. This could be represented by several different types of paranormal activity such as missing time, time slips, deja vu, channeling, apportation - etc.

~ Cirque

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I have always believed ghosts were beings in a different dimension, even before i understood that my ideas were a scientific possibility. somehow, someway i think a bleed through happens and two dimensions overlap for a short period of time

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
If they are being from other dimensions, then why do some people see family members? There's also cases of family members who've contacted their family after they died. Are they aware they are in another dimension? Or is it their different self in another dimension? I've pondered this but I just don't know.

I am with you.

While I don't revoke the notion of them possibly being from another dimension, I fully endorse SOME of them being spirits of deceased loved ones.

I was vacationing at in-laws overseas and one night I saw the lights go out in the adjacent room. I ran next door, opened the door and the two toddlers were fast asleep in the room. I found out the following day my elderly aunt had just passed. She had a penchant of turning off lights all the time to save energy.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think it's time I write a book. This has been a theory of mine for over a decade. When I was 10 or 12, my Dad told me the story of 'Mr. Green Jeans' - The story of when he and my mom saw a ghost in their college-years town home.

Ever since he told me the story, it just made more sense to me that they are indeed alive and they live in the second beyond our second. That is to say that for every second there is in a minute, there are just as many timelines existing simultaneously within that second: Only localized anomalies can cause typical 'hauntings, etc.' but once in a while there's a larger cross over, typically exhibited during a solar flare or CME. I;m betting that the most powerful CME's can cause time/space to compress, which allows us to momentarily see slightly less than whole pictures of the seconds on either side of our second.

I've been professing this theory, and dozens of others since I was a child; constantly trying to explain the universe I live in without relying entirely on known science, but rather by listening to my guy instinct. We're a lot older species than you might imagine, so through genetic memory we do have certain instincts and intelligences that are not necessarily confounded by the reality that we currently live within.

That said, the world is perplexing and will continue to be so. I love it.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

If that's possible, then maybe we came from a premortal dimension, where we existed as intelligence without physical bodies. Perhaps the beings coming into our world are us.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kodasaufa
Yes they inhabit the multi-dimensional plane. They aren't physically bound. Remember Dimensions overlay. So you could say everything is superimposed

That is how I see it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

When thinking about your theory ,I believe its on the right track. If all the anecdotal clues are all put together it makes for an interesting read. Personally I think being locked in the body for a period of time "defines consciousness" hence creates a person. If your not defined enough, you get reincarnated as it seems young violent deaths seem to be the norm, in reincarnation cases. When they get the new body, it sometimes has marks on it that seem to have been a causative factor of dying in the previous existence. So are we to assume that the memories of the previous incarnation, are stored in the new bodies tissue?..highly unlikely. So it would indicate that memories not only of previous incarnations, but just plain memories are stored somewhere else, and the brain is some sort of machine that makes them available or not as the case may be, in this present reality. Which seems to suggest that what we consider being in this present reality, is more than likely remotely experienced from somewhere else, where the human body is a machine that elevates the will of the owner, and controls the input, from which we create a view on this reality. But when the human body is asleep, or anesthetised, to the point of death, or experiencing a Lucid dream or an OOBE. Then these states are the fall-back position for consciousness, they have no real physical survival value. So they shouldn't exist. The fact that they do, indicates that their is a place where no physical body is required.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
IMO, Yes...most likely. Along with most other mysterious encounters including (possibly) aliens, some crypto-creatures, biblical stories, ancient aliens and other unusual happenings throughout history.

I would suggest that instead of asking the question..."how can ghosts be real" we should instead ask "if every strange thing exists, what one explanation explains them all". To me, the only all-encompassing explanation to everything strange is multiple dimensions that...at times...intersect with our dimension.

Think, for example...two Earths in two different dimensions and existing in the same areas within their own dimensions...sharing space. At times, the the two dimensions could phase, or blend together *. You could possibly see what is there and here at the same time. Or...there could be a species of creature there...that understands they can (at those times) travel here. So when you see an fill-in-the-blank, you are seeing into another world or, something from that other world has stepped through to ours.

Why do I believe this is possible? Because it answers many questions about mysterious things. We say aliens couldn't travel as far as they would need to, to visit Earth. Well...if they are already here...in a different dimension that phases in and out...they could. Why do people see creatures that shouldn't exist, and creatures for which there is little or no evidence? If they appear and disappear during this phase...that could explain it. And back to your question...ghosts. Lets add to that God, angels, demons and other spirits. Same deal. They could be there, and then not there again.

I'm not saying I am 100% correct. But I stick by the idea of asking "what explanation explains everything or at least most things mysterious" rather than asking asking about them as separate apparitions. And before you guys decide to tell me this isn't possible...please remember...we are children in a universe of possibilities that we don't fully understand. And often, we don't even know there is a question. We are very young creatures in this place with a whole lot to learn...yet at every stage of evolution, we believe we know everything. But never do.

* Think of two sounds...one of a guitar to your left and one of a singer to the right. They are two different things and depending where you are, you may only hear one. But in the right place, at the right time...you can hear them together at the same time...and it is a song.

PS: I also have a great God theory that can't be explained away and is mostly scientific, but explains spiritual beliefs. I'll save that for another time.

edit on 8/8/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Realities are supposed to be layered like a onion. Different vibrational patterns, physics, and density?There was a recent article about how our brains perceive "reality" with a 10 second delay. My theory is that by speeding up ones perception of reality, dimentions higher "up" would become visible.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Please tune in to ATS Live Radio

Thanks,
CdT
edit on 11-8-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: pic fix

edit on 11-8-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

I'm going love talking about this one!
It really does open up a lot of doors....

edit on 11-8-2014 by Darkblade71 because: OMG, I can't even get two sentences right without having to correct myself.....lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join