It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghosts actually beings in another dimension?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I find this to be plausible, based on Einstein's theory of relativity and the theories of quantum physics.. I'm not saying that this theory/thought explains all paranormal phenomenon or that what is being seen/heard/communicated with could not also be a ghostly spirit of the dead- but that this theory could attribute to some 'ghostly'/paranormal phenomenon.

Maybe ghosts aren’t the spirits of dead people at all, but instead they are inter-dimensional projections of people who are very much alive in another time and place.

Many physicists theorize that the universe is made of many dimensions besides our own, as well as many different timelines. Of course it’s only a theory, but what happens if those timelines or dimensions get crossed up and we catch a glimpse of the other side?

So this begs the question: If other beings are accidentally crossing into our dimension, do we ever cross into theirs?

Maybe. There's certain enough paranormal phenomenon to go around, and perhaps things like astral projection and lucid dreaming could be attributed to short jaunts in a separate but similar dimension.

What are your all's thoughts on this? Do you believe it to be a possibility?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A distinct possibility and if CERN is ever able to successfully recreate conditions at the time of the big bang and prove that gravity is a variable, then that possibility becomes a probability.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

My own personal opinion is most certainly yes, they are.

Over the years,after experiencing a lot, I have come to the conclusion personally,that ghosts,and a lot of other things, are in another space along side ours.

They seem to inhabit multiple realities that somehow are very close to ours, yet separated by something.

But that is just my opinion based on my own experiences,
and a lot of thought.

If you take say, battery drains by spirits,as an example
(I have never experienced this but I know some people have)

My personal theory on that is that a spirit is opening (or we are) a rift or portal.
It uses the energy from things around it on both sides to help open this doorway from another dimension.

(that is just in giving thought to why some people have battery drains while having spirit contact)

But then I might just be nuts....

Lucid dreaming however is a journey in the mind.
It should not be confused with out of body, although maybe a lucid dream could lead to out of body, most of the time it is awareness of being in a dream, which stays in the mind.
(Or maybe not, some cultures believe we live more in the dream world than in our own)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

(Or maybe not, some cultures believe we live more in the dream world than in our own)

Are you referring to the 'The Kin of Attu'?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i really don,t know but i,ve got to say i find it quite scary that everyones believes are being put up against one man who apparently could never be wrong in the 20th century?

basically in the whole of human nature this man came up with a theory and if it doesn,t work in his theory then its impossible?

sorry but i,m not buying it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

A dimension (in the way Einstein meant it) has no thickness. It is, essentially a direction in which we may measure something.

Having no thickness, it becomes obvious that physics, chemistry and biology cannot function in a single dimension.

What I believe you are talking about are alternate universes or alternate realities.

In the former case, the energies required to bridge alternate (bubble or brane) universes is phenomenal and would be hazardous to all life on Earth if it did happen.

In the case of an 'alternate reality' with dimensions higher or lower than our space-time four, I strongly suspect that a view into these alternates would not provide a recognizable human form. Consider a 2d world, where the 'people' are shapes drawn on the surface. From outside the 2d world (in our 3d view) we can see triangles and squares and all sorts of shapes. From the point of view of an inhabitant of the 2d world, everything would be just lines. Also, we can see inside the bounded figures, just as easily as we can see their outside. For a 2d worlder they can barely cope with the concept of seeing someones outside and inside as well.

So, in answer to your question, I'd say no.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

I'm not sure, who is that?

I don't remember what cultures.
Been years since I read up on dreams and cultures around the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We see things in 3Dimensions so a spirit I don't know would be dwelling in 4 or 5 dimensions. Outside all space and time. Once out of the body you traverse all space and time so picture the room your in now picture a room that is on or in or above or below or to the right side or to the left side of every room known to to every living being. I feel like this shouldn't even be talked about just like how some May sense the lack of a spirit to communicate. Don't break laws.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Very interesting.. How do you think that it knows how/what to use (battery for example) to open a portal?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Not sure.

It could be the way the energy is stored in the battery.
But something is causing it to drain during some spirit encounters.

When a spirit is trying to manifest itself somehow, it is opening a portal, as that is the only way to get from there to here, it is much like a rip in the fabric of reality. How they do that, I don't know, and I am not sure if a rip is the right word, or portal, or vortex, whatever and however you call it, it is an opening between worlds. I think that the energy stored in the batteries is drained by whatever they use to open the portal/rift.
That could just be some strong conscious/will ability that causes the opening,but I think when they do that, it drains batteries.

Honestly, I do not know, but it was something I have been thinking about for a few days now, and you gave me the opportunity to share it.

lol

There is no doubt in my mind that we are in a multidimensional universe that overlaps and layers itself in many realities.
Ghosts are in another dimension, or caught between two, where most spirits move on to whatever other places they go,for whatever reason, ghosts get stuck.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is very interesting, because I do believe in a Multi Dimensional Universe with Multiple Timelines.
Could these Ghosts/People be reading "The Berenstein Bears" while we got stuck with "The Berenstain Bears".
Hmmmm.....

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BoogieMan911

I am from the " The Berenstein Bears " reality.

I almost freaked out when I saw it was The Berenstain Bears.

I also swear Chevy Chase died many years ago, but he is still around..

Hmmmm indeed.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

Not sure.

It could be the way the energy is stored in the battery.
But something is causing it to drain during some spirit encounters.

When a spirit is trying to manifest itself somehow, it is opening a portal, as that is the only way to get from there to here, it is much like a rip in the fabric of reality. How they do that, I don't know, and I am not sure if a rip is the right word, or portal, or vortex, whatever and however you call it, it is an opening between worlds. I think that the energy stored in the batteries is drained by whatever they use to open the portal/rift.
That could just be some strong conscious/will ability that causes the opening,but I think when they do that, it drains batteries.

Honestly, I do not know, but it was something I have been thinking about for a few days now, and you gave me the opportunity to share it.

lol

There is no doubt in my mind that we are in a multidimensional universe that overlaps and layers itself in many realities.
Ghosts are in another dimension, or caught between two, where most spirits move on to whatever other places they go,for whatever reason, ghosts get stuck.

Hmm, that's really interesting. I'm happy that this thread gave you the opportunity to talk about it
and I'm happy that you shared it, it's very insightful. If you don't mind- I'd like to talk with you more about it via PM?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Yes it is plausible.

I do believe in spirits, I just don't know what realm they are on, ours or a different one.

If you could see the other side, would you want to? Not sure if I would

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think spirits exist somewhere outside this world or else science would have had n eaasier job picking it up by now. Im just not sure if it is another dimension or another universe. I think spirits are of the dead but i also think there may be other dimensional beings. Generally i presume shadow people and some demons could be in another universe entirely from the start unless some spirits change after being dead.

Just think of Carl Sagan talking about "flatland". If a 3D being like us passed through a hypothetical 2D world these people of this would would not see the full picture of what we are and we can appear od dissapear from there since all of us can not be contained in that space. A being on a dimension higher than 3 we will see in 3D but a lot of what they are will be missing since we can not see it.

Now for other worlds like other universes the spirits can either cross through them but can not stay here constantly or our worlds touch eachother sometimes and images overlay to where there is interaction.
edit on 5-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I noticed your spirit box thread. Can't remember what kind of box we have, but 2 of my older children, 18 and 14, use it like a toy (they don't say that, its really curiosity I guess, then realizing it worked) and I keep trying to put it away. They think they want to be ghost busters now, part time. Because they, like I did, got answers, and you could hear words and their own names being spoken. But when you ask them where they're from, you get the words, "help", "please help us". Thats not another dimension as in living people, just bleeding through. I'm using the word "living" by common corporal usage. Of course, they're alive, but it is the afterlife for them.

Aside from prayer, and asking Mother/Father to send angels to uplift them and help them, not sure how best to approach that and find the entire thing dangerous. ie can they hook into a person, like a bungee cord hooked into your chakra's and affect your life? That being said, helping is a good thing, if a person has faith and wears the armour of Love. There are directions one can be led to, that may assist in ways they didn't think of before, where Spirit Guides us, so not trying to put dampers on this.

I think when people see an apparition or ghost, its hard to know is this: a ghost, a departed soul/entity? Is this a fallen entity? is this a bleeding of timelines or realities? (some may be). is this an ET? So there would need to be other clues embedded in the experience that might point out one way or another.
edit on 5-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If they are being from other dimensions, then why do some people see family members? There's also cases of family members who've contacted their family after they died. Are they aware they are in another dimension? Or is it their different self in another dimension? I've pondered this but I just don't know.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I believe there is only one dimension and all living beings have a version of this dimension or reality. Upon death one can go to either the source of ones reality and cease to exist or go to anothers reality, those of enlightened beings, one would end up in either heaven or hell. The transition can also happen while alive but is very rare.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Ive heard a theory of there being only one dimension before.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes they inhabit the multi-dimensional plane. They aren't physically bound. Remember Dimensions overlay. So you could say everything is superimposed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join