It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonprofit ‘Outdoor Buddies’ Takes Disabled Vets To The Shooting Range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

A special group of veterans received a well-deserved helping hand on Saturday in Erie as the nonprofit group “Outdoor Buddies” hosted 25 disabled veterans, and others, at a shooting range.

For some veterans it was a life-changing event.

“It will bring a tear to your eye,” Don Pickett said.
“It’s a very emotional shoot for everybody,” Pete Labella said.

The Green Mill Sportsman Club opened up its facilities to the 25 special shooters

CBS News Denver

Outdoor Buddiesis a nonprofit hasn't been around all that long but they do damn good work.
Founded representatives of Craig Hospital and Colorado Parks and Wildlife and as they say "" Provides outdoor adventure experiences to mobility-disabled persons""

Not just limited to vet's they offer programs to disabled individuals and disadvantaged youths to enjoy the best of what Colorado's natural resources have to offer.

Still this story is about Vet's and it's sound's like this was a very special day for all...

Outdoor Buddies' Wounded Warriors Support Activities include coordination of big game hunts, fishing outings, participation in Warriors on Cataract raft trips, and other special events.

Go check out the photo page from their website

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is an awesome story. It is always good to hear when people and ranges/businesses go out of their way to help vets.

It is too bad these are not sponsored by the government. They should be the #1 supporter for helping vets get back on their feet and feel welcome in a country they fought to protect.

S+F

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Yeah I like this kind of story too
and with all the bad news we've had lately I though we all could use a feel good one...

BTW I'd rather the Fed's stay out of it... Nothing screws up a good idea faster than injecting a little bureaucracy ...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Agreed that the feds mess everything up. I meant these groups should be sponsored by the Feds, meaning the amount of vets they help ought to give them some type of subsidy. Or the VA (biggest kick in the nuts by our current administration) should cover all retreats and services given to vets.

Veterans should pay for nothing and these organizations should not have to worry about finances when it comes to helping as many as they can.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That is awesome indeed. i give a big thank you to all involved...never heard of outdoor buddies need to look in to them thanks 4 the post

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

I hadn't heard about the group either... until this weekend when it came up on the evening news.

I have a niece who suffers from cerebral palsy... The wife and I have taken her out on our boat for day trips before and she loves to fish... I sent these guys an email to see if I can get her into one of their youth programs?

top topics

join