It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange craft sighted on the bed of a trailer near Los Vegas, Nevada

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

So you really think they'll let clear pictures from the day survive, but these horrible grainy photos taken at night...THOSE HAVE GOT TO GO! IMPLEMENT PROJECT WIPE PHONE, BUT ONLY RECENT PHOTOS.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
ahh really !! why didn't they tarp cover it ? jeesh People...

I say BS on the Phone Wiping !

like Some one with an actual NON DIGITAL Camera could of taken the Shot..
from Their CAMERA w/ Actual Film in the Glove Box ...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone remember the same thing happening a few years back in Vegas but they had a strange object on a flat bed and another truck carrying a cage with steel bars, and helicopters flying around like they were looking for something??
edit on 4-8-2014 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Interesting post do you know if any other people saw it?

What direction was it heading?

When you say the electronics were wiped can you explain that better?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

There's public technology that download the contents of your cell phone. Not sure what's so far fetched about black government tech that can wipe a phone wirelessly. I remember reading something a while back about a company called CelleBrite providing tech to Michigan police and it caused a bit of an uproar. Not sure how it would work, but I usually leave my data and bluetooth turned off unless I'm using it. Bluetooth would be the easy way for them to do it but I'm sure they have other ways.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: wtf2008

They didn't wipe the phones, they supposedly selectively erased just specific pictures that were taken of this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Phones can be shutdown... It will turn off and on then act like it was dropped in water. Something to do with the phone battery and high frequency of certain objects. The data can be wiped if it's connected I think to Bluetooth? Kind of like hi jacking a computer remotely. Something like that I've personally seen this stuff done and it's frustrating AND facinating.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The tech you are referring to requires the UFED device to be plugged into the phone. It can only be done via wireless connection if the phones bluetooth is already enabled, and by default all phones have BT in the off position as it drains battery life significantly. You can also block all blutooth access to your phone via 3rd party apps.

If you have a password on your phone and a phone encryption app, you can get around these devices rather easily. If you had the correct security precautions the officer would have to ask you for your phones lock PW, which you don't have to provide without a warrant.

My company provides rooted, fully encrypted android devices to our high value employees.

edit: Found the UFED www.govtech.com...

Now they absolutely can take a full dump of your encrypted phone and send it to a tech forensics lab for the encryption to be broken...but still, can't be done on the side of the road or wirelessly.
edit on 4-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Yes, only if bluetooth is enabled. By default on 99% of phones, bluetooth is disabled. There are apps that prevent those types of connections as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onion88
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Possibly, who knows! there were 20 unmarked SUV's following it and some tanks on the side of the road.

Once the convoy had passed, you did get go and get photographs of the tank treads, right? Or was there a shrouded band of Arab women sweeping the tracks off the desert after their tribe had passed?

EDIT -- OK, no tanks. Sorry for the wise-a$$ retort.

It's also possible the guy taking the photos was so genuinely freaked out [understandably] he forgot to 'save' the images.

Bigger picture: I've known AF types [I was one] to use 'UFO' cover stories for years, a buddy of mine at Kirtland was a 'Broken Arrow' away-team leader, he told me such accounts. Talk about muddying the waters!

edit on 4-8-2014 by JimOberg because: update

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Yes, only if bluetooth is enabled. By default on 99% of phones, bluetooth is disabled. There are apps that prevent those types of connections as well.

As far as I know it's done individually anyway even for Bluetooth is on. But the battery drain works most on phones that have a battery slide out. Unlike iPhones, But this isn't my field so I'm not going look into it or guess why. I've seen the iPhone camera not function and that's it. But no drainage... But who knows? I'm sure theirs info on the internet or on this site.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I don't think anyone said the tech doesn't exist. I personally said I didn't believe the OP. very different statements. ever since joining ATS it seems I have my b.s. meter going 24/7.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Onion88

Hmm, I don't usually post, but this sentence seems highly illogical to me.... "and some tanks on the side of the road. "
What kind of tanks ? You mean tracked vehicles or tanks for holding liquid.

If you mean tanks like tracked vehicles I dont think that part to be true, because If you want to transport something that needs such secrecy you dont transport it with tanks.

Its not a war zone, so there is really no need for this. They are slow, make a lot of noise, and not to mention they glow like a christmas tree from the heat source. Its just the opposite of a fast and stealthy transport.

Just my opinion.
edit on 4/8/14 by defiler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

The tech you are referring to requires the UFED device to be plugged into the phone. It can only be done via wireless connection if the phones bluetooth is already enabled, and by default all phones have BT in the off position as it drains battery life significantly. You can also block all blutooth access to your phone via 3rd party apps.

If you have a password on your phone and a phone encryption app, you can get around these devices rather easily. If you had the correct security precautions the officer would have to ask you for your phones lock PW, which you don't have to provide without a warrant.

My company provides rooted, fully encrypted android devices to our high value employees.

edit: Found the UFED www.govtech.com...

Now they absolutely can take a full dump of your encrypted phone and send it to a tech forensics lab for the encryption to be broken...but still, can't be done on the side of the road or wirelessly.

Can't be done by who? I'm honestly not a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but thinking that what's publicly available is the height of what is technologically possible is pretty naive. I think we all know, not think, know, that publicly funded secret technology not only exists but is common.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Except that if this was a black project being transported, it would have been covered better, and there would have been a lot more security, probably including helicopters with IR gear. They never would have gotten that close.

And if it's not a black project, there is no reason for them to erase pictures of it. It's either already known or soon to be known any way.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It is a UAV. They would never have a UFO on the bed of a truck uncovered.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It seemed to be covered and/or guarded pretty well. Timing could have been an issue. Maybe they were stuck with what was readily available. A lot of people seemed to have an issue with the phone wiping thing so that's what I was responding to.
I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the military in that area would have some kind of tech that can wipe phones. You can do it from a BES server to a Blackberry, not sure how much harder it would be to do it from a telecom company to any phone that's connected to their network or some other kind of tech we don't know about.

The alien stuff on this site is fun to think about, but the government tech and what they could do with it is downright terrifying. If you think that publicly available information (Google searches) are going to tell you where 'we/they' have progressed in terms of tech, then you're mistaken.

If you think that said government also uses that tech in the smartest way possible you would also be mistaken. They don't have the smartest people on the world on these projects, they have the smartest people that can get a security clearance.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What's on it in the pictures is basic protection from rain and bugs. It's used on aircraft in the boneyard as well as when they are shipped. If this was a black project steps would have been taken to disguise the shape of it.

area51specialprojects.com...

That is a picture of the A-12 being trucked to Area 51 for testing. They would do something similar for a modern project that had to be trucked. The chances are though that if it was a black project it would have been flown if a plane was available. Trucking has too many security risks for a black project, from the random person to satellites overhead.

Military R&D is frequently done by companies such as BAE and Raytheon, and others. The people involved are frequently leaders in their fields, or very high up the list.
edit on 8/4/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I was specifically referring to the UFED devices he talked about. BES servers have admin rights to the device synching with them, as does any device using active sync behind exchange.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join