It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Did It Again, Israel Strikes UN School 10 Murdered

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff
Really..what do you think the IDF will think people are they find in tunnels, stupid idea..especially since the tunnels are military targets.

edit on 3-8-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: donhuangenaro

Interesting.

So the israelis are intentionally targeting civilians while at the same time blaming Hamas...

yup, looks that way... and the description fits the profile

sad but true

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
When you use the term "breaking into your home", are you refering to the palestinians trying to get out of the concentration camp called Gaza?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
That is pretty much where I am at right now too. I am getting to the point where I think it is just better to bow to Israel. They clearly have no honor or restraint and are willing to go to depths that I don't wish to follow. Let them have it. This ain't worth it.

What does anyone expect, they are a Middle East country too. There was 1500 "POW" slaughtered in Iraq too by ISIS. All the countries over there are extreme, it really doesn't matter which one we are talking about. It is all an eye for an eye and come back ten folds kind of stuff.

If Hamas was able to get into Israel they would be going door to door killing everyone that moves....nothing new for that part of the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
When you use the term "breaking into your home", are you refering to the palestinians trying to get out of the concentration camp called Gaza?

They can go West with Jordan a foot away in that direction... just saying...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
It's horrible if the compound was targeted for no military reason.

Hamas does have a history of storing arms and firing from such "safe" areas.

We need more info as to what exactly occurred. It sucks to have to attack a place that is attacking you when there is the potential for lots of civilian casualties. My hunch is that Hamas had launched some Motars, ect from that area. Of course Hamas will deny that. Maybe some aerial recom from drones will show what precipitated the attack.

Does Israel benefit from attacking a School with for no tactical reason? They would know there would bet massive blow back.

From the sounds of it, the attack hit a place OUTSIDE of the compound. The Israelis seem to have been targeting something, other than the school proper. They could have killed a lot more people had they hit the school dead on.

Need more evidence to see the whole chain of events.

I think the purpose is it's brutality. When your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfoot007
Its a figure of speak, lets remember that the land is not Israel's, it was given to them from the coalition after the second world war. This was not the coalitions land to give away. It was Palestine by defacto.

I say that Palestine is defending their house, and Israel is the burglar.

Here in the UK if someone enters your house you are not even allowed to defend yourself, because if you injure the bugler he will claim assault and will win in a court of law.

That's not how it works in geopolitical matters in this world. The stronger of two combatants, either militarily or by willpower will dominate the other in war.

I merely make the point that some will absolve Hamas of any blame solely for the fact that they are outgunned. If someone attacks you, you have the right to attack back, except the UK.

Hamas can attack the IDF all it wants and vice versa. The moment you carry out an attack near your own civilian population, you risk making them part of the war.

If Israel is attacking UN schools without provocation, it is as condemnable as Hamas launching Rockets at Israeli Civilians. I rarely hear a Hamas supporter bash them for that. Some Hamas Supporters seems to give carte blance to any attack Hamas does. Intentionally targeting civilians is not supportable. At the same time, attacking a foe entrenched in a civilian population is a very tough situation.

I know Israel isn't an angel or perfect and that they probably care little about Palestinian collateral damage. I just wish people would stop painting Hamas as angels or perfect. Call Hamas out for battling in dense urban areas, close to innocent civilians.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Interesting point..I will look into that.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Are you saying there are Hamas supporters in this thread? I love the fact that because someone criticizes Israel they are a Hamas supporter. That's akin to saying I'm a supporter of AlQaeda because I criticize George Bush and his failure of an administration.

Even the Palestinian people have stopped supporting Hamas, according to a poll taken back in June before this "war" started, and are throwing their support to the Fatah govt. After this is all said and done, perhaps Hamas will finally be removed and a peace process can be worked on once again.

No one supports Hamas. Hamas is the thorn in the anti Israel crowds side.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Hamas can attack the IDF all it wants and vice versa. The moment you carry out an attack near your own civilian population, you risk making them part of the war.

How can they attack from anywhere that isn't populated? The civilians have nowhere to go. They are a tiny country that was further reduced by another 44% since this war started. Let that sink in...The size of Gaza almost halved again, it has been declared a no go zone for Palestinians. 1.8 million people in the worlds largest ghetto. No one allowed in and no one allowed out they just sit there until they get bombed.

If Israel is attacking UN schools without provocation, it is as condemnable as Hamas launching Rockets at Israeli Civilians. I rarely hear a Hamas supporter bash them for that. Some Hamas Supporters seems to give carte blance to any attack Hamas does. Intentionally targeting civilians is not supportable. At the same time, attacking a foe entrenched in a civilian population is a very tough situation

Israel is yet to offer proof that these places where legitimate targets, it is always the same, we are investigating and then on to the next war crime. Hell with the last bombing of a school the UN even said there was no bombs stored or missile launches, we are just supposed to take Israels word for it and quite frankly their word looks like garbage these days.

edit on 3-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: MALBOSIA

The defenders of Israel's actions always say Israel does have restraint because if Israel wanted to they could destroy Gaza entirely in a matter of hours.

Because destroying Gaza in one fell swoop wouldn't piss the world off or anything, but destroy Gaza in a slow series of strikes while blaming it on Hamas and the Gazan's themselves may keep the world's blinders on.

I agree. And the debate is exhausting. As long as they can keep it polarized, it will never see justice. The only reason people are not screaming "bloody murder" is the MSM news constant repeat of the words "Hamas militant" and "Israeli defence" "terrorist" "terrorist" "terrorist". Your not allowed to see this subjectively because it is the typical "your with us or your with the terrorists" BS that stomps out any attempt to have a logical debate.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
We have a young politician here in Canada, Justin Trudeau, that became leader of our Liberal party a short time ago. He was asked almost immediately what his approach to terrorism would be. His answer was somewhere along the lines of "we need to understand them and find out why they are so angry and what can we do to fix it at it's root". HOLY COW did he get his butt handed to him in the MSM. "young and naive" is how our media interpreted Justin's views on how this should be handled.

Terrorism is not a problem it is a plan. It wad decided before we were even afraid of it, how it was going to be dealt with and "understanding" it was never part of the plan.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

US says it's 'appalled' by latest UN school shelling in Gaza

www.straitstimes.com...

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States said it was "appalled" by the shelling of another United Nations-run school in Gaza on Sunday and called for a "full and prompt" investigation.

Talk is cheap, especially coming from the US when concerning Israel but at least they condemn Israel's actions.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I am a Roman Catholic and do not support Hamas as an organization, what I object to is the complete and utter disregard to civilians by the Israeli attacks against a people whose land they have no right to occupy. It is clear that Israel will not stop until all lands are theirs. Collateral damage this is not the rockets and missiles that Israel have are as accurate as the USA weapons. Oh I forget the USA supplies Israel with the munitions.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Another "full and prompt" whitewash is what they actually mean

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why do the MSM refer to this as a "war", this is only a battle in part of the war that has been ongoing for many years.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
We have a young politician here in Canada, Justin Trudeau, that became leader of our Liberal party a short time ago. He was asked almost immediately what his approach to terrorism would be. His answer was somewhere along the lines of "we need to understand them and find out why they are so angry and what can we do to fix it at it's root". HOLY COW did he get his butt handed to him in the MSM. "young and naive" is how our media interpreted Justin's views on how this should be handled.

Terrorism is not a problem it is a plan. It wad decided before we were even afraid of it, how it was going to be dealt with and "understanding" it was never part of the plan.

Good job you weren't involved in the Northern Ireland talks then!!!!! Needless to say people of your thinking would have gone absolutely ape sh.t had they known the extent of the talking that was taking place. But here we are no more IRA bombs blowing up shopping centres and car bombs on streets in Britain. There is still some hardcore members but their influence is dwindling.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Damn, didn't even see your thread. Sorry bout that.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No worries. Happens. We need a thread-combining function here!
edit on 8/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join