It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A poem for my friend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just a poem I wrote for a friend. 😄

You didn't even stop for 5 minutes to say goodbye but I'm the type of friend who understands why.
My loyalty and friendship knows no bounds even when your bestie doesn't want you around.
One thing I've noticed is that you can lack respect, it only works for you when it suits you best.
I am your friend you can never question that but you lack the effort that I seem to embrace.
I see the way you think and the games that you play.
It is a game you will lose if I chose to play.
I'll always be here for you when you need me to, because my friend that's what I do.
I'm good at advice, I'm good at healing, I'm the friend you call when you're feeling dreary.
I'll stand by your side through thick and thin and be there for you when your walls start caving in.

You've many lessons to learn, time will do that well.
You've many paths to walk and many mountains to climb.
After you tredge waist deep through the darkness, the light will come and then abundance.
You will learn your lessons through the pain and heartache,  you'll learn to let go of the very thing that hurts ya.

I am the friend who sees more than you think, I am the friend who sees right through your speak.
I look into your eyes but I see your soul, I see your smile but also the pain below. Your demons control you and it's something you may not want to hear, you have the tools to fight it, if you just see clear.
You can be so blind, they've taken your sight but I'm here to help you when you're willing to fight.

I'll still be the one to put a smile on your face, I'll still be the one who will laugh with you for days.
I'll still be the one who will stay up with you late at night, I'll still be the one who will stand with you when you're ready to fight.
I'll always be the friend who will tell you what you need to hear, I won't sugarcoat it because we can't live in fear.
I'll always be the one who stays true to my word.
I'll always be that crazy wise girl that came crashing into your world.
The memories we made can never be erased
I'll always be the one that can't be replaced.

I wont ever forget the promise we made friends till the end in my heart it will stay...

Day1. I've always said that everything happens for a reason. Somethings are for good and others are lessons. I always said that we met for a reason, hell before I even knew you, you came up in my reading.
This random man who came waltzing into my world, a crazy 2 weeks of laughter, it was truely a ball. That one person you meet who you just click with, I think it's also because I see alot of myself  in you. You're like no other, the one who could pull me back up when I'm feeling under.
I think I know now why we met, we both have lessons that we can help eachother put to rest. I can't believe I've written this much but it's all the words that need to get out.

I wish all the best on your new adventure, remember your garnet when you're under the weather. It's not goodbye rather a see you later, you're a friend that I'll keep in my heart forever.

A poem by yours truely Day1.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: karmajayne

Touching. Heartfelt. A Very Good Read. Syx.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
that's why he loves you

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: karmajayne

That was awesome.. Truly.
I really enjoyed that

top topics

join