It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivors Will Be Shot Again Sign Spooks Burglar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Sometimes a lightbulb goes off and karate chops a person right in the old Adam's apple with a mega dose of common sense. The fight or flight response awakens for the first time and ensures one a slightly better chance that the continuity of life and limb may indeed go on for another day.

Imagine that you have temporarily lost your morals and your mental acuity is just a hair slower than a sloth in the mud. You decide to break and enter into someone else's home for your own personal gain. You pull up at your chosen residence, rubbing your hands together in glee ala Snidely Whiplash and start trying to kick the door in.

Suddenly you notice a sign right on the door. You lean in closer to read it. In fact this....

Is what the sign says. Would you continue trying to break in or would you take the advice of that chop to the Adam's Apple and get the hell out of dodge? Yeah... Me too.

An odd surveillance video is making the rounds which shows a man talking on a cellphone and taking several running starts to bust through a front door. Well, it gets even stranger when the crook suddenly is seen hoofing it from the Texas home as fast as his feet can carry him.

Apparently something freaked-out the would-be burglar.

And while the video doesn’t explain what it is, KPRC-TV in Houston took a visit to the house in Texas City — and revealed a likely candidate.

It’s a sign on the front door.

It reads: ”No trespassing. Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."

You can watch the video here:
www.click2houston.com...

I couldn't embed it or find it in youtube, but the whole thing is available at that link.

The article itself can be found here:
www.theblaze.com...

In this case it seems that everyone is leaning toward the sign scaring this burglar off. We hear a lot of folks always saying that guns don't stop violence or they don't stop enough of it to make it count. In this case, all it took was the threat of violence with a gun to keep this criminal moving on to greener pastures. If I were going to be breaking and entering, a house with guns in it would be THE LAST house I would choose.

Fortunately this guy seemed to wise up pretty quickly and nothing ugly happened that night. I'm saying the homeowner just needs a huge "Beware of Dog" sign to hang up under this one and he'll be a triple threat!

edit on 8/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
"Trespassers Will Be Violated."
Posted on my property.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Now that's a welcome improvement to the " No Trespassing" sign, it's about time right.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I like that sign!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Out here trespassers are lunch for the local wildlife ..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Posted on my property.

That might be considered an invitation to some Skunk!!!

originally posted by: FutureThinker

Now that's a welcome improvement to the " No Trespassing" sign, it's about time right.

Indeed! It is about time. When folks can start doing more to protect themselves that will leave the criminal types with fewer choices about what they can/will do and the dire consequences they may reap from it. My guess is the crime rates would plummet. At least in these kinds of cases. Crime would still happen of course, but I would bet my own life that many criminals would opt for a safer way to make money... as in getting a real job like the rest of us have to.

originally posted by: amazing
I like that sign!

Me too! I bet they will be selling like hot cakes after this plays out a few times on the MSM.

originally posted by: Expat888
Out here trespassers are lunch for the local wildlife ..

I'm not out as far as you Expat, but I do reside in the boondocks where it gets "serious" dark after the sun sets. I know that both of my neighbors have their own cache of firearms like we do. We don't get much funny business out here because everyone knows that everyone else has a gun within reaching distance at night most of the time and not a lot further than that during the daytime.

The wildlife might get them here as well, but that would consist of a raging bull more than anything else.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

First saw sign like that back in 70 ... with how things are over there now surprised that more people dont have it ..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

First saw sign like that back in 70 ... with how things are over there now surprised that more people dont have it ..

I was surprised at how many had not seen it before myself judging from these comments and the comments on the other two sites I pulled this from. I just assumed it's because I do live way out in the country and that is normal for folks here and that it probably isn't as normal for some of the bigger city dwelling people. In my neck of the woods there is somewhat of a thriving gun culture and it's not like that the further you travel northward.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
If you are starving and desperate, hey, what do you have to lose, heck, being shot, might even be welcome.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Posted on my property.

That might be considered an invitation to some Skunk!!!

\

Damn...I had not considered that.
I'm in the boonies in Texas. I have a dog and a shotgun.
Someone would have to be either really stupid or suicidal to come into this neck of the woods with criminal intent.
I had not contemplated the possibility that someone out there may have seen "Deliverance," and thought it looked like a good time.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Damn...I had not considered that.
I'm in the boonies in Texas. I have a dog and a shotgun.
Someone would have to be either really stupid or suicidal to come into this neck of the woods with criminal intent.
I had not contemplated the possibility that someone out there may have seen "Deliverance," and thought it looked like a good time.

Oh... There IS ALWAYS somebody that wants to make you squeal like a pig... boy.

Paddle faster - I hear Banjo music!

originally posted by: calstorm
If you are starving and desperate, hey, what do you have to lose, heck, being shot, might even be welcome.

Indeed it might. At least with this sign hanging on the door, they can pick the right house the first time instead of having to rob 10 in the hopes of getting shot.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I like to knock on my neighbours door and run away too.

A sign like that one would give it more of an edge for sure.
edit on 3-8-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Saw that sign back in the '70's love it.
But I like this one better!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
I like to knock on my neighbours door and run away too.

A sign like that one would give it more of an edge for sure.

Yep. No more "Ding Dong Ditch" for those folks. I also wonder how much money they save on Halloween candy?!

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

Saw that sign back in the '70's love it.
But I like this one better!

I would use that myself! If you were to put that on your front porch, you might consider putting this one....

on your back porch. Because you just KNOW that someone is going to call the local police department to report your scary, terroristic home decor.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Indeed - I've seen a few like that here in the UK, one of which is on a farm near my parents house.

Made me chuckle when I first saw it

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Great sign. I do remember an old one here in aussie on a gate but can't find the pic. Simply says,

"God helps those that help themselves,,,not me,,,, I shoot the buggers."

To the point,

Cheers Kanga,

Regards,

Bally

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
My apartment block once got a new sign. Had me walking very very slowly up the garden path until I realized that all they had done was put some acrylic floor spikes up on the walls

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I like that we don't call 911 sign. So cool!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Lmao my neighbor has that same one on his front deck leading to his front door.Yea there are a lot of good ones.1 that comes to mind is with the rising cost of ammo there will be no waring shots. And my other neighbor has if you can read this you are in range...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i have 3 Rottweilers and and i live out in the country and there on an invisible fence they hate cars pullin down our 1/4 mile drive way so you find out about the dogs well before u get to the house when they try to attack ur car all the way up the drive lol

edit on 3-8-2014 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join