It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

As the Ebola outbreak continues to cause concern, President Barack Obama has signed an amendment to an executive order that would allow him to mandate the apprehension and detention of Americans who merely show signs of “respiratory illness.”

The executive order, titled Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases, amends executive order 13295, passed by George W. Bush in April 2003, which allows for the, “apprehension, detention, or conditional release of individuals to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of suspected communicable diseases.”

Obama Signs Executive Order to Detain Americans With ‘Respiratory Illnesses’

Well, well... It seems the worm turns... as Mojave Burning just posted on Pandemic Readiness...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the world is being set into panic mode for Ebola... We now wake up to an under reported story on Obama signing a new order to detain Americans... well skeptics such as myself say well let us note that Wiki shows that transmission is fluid based...
Wiki : The disease is usually acquired when a person comes into contact with the blood or bodily fluids of an infected animal such as a monkey or fruit bat....
so, how do 700+ people die from that? and why would an executive order be signed on 'detainment of Respiratory problems'...

inquiring minds would like to know...

but let us not forget the last time this Pandemic information went around...
Unaware to many of you, during the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic was originally PLANNED to be much worse then it was, but not due to swine flu... Instead it was going to take a drastic turn for the worst (~April 2009), with a CONTROLLED release of human-to-human airborne H5N1 bird-flu (~60% mortality rate) which was going to be overlapped with the Swine Flu pandemic at the time. (credit to TruthNow88)
Well in steps Baxter Pharma and a sub-contractor getting his hands on the Baxter swine flu vaccine prior to human use, we would of likely seen one of the most deadly global pandemics in recent history via Human-to-Human airborne Bird Flu as the whole lot was tainted with live bird flu. Jane Burgermeister who was working for Baxter became a whistleblower and told the world the full story....
some may remember her video on Camelot
www.youtube.com...

An official of the World Health Organization’s European operation said the body is closely monitoring the investigation into the events that took place at Baxter International’s research facility in Orth-Donau, Austria.
“At this juncture we are confident in saying that public health and occupational risk is minimal at present,” medical officer Roberta Andraghetti said from Copenhagen, Denmark.
“But what remains unanswered are the circumstances surrounding the incident in the Baxter facility in Orth-Donau.”

Thanks to Ms Burgermeister for saving us all last time... and to TruthNow88 for bringing back the full story..

edit on 1-8-2014 by R_Clark because: Spelling

edit on 1-8-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar and Credits

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Oh good...I had a bad case of pneumonia earlier this year, and still carry a cough. I still have to use my nebulizer from time to time too...Not only that, but it's now considered chronic pneumonia, since I've had it 4 times in 7 years.
Would I be considered for detainment?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
GREAT, I have COPD from D.Storm...I wanna stay home and I'm afraid I will emphatically INSIST should someone get a bright idea to use this in the wrong fashion.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If all else fails to get the virus spread around the world then they resort to using airplanes to carry the effected to other land masses. This action is right on time for a good ole round up.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark
Maybe they'll use this against the first responders from 9/11 who are suffering from respiratory illnesses and causing problems for the coverup.

soulwaxer

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The amendment signed by Obama replaces subsection (b) of the original Bush executive order which referred only to SARS

Only SARS.

Now includes pretty much everything under the sun IE detention of Americans who merely show signs of “respiratory illness.”

Why stop there right ?

Hell he could say smokers show 'signs' of respiratory illness!

DETAIN them!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Except Ebola isn't respiratory.

I'd say they are far more likely to be seeding MDR-TB with their little illegal friends.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
When I heard he signed an executive order for respiratory illness, I thought good because I thought it was meant for the people at the borders trying to enter.

Why is this not for the people at the border and Americans and not simply just Americans? Look, if someone has a disease I do not want them spreading it through the country, American or foreigner but what about the people with Asthma? or summer allergies? Or Copd as mentioned above? Are those people going to be put into rooms that are populated with people who have Ebola or TB?

What is this? What is really going on?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Yeah, and when that does happen, those of us who do have respiratory problems are almost assuredly dead.

It scares the bejezus out of me. This year's pneumonia was the worst I've ever had it. I thought I was going to die. But I kept going to school and work, and got through it.

We don't stand a chance if put in those quarantine rooms.

I should add that I wasn't contagious. I had a bacterial infection in my lungs from a month long cold that never got better. If I was contagious, I would not have subjected other people to that illness. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Britster1821 because: I wanted to add that I didn't purposefully infect others. I was not contagious.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Certainly covers more than Ebola.

(b) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
(SARS), which is a disease associated
with fever and signs and symptoms of
pneumonia or other respiratory ill-
ness, is transmitted from person to
person predominantly by the aero-
solized or droplet route, and, if spread
in the population, would have severe
public health consequences.

TO:

"(b) Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled. This subsection does not apply to influenza."

edit on 1-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Influenza is specifically exempted in the new change to the executive order.
I wonder what respiratory illness they are thinking of, or maybe they are just waiting for a new one to pop up all of a sudden?
Ahhh, I see loam covered this... just above^^^.
edit on b000000312014-08-01T13:59:27-05:0001America/ChicagoFri, 01 Aug 2014 13:59:27 -0500100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: R_Clark

I think Obama should sign an executive order to pay 10 million dollars to anyone being experimented on.

Hated kings come and go but a loved King rules forever.

Im asking for your vote in 2016.
edit on 1-8-2014 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So now coughing in public can land one in quarantine?

I can envision the signs now, if you see someone coughing call the local authorities. Those with respiratory illness are a threat to public safety and need to be quarantined!

This is an interesting development. I really do not know what to make of it. Obviously there is some concern with Ebola, but to quarantine those with 'respiratory illness' seems a bit far reaching. Respiratory illness is a quite common ailment.

I did hear something about a TB outbreak with the homeless in Gainesville, FL that resulted in many being quarantined. This EO is more likely to cover a TB outbreak than Ebola.
edit on 1-8-2014 by jrod because: typo gremlins

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I say to everyone... do not leave your house unless you need to. Maybe we should take a cue from the Chinese and start wearing those facemasks I often see them wearing.

I went out the other day and bought some basic face masks and gloves from the pharmacy because this whole Ebola thing has me a bit scared as well as the rampant tb being brought in, and I just watched The Stand again so I was paranoia overload. The cashier says to me, "everyone is buying these is there a sickness going around". I laughed and said "Ebola is coming don't ya know" and sure enough I turn on my news and see that not only is it in the US but it was brought in on purpose, wtf?

Since they say Ebola is not respiratory and they apparently could care less about TB, just what in the hell are they afraid of?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
Since they say Ebola is not respiratory and they apparently could care less about TB, just what in the hell are they afraid of?

I could be wrong but ebola can be spread through the respiratory system, while not being a respiratory illness.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britster1821
Oh good...I had a bad case of pneumonia earlier this year, and still carry a cough. I still have to use my nebulizer from time to time too...Not only that, but it's now considered chronic pneumonia, since I've had it 4 times in 7 years.
Would I be considered for detainment?

Plus the fact you're a member of ATS, yes, maybe you should worry about that executive order ammendment.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. … When one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway." --Joe Biden, providing handy tips to protect against the swine flu and freaking us out, "Today Show" interview, April 30, 2009

politicalhumor.about.com...

A sneeze can get a person detained now.

That EO is the very definition of 'freaking out'.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

originally posted by: intrepid
I could be wrong but ebola can be spread through the respiratory system, while not being a respiratory illness.

Person-to-person transmission occurs via close personal contact with an infected individual or their body fluids during the late stages of infection or after death...

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20). Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation.

Link.

edit on 1-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Britster1821

Pnuemonia?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Oh well yeah, that's definitely a possibility. I don't post very often, so maybe TPTB will go easy on me haha.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join