It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Revised List of Quarantinable Communicable Diseases---signed July 31, 2014

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well...this is really messed up. So Obama signs an Exec order YESTERDAY that allows detention of anyone with respiratory illness not related to influenza. Just happens to coincide with the 2 patients with Ebola hitting the states. WTF? This wreaks of a CT at this point.

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 264(b) of title 42, United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13295. Based upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Acting Surgeon General, and for the purposes set forth in section 1 of Executive Order 13295 of April 4, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13375 of April 1, 2005, section 1 of Executive Order 13295 shall be further amended by replacing subsection (b) with the following:

"(b) Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled. This subsection does not apply to influenza."

Source
edit on 8/1/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh, but of course, there is 0 chance of Ebola spreading beyond the walls of Emory so this is all just silly precautionary work with no real meaning.

I don't know why he even bothered to make the effort, for how unlikely it is to ever see Ebola come to the United States. Oh. Wait. I mean, for it to spread after it has been brought here by his CDC of course.

They wouldn't be a little concerned or anything, would they?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCynic

Oh, but of course, there is 0 chance of Ebola spreading beyond the walls of Emory so this is all just silly precautionary work with no real meaning.

I don't know why he even bothered to make the effort, for how unlikely it is to ever see Ebola come to the United States. Oh. Wait. I mean, for it to spread after it has been brought here by his CDC of course.

They wouldn't be a little concerned or anything, would they?

Yeah....a freaking presidential executive order changing the original order to cover anyone with respiratory illness. Sounds more like they are worried now that it will become airborne and those that are coughing will be the ones to spread it.

So, school is about to start back for most of the US. Kids will hit these schools, pickup some form of sickness that will no doubt relate to respiratory illness and then what? Quarantine all children and shut the schools down?

This is WAY out of the ordinary and way too many odd things happening for something big not to be on the horizon.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
What makes you think the amendment isn't related to TB? That is a respiratory-related illness, unlike Ebola, which is NOT a respiratory illness. Ebola victims don't get pneumonia-like symptoms, but TB victims do.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I am not worried in the least bit about this! It's a distraction if you ask me. I see more about this than anything else is my news feed on various sites.

One part of the world is at war and thousands of innocent people are being killed but hey let's freak out over two people with Ebola being put in quarantine.

edit on 8/1/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Stupid typing skills lol

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It could very well be. Come to think of it, one of the illegals welcomed in under Obama's open border policy recently has vanished with a drug resistant form of TB and into the American population.

So it could be TB. It's not likely in my view because this was signed while a plane was literally in the air to pick up Ebola patients in Africa for return to the United States as I understand the timing, but it could be.

Either situation would be one of our own creation and which should not exist in this nation as a simple point of fact.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
What makes you think the amendment isn't related to TB? That is a respiratory-related illness, unlike Ebola, which is NOT a respiratory illness. Ebola victims don't get pneumonia-like symptoms, but TB victims do.

Isnt TB vaccinated against?

Just saying why would they be worried about TB in particular.........and why now

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
UM, has anyone considered this could be primarily related the huge influx of illegal immigrants crossing the southern border?

California declares whooping cough epidemic

The agency says that there were 3,458 whooping cough cases reported between January 1 and June 10, well ahead of the number of cases reported for all of 2013.

This is a problem of "epidemic proportions," the department said. And the number of actual cases may be even higher, because past studies have shown that for every case of whooping cough that is reported, there are 10 more that are not officially counted.

Now add in tuberculosis, the potential for MERS, Ebola, the latest H#N# variant and it doesn't seem so outlandish does it?
edit on 8/1/14 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

That is a respiratory-related illness, unlike Ebola, which is NOT a respiratory illness.

Because certain symptoms of Ebola are flu like? Coughing and sneezing can transmit the virus thru the air or deliver it to surfaces that others may come into contact with.

They also mention fever and transmission with high mortality. Ebola definitely comes under that criteria. I wouldn't forget that they won't mention it directly because of fear of generating fear.

The land of secrets about every damn other subject, dont expect that to change much.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I definitely get the feeling we are being setup for marshal law. But thats just me

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My personal opinion is that the exec order is simply marketing on the part of the White House to help quell the fears of all those who are afraid of what the illegal immigrants might be bringing with them. I believe we already have protocols in place for quarantining diseases like TB, so I think this is just window dressing, to look like we are thinking about it and doing something about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

My personal opinion is that the exec order is simply marketing on the part of the White House to help quell the fears of all those who are afraid of what the illegal immigrants might be bringing with them. I believe we already have protocols in place for quarantining diseases like TB, so I think this is just window dressing, to look like we are thinking about it and doing something about it.

that could be true, however this isnt typical of Obama, usually hes all about making a show of things to make himself look good, to me if they were just trying to quell fears he would be making a statement or something on TV like he usually does about various things......

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
While this ExOrder may seem silly since Ebola isn't a respiratory illness, and isn't airborne, I personally see it as a new law putting the American people one step closer to being nothing more than working cattle.

After 911, many new laws were enacted that didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but now people are beginning to realize just how much life has changed- and how much we have lost.

It sure seems like 'The Perfect Storm' is brewing when you consider all that is going on in the world.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I wouldn't see this as marketing as the US is hearing more about Ebola than they are of the immigrants coming over with TB. The Ebola stories are far larger and worldwide. If he is trying to market and quell fears, I think this would have the opposite effect.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Pretty sure they have documented Ebola being contracted airborne and creating lesions in the primates lungs.....looking for the study now.

Here
edit on 1-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Isnt TB vaccinated against?

Just saying why would they be worried about TB in particular.........and why now

Yes, and the likelihood of a US citizen getting it are slim with the vaccinations and immunizations. I am far less worried about TB than I am Ebola.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican

Pretty sure they have documented Ebola being contracted airborne and creating lesions in the primates lungs.....looking for the study now.

Here

My thought is the reason this was signed yesterday is because they either have a fear of or already know of Ebola becoming airborne and causing respiratory illness at this point from the victims they have been able to see in the last few weeks.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I heard that a patient was supposed to be flown to Germany as well. Anyone have a link to any orders equivalent to that of the exec order from the POTUS in other countries?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Includes MERS.

....Ebola is not the only emerging infectious disease, and might not be the worst.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

A preemptive strike maybe?

Who knows what info the POTUS is privy too, but If it's a response to the not so recent Ebola outbreak then they are going a bit overboard. Maybe it could be due to the influx of immigrants from south of the border, which would be awfully convenient.

All I read was an exec order, I'd like to hear the reasons for giving such an order.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join