It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Ship/The Strain and Ebola Connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Everyone should check out the new T.V Series The Last Ship.

The crew of a naval destroyer is forced to confront the reality of a new existence when a pandemic kills off most of the earth's population.

The Last Ship IMDb

A thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself.

The Strain IMDb

It's funny how they both just recently came out too. I love The Last Ship though, great show. I think you would all enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Coincidence, not conspiracy

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah

Did I call it a conspiracy? No. I just left it with a question mark on the point of connection for ATS users to speculate about.

What may be a coincidence to you might be a conspiracy to others.

Notice how I didn't put this thread in General Conspiracies?

Deny ignorance my friend.
edit on 1-8-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark
I like the show, it wasn't what I expected. i guess I didn't hone in on the post pandemic nature of the show in the ad literature, when I tuned in, I was pleasently surprised.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark

Did I call it a conspiracy? No. I just left it with a question mark on the point of connection for ATS users to speculate about.

Posting it in a conspiracy forum, and trying to make a "connection" between some tv shows and Ebola sort of imply it's a conspiracy.

"Deny ignorance" , also that phrase is way over used. And often wrongly used..

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Posting it in a conspiracy forum, and trying to make a "connection" between some tv shows and Ebola sort of imply it's a conspiracy.

Yeah, well you're right about one thing, denying ignorance is often wrongly used.

For your information, it's not in a Conspiracy forum. It's in the Television section. You calling it a coincidence is your own opinion so please, don't tell me what I'm implying. I haven't even decided my opinion yet.

All phrases are over used when people don't understand them.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Yeah, well you're right about one thing, denying ignorance is often wrongly used.

For your information, it's not in a Conspiracy forum. It's in the Television section. You calling it a coincidence is your own opinion so please, don't tell me what I'm implying. I haven't even decided my opinion yet.

ATS isn't a conspiracy site?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm watching both these shows and not able to see a connection. Both are great shows and I found out about them by other ATS members.

Any other shows you guys can suggest?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It's not only a conspiracy site, nor or all the members people who buy into conspiracies.... I'm as sceptic as they come.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
I'm watching both these shows and not able to see a connection. Both are great shows and I found out about them by other ATS members.

Any other shows you guys can suggest?

Vikings, breaking bad, game of thrones are all truely amazing!

Dominion, defiance, true blood, strain, are all keeping my intrest but not amazing.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

We wont all die of Ebola im afraid, the mortality rate may very well be around 90% but that's in third world countries. With modern day medical facilities at hand that figure would probably drop to around 60%-70%. Then you have the fact that we understand, to a fashion, basic hygiene and biology. Transmission of the disease however would be a factor in any society, population density, infrastructure and social interaction are all variables to consider.

As for the similarities you draw between this outbreak and series The Last Ship, that's just another example of life imitating art I imagine.

edit on 1-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There is an existing thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to let you know.

P

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I just finished the 1st book of the strain...
And I did think what a strange coincidence to be reading that as the Ebola outbreak started hitting the news.

Years back I read "the stand" by Stephen King,and by a quirk of bad timing picked up a really bad head cold near the start of the book..not a good thing to happen,believe me.

Part of me really does worry that we create our reality by the fictional materials we read/view on TV-and the sort of reality common in so many post apocalyptic stories/films is a future we really do not want to see come true.

Problem is,the more the population grows,and more globalization takes root;the more likley such a scenerio could happen.
Imagine if the Spanish Flu outbreak occured in todays world of constant plane travel...The number of deaths does not bear thinking about-and it was bad enough in 1918,before the advent of mass global transit.

Pretty scary IMO.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Perception is our greatest deception. I guess it's how you look at the site. I see where you're coming from.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
There is an existing thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just to let you know.

P

It's a different thread...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

I just finished the 1st book of the strain...
And I did think what a strange coincidence to be reading that as the Ebola outbreak started hitting the news.

Years back I read "the stand" by Stephen King,and by a quirk of bad timing picked up a really bad head cold near the start of the book..not a good thing to happen,believe me.

Part of me really does worry that we create our reality by the fictional materials we read/view on TV-and the sort of reality common in so many post apocalyptic stories/films is a future we really do not want to see come true.

Problem is,the more the population grows,and more globalization takes root;the more likley such a scenerio could happen.
Imagine if the Spanish Flu outbreak occured in todays world of constant plane travel...The number of deaths does not bear thinking about-and it was bad enough in 1918,before the advent of mass global transit.

Pretty scary IMO.

Yeah it's kinda amazing society has survived as long as it has too. There seems to be a lot of coincidences happening lately.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
sometimes I think in amazement we are the pinnacle of evolution, the very tip if a 3 billion year old spear. Its kind of funny that we must worry more about our own government than anything else. I think its all too necessary for a secret cabal to depopulate the planet, but those are just my own thoughts not theirs. I know technologically we might not be at the top, but who's to say what tech we actually have, "WE CAN BRING ET HOME" etc..In my opinion its not a population problem, its a banker problem, there is plenty of water contrary to what the MSM reports. Are lakes low, California drought? sure whatever.
its not like we don't have oceans and aren't already controlling the weather. ewww. If everyone had enough money at all times we would have a utopian society, instead we scratch and claw eachother like drug addicts.

On topic, those look like good shows, and I would say "they're are NO coincidences."

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

where is ..Jessica..hide ?

inundated by population control ideas, as the inevitable looms ever closer .. utopia being another co=incidental example .. series 2 currently airing

utopia series

funBox

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
With the first US Citizen Ebola victims on their way to the US from Liberia, lets hope we did send out such a ship!!!

top topics

join