It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Official Breaks Down Over Shelled Gaza School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Israel thinks, "Hey, there's no sanctity in UN schools. It's simply another target. Fire!!"

No this is what Israel thinks. It's just another war crime go ahead and fire nothing will be done about it because we have the idiots in the American government to back us.

You know what I've been thinking about? What makes this Israeli push different than the ones in the past? It's the tunnels, and the nearness of Iran completing a nuclear weapon. Can you imagine what would happen if one of those was carried into a tunnel under Tel Aviv?

Enough of the Iran and Nuke BS. There is no proof that Iran is trying to build nukes if you have any show it. To think Hamas would build a tunnel that is almost 53 miles long into Tel Aviv is laughable.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Snarl

Israel thinks, "Hey, there's no sanctity in UN schools. It's simply another target. Fire!!"

No this is what Israel thinks. It's just another war crime go ahead and fire nothing will be done about it because we have the idiots in the American government to back us.

You know what I've been thinking about? What makes this Israeli push different than the ones in the past? It's the tunnels, and the nearness of Iran completing a nuclear weapon. Can you imagine what would happen if one of those was carried into a tunnel under Tel Aviv?

Enough of the Iran and Nuke BS. There is no proof that Iran is trying to build nukes if you have any show it. To think Hamas would build a tunnel that is almost 53 miles long into Tel Aviv is laughable.

it was most likely a misfired rocket that blew up in the launcher and set off others.
no way there were only 17 dead in a building with 3000 people in it that the israeli's were trying to take out.

and hamas has a few hundred miles of tunnels, 300 or so at last count, i believe.

that crying dude was probably overwhelmed with guilt for letting hamas use their buildings for attacks.

edit on 3122128831am2014 by tsingtao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
to extort the Palestinian people to bow to Israels demands,

Those outrageous demands are very simple - stop attacking Israel! so what is so hard about those demands that Hamas refuse to meet them?

Get off their land seems simple enough of a request as well. Maybe Israel is deaf...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Get off their land seems simple enough of a request as well. Maybe Israel is deaf...

What part of Gaza was Israel on? There were no Israeli troops in gaza...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I explicitly stated that the UN should take action against Hamas, not the people of Gaza.

Israel is at war with Hamas, not the people of Gaza. It is Hamas that has ensured that Palestinian civilians continue to suffer.

Hamas broke the humanitarian ceasefire earlier this morning after only 90 minutes, by sending a suicide bomber into one of the tunnels to kill IDF soldiers that were abiding by the ceasefire, and reportedly capturing an IDF soldier. Hamas also fired more rockets into Israel today.

If anyone in their right mind thinks that Hamas gives a crap about the people of Gaza, or has any interest whatsoever in a peaceful resolution to this conflict, they are either blind, or not paying attention.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

The UN isn't an invading army, read the link I posted. They're peace keepers, not aggressors. As far as Hamas is concerned, the IDF has killed and continues to kill its chain of command and the Palestinian people do not support them. They are a terrorist group and Israel's excuse to level Gaza while continuing to blur it's border in the name of buffer zones.

Keep on blindly supporting Israel and allowing them the freedom to kill over a thousand, and counting, civilians, while displacing over a hundred thousand, and leveling Gaza, power plants and water supplies and all. You all the sympathies for any Israeli who is in danger of Hamas' rockets of fail but zero sympathy for the Gazans. That's how you continue to come off anyway.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I have a lot of sympathy for the people of Gaza, as they are being used as pawns by Hamas. I'm sure many of them wanted no part of this conflict.

However, what you and many others fail to recognize is that the deplorable tactics being used by the elected terrorist regime of Gaza do not negate the Israeli government's obligation to respond to incessant missile attacks on their civilian population, or to dismantle the underground tunnel network that would ensure further acts of terrorism.

Hamas has done everything in their power to ensure that Palestinian civilians will die, and they are also doing everything they can to ensure that this conflict will rage on.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Israeli troops are all over land that was the Palestinians 50 years ago. You think the Israelis are the only ones that will "never forget"

Israel should just assume that the Palestinians are human just like the Israelis. It would go a long way.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Israeli troops are all over land that was the Palestinians 50 years ago. You think the Israelis are the only ones that will "never forget"

Israel should just assume that the Palestinians are human just like the Israelis. It would go a long way.

I think you have it backwards.

Hamas should assume that Israelis and Palestinian civilians are human, and that their lives are actually worth something other than furthering their deplorable agenda. That would go a long way, but it's never going to happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

I explicitly stated that the UN should take action against Hamas, not the people of Gaza.

Israel is at war with Hamas, not the people of Gaza. It is Hamas that has ensured that Palestinian civilians continue to suffer.

Hamas broke the humanitarian ceasefire earlier this morning after only 90 minutes, by sending a suicide bomber into one of the tunnels to kill IDF soldiers that were abiding by the ceasefire, and reportedly capturing an IDF soldier. Hamas also fired more rockets into Israel today.

If anyone in their right mind thinks that Hamas gives a crap about the people of Gaza, or has any interest whatsoever in a peaceful resolution to this conflict, they are either blind, or not paying attention.

If that were true then why doesn't the IDF roll in and get Hamas. Their intel is good enough to twll the UN to blow smoke but it is not good enough to get a ground team in? That makes no sense unless Israel is that yellow in the belly.

Canada should have just bombed the *snip* out of Poland rather than risk our lives to save them from the Nazis. That is what Israel would have done and then blamed the Polish for letting the Nazis in.

What does Israel plan on doing with those nukes that they lie to the world about having. When we finally realize Israel is actually a terrorist, it is going to be like a pail of cold water dumped on us when we also realize they are a nuclear armed terrorist state. They want the world to turn on them - clearly - just so they can use those nukes I fear.
edit on 1-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Do you honestly think it's that easy for any military to go in and apprehend terrorist militants and target missile launchers without causing collateral damage, given the circumstances?

Like I said previously, the IDF has two choices. Retaliate against terrorist aggression and incur the wrath of the global community, or succumb to the tactics of Hamas, and absorb missiles being fired on Israeli civilians as well as terror tunnels leading into Israel.

Oh, I forgot to mention a third option that would satisfy Hamas' requirements. Israel could also simply cease to exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Do you honestly think it's that easy for any military to go in and apprehend terrorist militants and target missile launchers without causing collateral damage, given the circumstances?

Like I said previously, the IDF has two choices. Retaliate against terrorist aggression and incur the wrath of the global community, or succumb to the tactics of Hamas, and absorb missiles being fired on Israeli civilians as well as terror tunnels leading into Israel.

Oh, I forgot to mention a third option that would satisfy Hamas' requirements. Israel could also simply cease to exist.

No actually they can go in and get their targets. Every other military does it. Israel should stop acting like cowards and maybe there would be a lot less dead innocent civilians. Your right, collateral damage may happen. 1400 of them? You suck pretty bad if that is the case.

The argument that missile strikes and bombing campaigns are the only way to keep casualties down, really does't have a leg to stand on so anyone that uses it comes off like a gimp retard IMHO.

And YES. Israel no longer existing is a viable option. I would back that and so would most of the world. They have proven they do not deserve the land.
edit on 1-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think you have it backwards.

Hamas should assume that Israelis and Palestinian civilians are human, and that their lives are actually worth something other than furthering their deplorable agenda. That would go a long way, but it's never going to happen.

Of course it won't happen. Israel LOVES Hamas, probably backing them to keep the fighting going. This is chess not checkers.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just want to post a few facts in this thread.

1. The U.N discovered rockets on U.N sanctioned land and immediately contacted the local authorities who's jurisdiction it was to handle such weapons.

2. In no way has the U.N ever supported the hiding, smuggling or any other activity concerning contraband such as weaponry, drugs or any other illicit materials. If a member of the U.N was found to be supporting such activities he/she would be convicted.

So, what is so hard to understand about those 2 facts?

Concerning fact 1, what would anyone here in this thread suggest the U.N should do in such a situation? It is a neutral body who's main goal is securing of peace and ensuring the protection of universal human rights so it couldn't exactly phone up Israel an say " Hey guy's those douche bags Hamas have stored a few rockets in our school... Fancy blowing them up?"

No they couldn't do that, they had to follow protocol and reported them to the authorities in charge of the area. For comparison lets say your a European on holiday in Canada. You witnessed an American being murdered by a Canadian, do you high tail it to the states and report the murder or do you contact the local authorities whom have jurisdiction on the land and the legal authority to investigate the murder?

fact 2, where are people getting off that the U.N are supporting HAMAS?

Go read the United Nations mission statement, they cannot support anyone other than humanity. They pick no sides and anyone found picking sides doesn't deserve any association with the U.N. They do not support or help Hamas they do not support or help Israel.

Now I have queries about the U.N, I honestly believe without all the red tape and paperwork associated with getting things 100% correct and neutral they'd achieve so much more... But then they wouldn't be the U.N would they.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I was just reading about the writings of Yochanan Gordon and his views as expressed in an article in the Israeli Times.

I would like to give everyone a look at the conclusive paragraph of his piece called "When Genocide is Permissible".

I will conclude with a question for all the humanitarians out there. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu clearly stated at the outset of this incursion that his objective is to restore a sustainable quiet for the citizens of Israel. We have already established that it is the responsibility of every government to ensure the safety and security of its people. If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?

I would like to see a show of hands from those who can honestly say the totally agree with this line of thought.

Specially the last sentence.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

I don't understand your question. Primarily, that is because it makes no logical sense.

You are asking if I agree, specifically with the last sentence.

If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?

IT'S A QUESTION. How do you agree or disagree with a question? He's asking his readers to think about it. It's an important question, but that's all it is. You can agree or disagree with the answer, but not the question.

So, what's your answer? Your country is being attacked by an enemy who has sworn to destroy you and who will fight to the last man. Is there a point when the nation should say "We don't want to kill too many of you, so we'll stop. We surrender?"

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: teamcommander

I don't understand your question. Primarily, that is because it makes no logical sense.

You are asking if I agree, specifically with the last sentence.

If political leaders and military experts determine that the only way to achieve its goal of sustaining quiet is through genocide is it then permissible to achieve those responsible goals?

IT'S A QUESTION. How do you agree or disagree with a question? He's asking his readers to think about it. It's an important question, but that's all it is. You can agree or disagree with the answer, but not the question.

So, what's your answer? Your country is being attacked by an enemy who has sworn to destroy you and who will fight to the last man. Is there a point when the nation should say "We don't want to kill too many of you, so we'll stop. We surrender?"

Your question wasnt to me but can i still answer?

YES. Israel should surrender it's campaign to annihilate the Palestinian people and annex their land. That would solve the problem.

When can we start?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

And here's what typical pro die hard Israeli supporters all say, that no one ever holds Hamas responsible and or we are supporters of Hamas because we do not support Israel's actions, which in this case is the 1 sided so called Gaza war.

That said, I deplore Hamas and as I've reported in this thread, and others, so do the Palestinians. The reality is that they are afraid for their lives to stand up against Hamas.

Hamas is an evil organization but that doesn't excuse Israel's relentless, heartless, brutal attacks on Gaza. The right wing led Israeli Govts does not want peace and they are just as evil as Hamas, and callin them evil doesn't make me a new hater or a Hamas lover.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i would rather everyone here dropped their Israel VS hamas and see these human beings get maimed because of this conflict. not condoning both sides but these are innocent civilians caught helplessly between 2 powers and it is not OK for any side to fight on knowing they will hit these innocents..

are these casualties no human being anymore because they are 'just palestinian civilians' ? if these thousand+ innocent deaths were american or european nationality , what do you think the world reaction be ? what would the Western Media say if these deaths were american or european ?

so many human beings have been murdered and yet nary a newstory come out , just because these humans are not american and european nationality they dont worth the air-time for the western medias..

politics aside, why the western goverments and medias nitpicking their righteousness when it came to civilian deaths ? see how the Dutch goverment and people got angry because of MH17 disaster .. see how Australian PM overreacting over a few australian deaths in MH17 disaster.. yet none of these fellows showed a small shread of symphaty toward civilian deaths by thousands in gaza ? The australian PM even supported the Israeli offensive in gaza ...

Today it seem that there is a clear distinction of what consist as human being and have human rights. if you are not from western aligned nations, your human rights might not be noticed.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Dear MALBOSIA,

Your question wasnt to me but can i still answer?

That's a tough question, I don't know yet. Why don't you write a post attempting to answer the question I asked and we'll see if you can answer it?

YES. Israel should surrender it's campaign to annihilate the Palestinian people and annex their land. That would solve the problem.
They already have, or to be more accurate, they never had such a campaign. They don't want Gaza, they've proved that. If they wanted to annihilate the Palestinian people, the job would have been finished by now.

When can we start?

I know, let's do it right away. I propose a 72 hour cease fire.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join