It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prophetic music/song writers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
So I am curious what you people here on the religion forum think of modern day prophets speaking through music.

I always thought that today, if a prophet (from any religious denomination) was born he would speak through music, as music is a way of spreading a message through thousands of not millions of people, as music is everywhere today.

I was thinking of this lately after hearing a song I had not heard since a child, and for some reason, I am not sure what the message is, but I am somewhat convinced that it could be a prophetic, or at least has some message. I'm not sure why, the song just has stuck with me for many years.

Curious if anyone else thinks music could be a way a potential prophet could speak to the world?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Absolutely, Led Zeppelin is one of the best examples of this in my opinion. There's a lot of wisdom in the lyrics of their songs. Same goes for Journey and Pink Floyd. They all have their own versions of the truth sprinkled throughout their songs in my opinion. I agree with you that music is the best way to spread a message too.

I personally connect with Led Zeppelin's music the most because my personal beliefs are mirrored within the lyrics of many of their songs.
edit on 7/31/2014 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: resistanceisfutile

Modern day Prophets? Actions speak louder than words.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have been hinting about there being information sent between different groups of people that most people are not really paying attention to what they are really saying spiritually. If they really payed attention they might have a strange moment of realization.

Mumford & Sons - Babel

Aloe Blacc - The Man

Katy Perry - Dark Horse

Ellie Goulding - Lights

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive

OneRepublic - Stop And Stare

Can you see a common theme and pattern emerging?
edit on 31-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Cosby, Stills, and Nash.
Pink Floyd
Bob Marley
The Moody Blues
Bastille
Lorde
Aloe Blac
One Republic
Imagine Dragons
Elle ... the burn song.
Others too

edit on 1-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Absolutely, Led Zeppelin is one of the best examples of this in my opinion. There's a lot of wisdom in the lyrics of their songs. Same goes for Journey and Pink Floyd. They all have their own versions of the truth sprinkled throughout their songs in my opinion. I agree with you that music is the best way to spread a message too.

I personally connect with Led Zeppelin's music the most because my personal beliefs are mirrored within the lyrics of many of their songs.

Sorry to inform you but Led Zeppelin is not a prophetic band and neither is their music.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Since you state in your thread:

I always thought that today, if a prophet (from any religious denomination) was born he would speak through music, as music is a way of spreading a message through thousands of not millions of people, as music is everywhere today.

Oh yes and there are many. Many Christians listen to Matt Redman music - just one of many.

edit on 1-8-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Sorry to inform you but Led Zeppelin is not a prophetic band and neither is their music.

What can I say Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven.

And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune, Then the piper will lead us to reason. And a new day will dawn for those who stand long, And the forests will echo with laughter.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now, It's just a spring clean for the May queen. Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run There's still time to change the road you're on. And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, The piper's calling you to join him, Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A couple of videos about breaking thru.

Metallica - One

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

The Prodigy - No Good

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Cant have a thread like this without The xx - Angels.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Maybe not in your opinion but to me their music is "prophetic" in the way that it talks about what is already here and what is to come again in the next life. What we are experiencing now at this moment is eternity and awareness will never end even after we die, we will be born again somewhere else to experience the next slice of life the universe offers us and no one is left out of the deal.

My favorite Zep song.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
" all lies and jest still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest"

Paul Simon.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The band/lyricist that made me write this thread is Peter Gabriel, specifically his time with Genesis.

Time table
Suppers ready

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Add Katy Perry Roar to that list. Especially the lyric music video on YouTube.

Strange, she is one of Obama's favorite people. :-)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am in the process pif writing a longer post as to why I think "Foxtrot" by Genesis is the most prophetic album ever written.

I was listening to it again...and it just echoes.

especially this song.

Anyway, going to go back writing..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Prophetic. Down to the texts, different people, times, lyrics, and background symbology. Enjoy. :-)
edit on 2-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistanceisfutile

I was thinking of this lately after hearing a song I had not heard since a child, and for some reason, I am not sure what the message is, but I am somewhat convinced that it could be a prophetic, or at least has some message. I'm not sure why, the song just has stuck with me for many years.

Curious if anyone else thinks music could be a way a potential prophet could speak to the world?

Yeah, for sure…

Each and everyone of us, has a divine inner connection to the truth IMO… The truth is out there, calling out to us, through many songs…we just gota try to listen, and hear the message…

“Can you hear me… can hear me running…?”

“Can hear me running, can you hear me calling YOU?”

- JC

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The word prophet in Hebrew (nabiy' ) means a spokesman.Prophetic in the wider sense just means hearing from the creator God and speaking.It is the seed of art.It is not necessarily a prediction(and seldom is) it is hearing then speaking "Truth"...on that note here's a song I wrote with ZERO predictions just singing plain and simple Truth because that's what artist do.

soundclick.com...

Time And Time Again

The summers grass
Will turn to gold
The warm eves' breeze
Will cool to cold
What was once new
Will be old
Time and time again

The sun will fade
Into the sea
The moon will dance
Above the trees
The stars will sing
Endlessly
Time and time agin

Every second
I'll reckon
Infinitely
Every hour
The power
Will let it be

When I lay down
To close my eyes
I'll sleep in peace
Beyond blue skies
When I awake
I will not die
Time and time again
Time and time again
edit on 10-10-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join