It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola - What You're Not Being Told

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here It Is ATSers, The Damning Truth That We All Must Face. It Isn't Just Bodily Contact with Fluids that Spreads It, It Can Be In the Air & Enter Your Lungs, Then You Have a 50%-90% of Death.

We Need to Completely Seal Off Africa NOW If This is To Be Controlled. Truth About Ebola
edit on st00Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:00:05 -0500K201470531pm7 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm no scientist, or doctor, so to be honest, I don't know what to believe anymore.

I have noticed on the MSM in the last few days, that while they do say, that it is only through fluids, they sure seem to push how bad the spread is becoming. I wasn't sure if it was just sensationalism, or they were trying to hint at something more.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I call fear-mongering BS. This recent outbreak has been ongoing for over 6mos. If the organism HAD made the jump to aerosol transmissibility the number of cases would be 10x what it is today with an equivalent increase in mortality. The epidemiology does not support this 'theory' --- if it even deserves to be called that.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If this get's out of hand, nothing but a Nuke or God can stop it.

Don't turn it into a religious discussion folks. But it keep it mind it does come down to question what we're willing to sacrifice for the fate of Humanity.

If true of course...
edit on 31-7-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well the people said no to international war so they must find another way.

I pray for better times.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

originally posted by: jtma508
I call fear-mongering BS. This recent outbreak has been ongoing for over 6mos. If the organism HAD made the jump to aerosol transmissibility the number of cases would be 10x what it is today with an equivalent increase in mortality. The epidemiology does not support this 'theory' --- if it even deserves to be called that.

I agree, it does not appear to be airborne. But the virus is changing...

Novel Zaire Ebola Sub-Clade In Guinea and Sierra Leone

The June Sierra Leone sequences have evidence of some drift from the March sequences from Guinea. A prior Zaire sub-clade, which was found in apes and a chimpanzee and was associated with an outbreak in Gabon in 2002 had strong evidence of recombination, which raises concerns of more evolution in the current sub-clade, which has produced a record number of reported Ebola cases and deaths.

And I also think it a fair point that too much focus on the difficulty of transmission will make people too lax.

An abundance of caution seems the order of the day.

edit on 31-7-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Great Points Made All Around!

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
From CDC pages a guidance for airlines considering Ebola

it can spread from person to person, especially among health care staff and other people who have close contact * with an infected person. Ebola is spread through direct contact with blood or body fluids (such as saliva or urine) of an infected person or animal or through contact with objects that have been contaminated with the blood or other body fluids of an infected person.

It also gives tips how to treat a patient in airlines

Provide the sick person with a surgical mask (if the sick person can tolerate wearing one) to reduce the number of droplets expelled into the air by talking, sneezing, or coughing.

Give tissues to a sick person who cannot tolerate a mask. Provide a plastic bag for disposing of used tissues.

And when cleaning a plane

Do not use compressed air, which might spread infectious material through the air.

CDC

Its safety measures, this doesn´t really say if it really is a airborne but its good to know ( i guess ) that they keep that option open as well and make safety instructions keeping that possibility in mind.
edit on 31-7-2014 by dollukka because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just sent the White House this message and will send it to all my representatives.

With Ebola being now an uncontrolled virus.

TB is now nearly drug resistant and some strains are drug resistant.

With people coming from all over the world to cross our borders from Mexico.

Why haven't we sealed the borders?

Isn't the public heath crisis enough?

Ebola is now airborne says scientists.
"Though the method of transmission in the study was not officially determined, one of the scientists involved, Dr. Gary Kobinger, from the National Microbiology Laboratory at the Public Health Agency of Canada, told BBC News that he believed that the infection was spread through large droplets that were suspended in the air.
"What we suspect is happening is large droplets; they can stay in the air, but not long; they don't go far," he explained. "But they can be absorbed in the airway, and this is how the infection starts, and this is what we think, because we saw a lot of evidence in the lungs of the non-human primates that the virus got in that way."

Translation: Ebola IS an airborne virus.

UPDATE: Someone pointed out that in medical terms, if the virus is transferred through tiny droplets in the air this would technically not be called an "airborne virus". Airborne, in medical terms would mean that the virus has the ability to stay alive without a liquid carrier. On one hand this is a question of semantics, and the point is well taken, but keep in mind that the study did not officially determine how the virus traveled through the air, it merely established that it does travel through the air. Doctor Kobinger's hypothesis regarding droplets of liquid is just that, a hypothesis. For the average person however what needs to be understood is very simple: if you are in a room with someone infected with Ebola, you are not safe, even if you never touch them or their bodily fluids, and this is not what you are being told by the mainstream media. Essentially I am using the word "airborne" as a layman term "

We are not just looking at a humanitarian crisis, we are looking at virus' that can decimate the entire country.

If you really care about the American people, Mr. President, you will seal the borders NOW.

(P.S. I am not a hater, I am a citizen who is concerned that massive outbreaks will kill up to 50% of our population quickly if the borders are not sealed.)

edit on 31-7-2014 by grandmakdw because: highlight salient points

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The spread of this disease is getting alarming.....It does seem to indicate more efficient transmission.....I am wondering if there is a longer incubation period this time around....?
Though some kind of air transmission is possible it is a ways from being discovered how.....
We are forced to wait and see.....

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Thank You

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

The article hinges on one erroneous assumption, even given the misuse of the term "airborne" - that 'airborne' spread is always efficient. It's not. And Ebola's airborne spread is extremely inefficient. Maybe because it's not really airborne. Not to say this is not a serious epidemic. It is. And much more than "an outbreak." There are numerous epicenters aka outbreaks and not to much about this Ebola fits the mold.

Ebola Airborne? Spreads From Pigs to Monkeys Without Contact

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Listen, if it spread as readily as the common cold or flu, we would all be living in hot zones right now. This began in March. The disease has a 10 to 21 day incubation period. It would spread like a fad in an American high school with the conditions in West Africa - the people live in third world conditions, they are superstitious, they have little to no access to any kind of modern medicine, and they have funeral traditions that involved lots of contact with the dead like touching and kissing the corpse (a major Ebola incubator at that point). In all this time, from March to now, they have only managed to rack up around 700 or so confirmed deaths.

If this was airborne in the way this article fear-mongers, have the populations of millions in these countries would be dead or dying. This thing would have hopped a jet (more likely jets) long ago, and not a country on earth would be free of it. We would all be dead or dying.

It would, quite literally, be unimaginable. Be thankful this is not true. Hope this never, ever becomes true.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

airborne spread is extremely inefficient

that is not the point,, the point is "it's" trying to become more perfect,,or efficient.
after all is that not what Darwin confirms?
almost like it had some sort of code to follow,
.live ,,,
or die trying.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The op has brought up about Ebola and states that we are not being told the truth.

The facts are apart from all of the hype the following can be stated:

1) Calm down. When you panic, you make mistakes.
2) Contrary to what has been stated by the CDC and the federal government, there have been several outbreaks in the USA.
3) The odds of death from the Ebola virus are based off of the strain.

Ebola is a species jumper, which means that is left the animal kingdom and jumped into the human species some time ago. It is from an old family grouping of viruses called Filovirus. The first recorded outbreak was in Germany, in the city of Marburg, 1967. Then came the rest of the Ebola strains, which started in the Congo near the Ebola River. That was Ebola Zaire in 1976. Then in 1976, Ebola Sudan, 1989 Ebola Reston, 1994 Ebola Coat d’Ivory, 2007 Ebola Bundibugyo.
Those are the major strains of this kind of virus, a hemorrhagic fever

The lethalness of these strains are as follows:
Marburg: averages out to about 45% deaths.
Ebola Zaire: 90%
Ebola Sudan: 60%
Ebola Coat D’Ivory: 0
Ebola Bundibygyo: 50%
Reston: 0

While it is true, there is no cure, and ultimately it is a long and painful disease, where the person infected bleeds out, if we go with fear, then it only makes things worse. If anything the people who we should feel the most sorry for, especially for those who end up in a western medical unit, are those who end up in a western medical unit, that is quarantined for a good 6 months after they are cleared of the disease, or death, whichever comes first, with very little if any human contact.
How it is transmitted in the air, is pretty much the same way you would catch a cold or the flu, someone sneezes and poor hygiene.

The only thing I worry ultimately about is if they are going to bring persons that do have this rampant in them onto the US soil and it gets out, and even then chances are it would be local, and not spread as far as many would fear it to, with some isolated cases.

The other point on Ebola that all needs to remember, it is not in the interest in the virus to be 100% lethal. So there will be survivors of the outbreak. If it was 100% lethal, then it would have died out long ago, due to a lack of hosts.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

airborne spread is extremely inefficient

that is not the point,, the point is "it's" trying to become more perfect,,or efficient.
after all is that not what Darwin confirms?
almost like it had some sort of code to follow,
.live ,,,
or die trying.

imho - It's trying to share its genetic and epigenetic adaptations with us (and other species) so that we ALL harmonize better with our biosphere, planetary ecosystem etc. - therein lies the hardwired 'code.' and fyi - Darwin knew diddly squat about epigenetics, and the geneticists cum eugeneicists are clinging to a dead paradigm. Not that I would say viruses are conscious.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Really!!!????? I mean ,your solution is to seal off Africa!!!!wow talk about apathy....How about raising funds to help MSF in their fight against the disease??how about finding solutions on how to deal with this disease quickly instead off the "just seal it and let everyone in it die,as long as we are safe in our 1st world country"...Pathetic what fear can do to humanity....

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
We all have differing immunities depending on where we live.

Ive said this before and it more than likely fell on deaf ears.

Inmo and it is only that and may not be fact but......

Our bodies immune system may actually work only as much as required saving time and energy for when we need it.

Imagine a set of scales.

If we go around constantly killing germs and bacterial with our household detergents that kill 99.9% of bacteria then wouldnt it be fair to say our immune system become less needed and lays off a bit?
Then a common cold suddenly hits people like a ton of crap and with also giving it a certain name hyped up also subconsciously adds to the worry further allowing the impact?

Imho the summer is what recharges us all our bodiea and our immune syatems for the winter and is probably why we are guided to plastering ourselves in sunscreens to protect harmful effect.

Harmful effect from what though? The Sun on our bodies which everything else requires and depends on or from the harmful impact on loss of revenue to pharmaceutical companies from loss of revenue?

It also makes me wonder about these flights that have went down??????

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well, What Would You Suggest is the Most Optimal Way to Control/ Remove/ "Fight Back" This Ebola?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

we ALL harmonize better with our biosphere

well i like to harmonize with my biosphere, me, myself and i,,,if someting wants to make me bleed from every opening in my body,,well,,your right i guess me and mister worm,,can harmonize, untill then,,

we ALL harmonize better with our biosphere forget the WE part ,, and im ok with your idea.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join