It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antidepressants dulling intuition and psychic/spiritual energy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grifter42

When I think about it now, I miss the hallucinations - if I only kept them to myself I could still be enjoying them.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I've started taking sertraline about two weeks ago. After about a week, I was able to write again... I hadn't been able to write anything for a very long time. So it's helping me.

As for "seeing", I've never been able (or interested, if I'm being honest) to do that, but I hope it comes back to you.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I`m not a doctor or an expert on medications. One thing I do know is that once you start using them your system gets adjusted and need more and more for the same state of mind. So increasing your dosage will only lead to worse over time. Not even considering side effects...

Anyway, there is an alternative for battling stress and anxiety which eventually lead to depressions and alternative state of mind deficiencies. I`m not saying you should stop taking meds, but only that you should try these things along and see if it`s helping you.

So here we go...

1. Sleep.

Get enough sleep. This is the most important thing. Due to lack of it, you probably get irritated by little things. A wrong word, extra work, a joke....etc. You don`t have enough focus or energy and what this does to your system is stressing it which is a way to doom. I know everyone is complaning about not having enough time these days but get yourself enough time. If you can`t get to sleep at night, get that sorted. 2 hours before sleep stay away from any screen so your mind can take a break, don`t smoke, drink alcohol...anything that is bad for your mind and body. Instead go on your porch or balcony, have a conversation with a person you are comfortable with, watch the stars, go for a walk....

2. Exercise.

Like mentioned above, longer walks do miracles. Even so, if you have the opportunity walking surronded in natural environment. Green is a peaceful color and is awesome for a peace of mind during the walk. It empties your mind or it makes you focus on sth without being stressed. Also, during the negative thoughts, it`s best to walk in not too crowded place, also preferably not alone. A good conversation helps always. Beside that exercise regulary at least 2 times a week for like half an hour to 1 hour. This can be a pain in the ass to keep consistency but it is sth you have to force yourself. Start with basic exercises and keep increasing your efforts through periods(1 or 2 months).

You can start with these, but limiting the number of repeats at first...And no age is not an excuse or anything else as a matter of fact

www.webmd.com...

www.youtube.com...

Almost all can be done at home, but some can ofc be skipped. The point is that you sweat. Exercise is best stress releiver I know. Don`t overtrain yourself but don`t undertrain as well. Keep sweating and breathing for some time. You will feel peace at the end of the training. It`s also good for your bladder and going for #2 each day is also important to release all the toxins and feel 2 pounds lighter which makes you feel better.

3. Water

Drink loads of water, preferably clean pure water. I know some people prefer soda or juice or coke or whatever. But the thing is that with drinking the latter your body first need to work on sugars before it gets to water which is not good for your system. Drinking water itself helps to flush your toxins away and preserve a good body condition. It is overall good for your physical and mental wellbeing. Drink it even if you are not thirsty. Also keep consistency.

4. Food

I won`t go into too much detail because you probably are aware of this. I would only like to say...Stay away from fast food. Buying groceries and making your own food should be healthy enough. Also 1 thing you should know. Your overall consumption of heavy food to vegetables and fruit should be 1:2, but 1:1 is good enough.

5. Awareness

Make yourself aware of the things that upset you or make you feel bad or sad or anything that breaks your mood. Write them down. Then work on them, talk about them, confront them. Work towards saying...."what doesn`t kill you, makes you stronger". It`s not an easy thing to do, I know, but given time you should see the results. Patience is needed here. Still BEING AWARE IS THE KEY.

6. Socialize

This might be hard for some but we humans are social beings. We need to socialze. Internet might be quick fix but is not a solution. We need real contact with fellow human beings. If this is sth you find hard thing to do, try small things at first. Short conversations with people at work, in the local shop or coffeshop, on the street, or in your backyard will make you happy. Just keep in mind to keep your fears at bay. Because personally I know people who appear to be talking to you but in reality they think/have fears that you want to hurt them, talk about them behind their backs and rather avoid any conversations, so not really talking to you(you know what I mean). This must be sth for #5 point, to write down. You need to bypass this #, really, eventually. Loneliness is not the path you want to go through even though I personally believe that at some point in your life you have been given or being chosen for this...as next level in your journey. You either pass it or stay there forever...

7. Hope

Don`t even think about losing it. It`s what drives us forward...always. Like already mentioned by Infoseeker26754 and I quote:

Nothing in ones Life can be That Bad!

Anyway...Why did I write down all these things? It`s simple. You have to work on all of them to make things better for yourself in your journey in this life. Thing is you have to balance your body and mind. The saying "A healthy mind in a healthy body" is not just a saying you know. You can still do things like drinking alco or smoke once and while, just not make it a habit because, like drugs or addictions, it will unbalance your mind and body. Also I think that everyone can find own balance between mind and body and not necessarily do all these things. Still if you made real progress on your mind and neglected your body or reverse, it will eventually lead to some sort of disease.

Bear in mind that with taking drugs or meds you are just fooling your mind about your TRUE balance between your body and mind. That is why things RE-APPEAR when you stop taking them as you have not progressed in your path, only delayed it by fooling your mind. Again, not saying you should stop taking your meds, just saying you should try out these things and in at minimum 6 months regulary doing them you should review your progress and then consider about talking to your doctor if things get drastically better.

Whether or not you will decide to try this out, it is, as ALWAYS, up to you. Still I`m pretty sure this can help anyone...

a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Mary Jane helps creativity
It`s funny but really does. Though again, as everything should not become a habit. In fact it should be used as in ceremonies by old indians, not everyday`s luxury item. Only thing you should know...it enhances your current feeling. So if you are having a bad day, don`t do it. Do it when you feel good, after having really good productive day. Also don`t take too much or too strong stuff, never mix with other drugs, alco and meds. Or, in fact, don`t do it at all as I don`t want to be a bad guy. Just sharing stuff...I mean experinces

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
They turn off your intuition like flipping a switch

evil drugs...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Why not just drink Green tea , L-theanine in it helps calming.

I recommend matcha green tea powder too.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Your energy might still be there, however, you are no longer able to perceive it due to the medication.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join