It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper Rifles?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
AKs jamming? must be crappy Romanian AKs, atleast they dont get fouled up like the AR-15 does...the .223cal round sucks for anything else but plinking and self-defense...maybe some medium game...

Well I never stated it was not possible did I?

No, I never said you did
just letting you know it's possible and it was done before

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
first off, for all those screaming ban the fun stuff, how often do you hear of a guy going to the local gun store, legally purchasing an assault rifle, then running to the local bank and robbing it? most if not all weapons used in crimes are acquired illegally, so even if you ban it, it will still be used by criminals. last i heard, there are still gun crimes in england, and they are banned there, so, hmmm, the ban didnt work did it?

second, a bad ak? my guess is more likely youre getting crap ammo, the ak is designed to be loose, and decrease the likelihood of a jam. the m16 and its variants are tightly designed, a grain of sand can jam one. throw both weapons down in the dirt, kick them around some, then fire them, see which one jams, or is even easy to load after the abuse. both are good, and both have flaws, i feel confident with either in my hand, but then i take care of my weapons and keep the dust cover closed....

third and finally, most military sniper rifles are hunting rifles. you can buy the same thing they use at the local gun store, the difference for the most part is price and stocks. you can get the same scopes they use, fire the same rounds, get the same heavy barrels, and even get a suppressor, so on and so forth. There are obviously specialty sniper rifles, such as the PSG, and the J.A.R. but you can still get those if you have the coin.

ok, my bad, one more thing, i find it hilarious that even during the ban, i can go buy a full auto, and find high capacity magazines for that weapon, but i cant put a bayonet on it because of the ban.

<< 1  2   >>

join