It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hebrew transcript of Obama and Netanyahu’s phone call!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hebrew transcript of Obama and Netanyahu’s phone call
Israel’s Channel 1 publishes a Hebrew transcript of a portion of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Barack Obama’s telephone conversation Sunday, in which Obama is insistent that Israel unilaterally halt all military activities in the Gaza Strip.

The following is an English translation of the Hebrew account of the talk given in the report:

Barack Obama: I demand that Israel agrees to an immediate, unilateral ceasefire and halt all offensive activities, in particular airstrikes.

Benjamin Netanyahu: And what will Israel receive in exchange for a ceasefire?

BO: I believe that Hamas will cease its rocket fire — silence will be met with silence.

BN: Hamas broke all five previous ceasefires. It’s a terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of Israel.

BO: I repeat and expect Israel to stop all its military activities unilaterally. The pictures of destruction in Gaza distance the world from Israel’s position.

BN: Kerry’s proposal was completely unrealistic and gives Hamas military and diplomatic advantages.

BO: Within a week of the end of Israel’s military activities, Qatar and Turkey will begin negotiations with Hamas based on the 2012 understandings, including Israel’s commitment to removing the siege and restrictions on Gaza.

BN: Qatar and Turkey are the biggest supporters of Hamas. It’s impossible to rely on them to be fair mediators.

BO: I trust Qatar and Turkey. Israel is not in the position that it can choose its mediators.

BN: I protest because Hamas can continue to launch rockets and use tunnels for terror attacks –

BO: (interrupting Netanyahu) The ball’s in Israel’s court, and it must end all its military activities.

www.timesofisrael.com...-entry-1038715

This is the change that America wanted it seems. They wanted healthcare, they got it, they wanted lean on immigration... there you have it. It was called to be more strict with Israel and stop the blind following... and it appears, here it is.

Honestly. I'm not surprised this is Obama's position... but I'm not liking it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Both sides deny this but it sounds like BOs attitude to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
IF this is a real transcript, it wouldn't surprise me. Obama lives in a far away world of fantasy at this point, surrounded by sycophants and ideological zealots.
Israel will defend itself, the US will do nothing to stop it or help it, and the world will continue to spiral, partially due to the ineptitude of the current administration (Not that the bellicosity of the previous admin helped either, but it is a lot better than being perceived as weak). ISIS will continue to push for Baghdad. Iran will continue to try and control events in Iraq and pursue nuclear capability.

Europe will continue to trade with Russia. Ukraine will continue to quell its rebels. Russia will continue to help the rebels. China and Russia will further economic alliance against the US and the EU. China will continue to pursue hegemony in east Asia and the Pacific.

In response, Obama will attend a fundraiser and insinuate that anyone who dares question him is a racist. Then he might do something else completely at odds with U.S. interests. Or He'll probably just have a gourmet dinner with some Hollywood celebrities.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If that transcript is accurate.. then there is finally something I can say Obama did right. It's about time someone took a tough stance against this nonsense. Oh.. I know... Hamas Hamas Hamas...

Why did a senior member of Israel call Kerry's proposal a "terrorist attack against Israel"? This is the sick minds at work over there.

Good for Obama on this one.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Obama attempting to negotiate peace with his Buddies?

Somehow I just Don't believe the transcript.

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Nah. I know he wants this nightmare to end, as do we all, but I can't imagine him beginning a conversation with the words

"I Demand".

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I can't imagine that being a real transcript.

The tone is to demanding.

If it is real though,
this actually makes me like Obama just a wee bit more....

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
I can't imagine that being a real transcript.

The tone is to demanding.

If it is real though,
this actually makes me like Obama just a wee bit more....

Although I'm a little surprised by the tone myself, it's no secret there's no love lost between the two. That said, given the source and no other source (so far) I'd say its propaganda intended for domestic purposes. Elections and all that, Netty has to look good to his power base standing up to America and besmirching Turkey and Qatar. Win, win for him.....politics wrapped in a bow of death.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is a hoax:

Both the White House and Israel came out on Tuesday saying that a purportedly leaked transcript of a conversation between President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is fake.

The transcript claimed to show a phone call in which Obama demanded that Israel agree to a unilateral ceasefire in its war in Gaza. It was reported on Tuesday by Channel 1 News in Israel.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
This is a hoax:

Both the White House and Israel came out on Tuesday saying that a purportedly leaked transcript of a conversation between President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is fake.

The transcript claimed to show a phone call in which Obama demanded that Israel agree to a unilateral ceasefire in its war in Gaza. It was reported on Tuesday by Channel 1 News in Israel.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

As always, good job!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Does anyone else get the sense that this is completely scripted?

I don't buy for a second that it is genuine.

I like what Obama had to say, but I question whether or not he had the balls to say it to a man like Netanyahu.

ETA: Thanks Daas!
edit on 7/29/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Does anyone else get the sense that this is completely scripted?

I don't buy for a second that it is genuine.

I like what Obama had to say, but I question whether or not he had the balls to say it to a man like Netanyahu.

ETA: Thanks Daas!

Yeah no kidding, if he did, I'd wager you'd start getting hotspot readings in and around Israeli embassy buildings within the US.

edit on 29-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Agreed.

The real question is: Is this proof of Israeli propaganda?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Thanks!

And to Sheepslayer:

No problem!

edit on 29-7-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Good job!

Saved me from having to skew my already politically skewed view of things.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Agreed.

The real question is: Is this proof of Israeli propaganda?

Well once a story is put out regardless of a retraction still has the net effect of at least diluting a margin of ignorant voters. Besides people still think Saddam had nuclear & chemical weapons whilst being responsible for 911. I still hear it from people today, I don't even bother to correct them anymore. In fact, I might also suggest to them he was also responsible for the JFK assassination. You could tell some people Saddam was responsible for the Boston bombing and they'll believe it. Never mind he's 6 feet under.

Even if it wasn't an official unofficial release, it still serves a purpose.
edit on 29-7-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Obama & Peace..
Yea it's BS alright!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

See, even Obama gets it.

Not at all surprised Netanyahhhhoooooo! refuses to halt the one sided war on Gaza. He loves war, not peace. Like Hamas, he wants to see the violence and hate continue.

I see this is a hoax? Damn, and for a second I almost admired Obama...
edit on 29-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Has anyone seen if Obama's rating have improved since the transcripts gone public? It would be interesting to compare the before and after ratings? I'm leaning more towards scripted.

found one from Gallup. (not sure if Gallup is ATS worthy, just clicked on the first one) Gallup Obama rating
edit on 29-7-2014 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2014 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm sure that if this transcript were real that BarryO would get JFK'd and the shooter would be found quick with most probably Iranian passport.
Then JoeyB would get a private meeting with a diplomat from israel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join