It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Living with American Doctor Who Contracted Ebola Return to the States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

If a post is made be for the change it holds the change, due to the form using a word script system and not a link based system.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I removed the script. All of it. a reply to: ObjectZero

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I guess I was already in the middle of replying to you be for you had done so.

With that aside here is the CDC info on Ebola as well. Figure shine a little light on the virus.

CDC on Ebola

I was wrong it turns out there are five version of the virus not four as I've stated be for, sorry for the mix up.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
Didn't someone post earlier that 22 nurses were infected at John F. Kennedy Hospital? If that is the case then it is already in the states and it is only a matter of time.

Yeah when I was reading a report earlier I was like whoa 'JFK Hospital' what? Its got to the US? But then I thought na, there must be a facility in Liberia named JFK and I was right.

Why is there a Hospital/Facility Named 'JFK' in Liberia?

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: Diabolical
Didn't someone post earlier that 22 nurses were infected at John F. Kennedy Hospital? If that is the case then it is already in the states and it is only a matter of time.

Yeah when I was reading a report earlier I was like whoa 'JFK Hospital' what? Its got to the US? But then I thought na, there must be a facility in Liberia named JFK and I was right.

Because Liberia was founded as a dumping ground for "freed slaves", from the US. Liberia has close ties to the US because of this and much of its survival is due to the US providing them some aid.

I would assume much of the public infrastructure is named after Americans due to this.

Liberia - Wikipedia
edit on thpamMon, 28 Jul 2014 10:40:11 -0500k1407America/Chicago2840 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I asked myself the same question. lol

Looks like sparky answered that question for us. Thanks Sparky.
edit on 28-7-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Liberia is a creation of the United States. That is not a figurative statement but a literal one. The US was behind the creation of Liberia as a place to repatriate blacks from the Americas who had arrived in slavery. I'm not surprised it has institutions and other close cultural ties to America.

Founding of Liberia, 1847

The founding of Liberia in the early 1800s was motivated by the domestic politics of slavery and race in the United States as well as by U.S. foreign policy interests. In 1816, a group of white Americans founded the American Colonization Society (ACS) to deal with the “problem” of the growing number of free blacks in the United States by resettling them in Africa. The resulting state of Liberia would become the second (after Haiti) black republic in the world at that time.
Source

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I'm not sure about that. Our local news is reporting that the family lives here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Church they keep showing is in my response area. I'll be sure to report any sick calls with bleeding eye's we make. Ebola has always sent chills down my spine. It reminds me of Stephan Kings "The Stand", my personal favorite. Captain trips has been set free, which started in Texas in the book!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
probably should check the county fairs down there. Maybe they have opened a Kissing Booth to help with expenses. nothing would surprise me

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.nbcdfw.com...

Shows Dr. Brantly with his family and describes who he is, as well as the story.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Excellent book. Great Author.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I can only hope that this doesn't get out of hand...only time will tell I suppose.

originally posted by: jhn7537
I really don't want to bug out, but if this thing starts spreading I'm out of here like a boner in sweat pants...

Hahahahahahahaha! I almost choked on my water when I read that!

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I'm sure they were tested.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Unless he and his wife still have an extremely active sex life.

But like i said.. they were no doubt tested before they came home and are fine.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
this is TERRIFYING. And Indiana AGAIN???? I live there in Princeton. Few months ago someone flew home to Indiana with some scary odd sickness from Africa. can't remember if it was that chicken disease or another thing. Chikengunya? Now maybe Ebola. WHO hates Indiana so much? seriously I'm shaking I'm so terrified. ready to cry.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies to my question up above. I guess I could have checked out on the net myself but was too lazy to do so.

Anyways, I hope that none of this Docs family contracted it and carried it on the plane.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
this is TERRIFYING. And Indiana AGAIN???? I live there in Princeton. Few months ago someone flew home to Indiana with some scary odd sickness from Africa. can't remember if it was that chicken disease or another thing. Chikengunya? Now maybe Ebola. WHO hates Indiana so much? seriously I'm shaking I'm so terrified. ready to cry.

Ebola is not an airborne virus though, like the Chikungunya (edit, chikungunya is spread by mosquitoes but you get my point) Ebola needs 'prolonged' contact to spread through sweat, blood or saliva so don't worry so much. There have been cases of people travelling on planes and no-one else was infected.

Also just because the article doesn't mention it, doesn't mean the family haven't been traced , tested or quarantined.
edit on 28-7-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Dallas TXa reply to: sarra1833

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in the UK

2nd line.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join