It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Civil war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Believe it or not, this country is very divided at the moment. North and South have a huge difference between them, South is seen as rich and North is seen poor. The gap is getting bigger. Also there are other matters which are creating division in this country. But anyways, the next general election...nobody in this country really trusts Blair anymore and how would the country react if he was re-elected? would we see a huge uproar, which could lead to a possible civil war or would we be like "oh well..."

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
would we see a huge uproar, which could lead to a possible civil war or would we be like "oh well..."

To be honest the UK is too apathetic and lazy to ever start a civil war, sadly we just don't care what happens anymore, yes we'll complain now and again but nobody will ever do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
while i can't see a civil war based on the re-election of Blair or because of the north/south divide, i could perhaps see one esculating depending on how the European Union evolves.

i have a book by Coleman, who is anti-Europe, and he stated that an area including the British Isles could be renamed to the North German Plain. while i'm sure this would never happen, i can imagine it wouldn't go down too well if it did.

also i don't really believe in the north/south divide hype. i live in the midlands but attend university in the south, and all i have noticed is ignorant claims from pretentious people systematically mocking the north.

EDIT: for the love of editing!

[edit on 3/12/04 by BLUELol]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
To be honest the UK is too apathetic and lazy to ever start a civil war, sadly we just don't care what happens anymore, yes we'll complain now and again but nobody will ever do anything about it.

Well, we are not too lazy seeings millions did protest against the Iraq war
but when it comes to something as major as a civil war, i really dont know if the country would take action.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
hmm... lets say a civil war did errupt, how on earth would we fight each other? i for one have never even seen a real gun, let alone shoot someone with it.

whoever the armed forces and police side with (allegiance to the Queen or government depending on the situation) is going to win. period.

maybe it would be more of a civil strife than war, with sticks and stones, and the occasional fisticuffs.

[edit on 3/12/04 by BLUELol]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLUELol
hmm... lets say a civil war did errupt, how on earth would we fight each other? i for one have never even seen a real gun, let along shoot someone with it.

whoever the armed forces and police side with (allegiance to the Queen or government depending on the situation) is going to win. period.

maybe it would be more of a civil strife than war, with sticks and stones, and the occasional fisticuffs.

Well, i dont know if it would be a voilent take over though. I cant really see UK citzens turning this country into a bloodbath, lets keep this as a peaceful civil war..without the bloodshed.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Believe it or not, this country is very divided at the moment. North and South have a huge difference between them, South is seen as rich and North is seen poor. The gap is getting bigger.

- That is only kind of true.

There are many areas of great affluence 'up north'; it's not all grim, anymore.

Also there are other matters which are creating division in this country. But anyways, the next general election...nobody in this country really trusts Blair anymore and how would the country react if he was re-elected? would we see a huge uproar, which could lead to a possible civil war or would we be like "oh well..."

- The "uproar" would be confined to pretty much the same bunch who were/are always in uproar whenever the UK Labour party have the audacity to win a general election.

The vast bulk of the people will shrug, be glad the tories have not returned and hope life does not take a horribly damaging turn for the worst and with a bit of luck continues to get a little bit better year in and year out - certainly the comparison between this Labour gov's record and the previous nearly 20 straight years of tory govs is an excellent one.

The anti-Labour/Blair mob will however to insist that the sky not only is falling in but has already fallen in long ago.

That is what is so sad about the current opposition.

They swing from one laughable extremist assessment of Labour and Blair to the other.

One minute they think they are baiting Labour supporters claiming they are really just pale-blue tories and the next they and he are really marxists just being clever and disguising (or spinning) their extreme left wing policies and duping the people......who continue to ignore this wild-eyed loopy criticism and keep on voting them in.

It really is funny in a way really.

new topics

top topics

join