It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Gaza's Rubble: Rockets and Revenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

WARNING: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

news.vice.com...

On Sunday, the Israeli military carried out the single deadliest offensive in its nearly three-week assault on Gaza, killing as many as 100 Palestinians in the neighborhood of Shejaiya. The operation — which many have called a massacre — has forced most of the remaining residents of Shejaiya to flee their homes and seek refuge in hospitals or UN schools because there is nowhere else for them to escape in the blockaded Gaza Strip.

VICE News was in Gaza to see the aftermath of the bombing of Shejaiya. We visited the central morgue in Gaza City, which holds the bodies of many who were killed. We then went to see the immediate aftermath of the shelling of yet another house in the city, and later saw another shelling site where residents were still trying to uncover family members in the rubble.

A VICE reporter give us an insider look at Gaza and the destruction it suffers from Israeli air strikes.

When Israel strikes they hit more than their intended target, like neighboring homes, and that's because Gaza is a compact area. Sometimes no one is home, sometimes someone is home.

Hamas is disgusting. They incite violence that kills their own people, men, woman, and children.

Israel, the Right Wing in charge of it, is disgusting. Allowing themselves to be baited into killing over a thousand Palestinians, and counting, who are mostly civilians (74% and rising) and displacing over a hundred thousand.

Hamas is a virus that is sucking the life out of its host. It's intention is to Martyr it's own people. This only the beginning for Gaza, and possibly the West Bank, round two if you will, Israel has shown that it will kill anyone and everyone in the name of national security. Israel intentionally targets civilian public facilities (like hospitals) and homes causing massive civilian deaths and property destruction. Their get out of jail free card is that they provide a warning before they strike. But is every strike coupled with a warning? It's 2am and you'd better wake up because hell fire is coming! Little time is given if a warning is issued and when the smoke clears all you'll have left is rubble, if you're lucky.

I supposes the Right Wing Israeli gov't's plan is to demoralize the Palestinians so much by blowing up their homes, communities, and loved ones that they'll remove Hamas themselves. Unfortunately it seems to only strengthen their cause.

So when Hamas intentionally targets civilians and civilian facilities it's terrorism, right? Is Israel not held to the same standard? Hamas wishes it had Israel's civilian kill count.

edit on 26-7-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
More pro-Hamas propaganda...
Only showing pictures of woman and kids getting hurt
Because Hamas is firing its rockets on top of civilian buildings, hospitals, schools and playgrounds
Hamas is fighting like a true coward and must be stopped once and for all
No one buys this media propaganda

No to terror
No to Hamas
Hamas started this
Israel will finish it

Watch this:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The VICE reporter and his camera crew are not Hamas propaganda.

So you're saying all the destruction we've seen in the video above was caused by Hamas' rockets, not Israeli strikes?

I see no need to carry on with you and your arguments.

Agree to completely disagree.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

There's nothing there. Literally nothing.
I watched this on the news earlier. It's sad to see, whoever is responsible.

edit on 26-7-2014 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

You saw this footage on the news earlier? Which outlet?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So you're saying all the destruction we've seen in the video above was caused by Hamas' rockets, not Israeli strikes?

No I am not saying that..

The video is showing casualties of war, casualties that could have been avoided if Hamas did not use hospitals, schools and playgrounds as there launchpad for rockets.

As I said cowards..

And it is beyond my belief why you would support a terrorist group.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

That video makes this one come to mind. There is 3 parts part 2 and 3 are in the description of this video.

Caught like a trapped rat

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills The reporter IS Biased, even if not Hamas "propaganda", It's still the same area code. As is your thread.

One "hospital" was hit AFTER it was verified zero "Palestinians" inside, zero patients or staff...JUST Hamas. (Google it.)

If one has three brains cells hooked together, one knows that the reason Hamas uses hospitals/schools, children and "civilians" as shields is Israel is reluctant to fire on them. Kind of obvious.

This is a sad state of affairs but more and more this looks to be the only course left to them.

Even the U.N. Secretary General expressed his "outrage" and condemnation of Hamas for using U.N. facilities for missile storage. To get them to say ANYTHING in support of Israel is, IMO, the icing on the cake that Israel has no alternative other than eradication Hamas once and for all.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The reporter is biased? Why, because he's reporting what's happening in Gaza?

You're biased.

Look it up you say?

Gaza conflict: Five dead at hospital hit by Israeli strike

Gaza Hospital Attack Caught Civilians in Crossfire

Another Gaza Hospital Hit by Israeli Strike; Four Dead, 40 Hurt

As civilian casualties rise in Gaza, UN Rights Council agrees probe into alleged ‘war crimes’

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This thread is disgusting.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Look people be fair
BOTH HAMAS AND THE ISRAELI governments are evil

One is as bad as the other.

The people who are on the Palestinian side need to CONDEMN HAMAS IN THE SAME BREATH THEY CONDEMN ISRAEL

Then and only then will we get somewhere.

proverb:

Whoever incites the lion to strike the family is as guilty as the Lion!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Five dead. Hmm, doesn't say who. Hamas?

Civilians killed in cross-fire? I'm a bit tired of that label, Hamas are civilians...all insurgents are.

OK. I will withdraw the bias comment. You've taken a side and so have I. The hospital I refer to was flattened and had secondary explosions from the weapons stored there.It's In the video.

My "last straw" was the rockets fired at the Israeli nuclear plant in Tel Aviv. They were intercepted, thankfully, but the missile defense system is only 90% effective. If one of those rockets had made it or one in the future, well, what your seeing in Gaza is nothing compared to what the Israelis would do in response.

This is the only way I can see this ended.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

I agree death and destruction, especially innocent life is disgusting but is that what you mean?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Really? I mean, the links are right there as well as multiple sources. They say who did it in every one of them, but continue to ignore those facts.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

There was a story on BBC news about it at ten p.m

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I absolutely agree. The argument is often made that Israel wants peace but is a blockade peaceful or illegal settlements? Or are these actions by the Right Wing Israeli gov't to continue to incite Hamas giving them the perfect excuse to fire more rockets?

Why even bother giving Hamas a reason when Hamas will fire rockets anyway, albeit in smaller numbers I imagine.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Even if you have a just cause you don’t subject your people to being slaughtered.

That’s not leadership that’s madness.

Its just ridiculous and immoral. And then they, HAMAS, hide behind their oppression to justify their own stupid actions that seem to be not working anyway.

So as a methodology of action, their method is only bringing destruction on their own people.

And what’s behind their philosophy but pride…religious pride.

Sure the Israeli government is wicked.

That doesn’t mean you utilize stupidity and not wisdom and right methodology

In fact one needs more wisdom fighting evil than merely hurling oneself to death at the enemy

HAMAS has no right in subjecting their people to this kind of death.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I, for one, do not buy into "links" that are not objective, balanced...I guess that doesn't leave many, does it?

No mention by those reporters or the media to any degree worthy of note about those missile strikes and the potential consequences of that escalation. Nor by you. Not the missiles, the use of hospitals or schools to hide those missiles. Just Israel's "revenge".

That is bias, that is a lie. It is written by you on your thread. This issue is Israel's survival.

This war ceases the minute Hamas leaves Israel alone and acknowledges their right to exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Hamas has no right, unless their people allow it. The hate and violence runs too deep and I fear Hamas will continue to be allowed to martyr their people and Israel will be more than happy to oblige. There will never be peace, there will always be reasons to blame both sides for causing death and destruction. The cycle of hate will continue and I have no idea what can possibly break it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Really? You don't "buy" into the links, the sources? All outlets report the same thing, even the UN.

Ignorance is bliss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join