It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My poor Rosco

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well I just spent a little over 2hrs at the emergency vet. I got home around 1:30 or so.

My furry boy had been acting weird since I got back from the music store around 11am. He was fine before we left. I also noticed he had not peed since the night before and he always pees overnight on his pads. I keep pee pee pads in the spare bathroom because his allergy meds make him urinate more. I noticed he had also vomited a few times and was literally all over me and under my feet. He only gets like that when he doesn't feel good. So I monitored him throughout the day and he never ate or drank a thing. I started to watch his behavior like he was trying to pee and it was hurting him. He would go in a corner and arch his back and shake. I tried to get him to drink water but he wouldn't so I rubbed ice on his lips and just comforted him. Well then he started moaning and crying which he never does. It was then I knew in my gut he needed help.

It took me over 30mins to find an emergency vet! They were 25 mins away but I didn't care. I woke my son up at 10:30pm and packed them both up and went to the vet.

They did x rays and other tests turns out he has a bad UTI with blood in his urine.
no idea how that happened but they did say urinary issues are common in Pekingese which is what he is half of. They sent me home with meds for him and told me to follow up with my vet who they will send the information to. I know our vet will call too. I saw one of the girls from our vets office there so it was nice to see a familiar face esp for Rosco. They relieved his bladder and gave him fluids and took x rays. He seems ok right now, just resting.

It was so scary how fast he went downhill. I mean he couldn't tell me but my gut instincts told me he was not right. I'm always right with my instincts and my husband just thinks Rosco is playing me for attention but I know better. He's my boy and I know when something isn't right, I don't know what I would do if something happened to him. He's my furry boy and my sons best friend, I'm glad we got it figured out. They did say that if it continues and the meds don't help they'll test his kidney function. I just hope they work and it's nothing very serious. I would do anything for that dog!

Here he is now. He's like a sick kid who wants his mommy, I don't mind at all. Today my son was bugging him and I told him no he doesn't feel good so we hug Rosco and it was so sweet what he did next. He took his blanket and put his arm around him and just snuggled him and chilled. It was so sweet. It's like he knew too!

edit on 7/26/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Add picture

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Now.

Nothing else to eat other than this ... ever!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Yea they mentioned a special diet which I will discuss with our vet Monday. He is on Earthborn Holistic Costal Catch right now. He has major food allergies so we have to make sure it's ok for him to eat.

He does get table food but it's always veggies or beef which the vet says is fine. Now my son loves to sneak his snacks to the dog and that is just bad ESP when it's something he can't have. So no I separate them when he eats otherwise is just insane!

Thank you. I will write this down and mention it to the vet.
edit on 7/26/2014 by mblahnikluver because: BEEF omg autocorrect. I don't feed my dog beer let alone myself. Had to fix that autocorrect error, omg.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Hi! Glad he was seen and is feeling better after the visit to the vet. I went through a similar episode with our cat and it was so painful to watch and hear him moan. Wishing all the best for Rosco. Never dismiss your intuition. Without knowing what exactly, we do pic up subtle signals that not all is as it should be.

Cute picture!
edit on 26-7-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I hope Rosco gets better. I will say a prayer and then send some non denominational positive energy his way. Do not know what you believe so I will cover all the bases.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Hi! Glad he was seen and is feeling better after the visit to the vet. I went through a similar episode with our cat and it was so painful to watch and hear him moan. Wishing all the best for Rosco. Never dismiss your intuition. Without knowing what exactly, we do pic up subtle signals that not all is as it should be.

Awe poor kitty!

I remember back in about 2007 on Christmas my sisters cat had this issues and had crystals in his urine. Her bf spent Christmas at an emergency vet that cost $1200 bucks! It was Christmas and all so the cost was insane. Her cat is in a special diet now because of that issue.

Thank you for your reply! Yes intuition is there for a reason and mine can be creepy at times.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
I hope Rosco gets better. I will say a prayer and then send some non denominational positive energy his way. Do not know what you believe so I will cover all the bases.

Awe why thank you very much. It's definitely appreciated.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

First, i hope rosco recovers and gets to feeling better. I have enjoyed you sharing about him since you got him. His underbite is so damned cute!

Second, any time you post about him you have to include a picture.
Just in case you post about him more in the future.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I hope your boy is feeling better. We went through this twice with one of our three kitties. We don't have her on special diet. We just switched her off the food we had put her on and back to what she had been on for years without developing problems.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Rosco, get better soon Sweetie!!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

First, i hope rosco recovers and gets to feeling better. I have enjoyed you sharing about him since you got him. His underbite is so damned cute!

Thank you and I'm glad you like his underbite
It's what got me when I saw his pics in the ad!

I was in tears when I called the vet last night. I was so worried about him. Today though he is much better!! He has peed on his own, eaten his food from yesterday and drank a bowl of water. I have also found him on the bed playing with his flea toy. So he is definitely feeling better. I even got him to take his meds, which of course were shoved in meatloaf lol

Second, any time you post about him you have to include a picture.
Just in case you post about him more in the future.

Always!!

Funny thing is they asked if it was ok to take Rosco's picture last night and put it on the vet sites Facebook. They thought he was so cute too. I told them no problem, heck he has his own Facebook page anyway!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

good for you for being a diligent owner. I'm so glad he's better now. I wish a lot more people would be that in tune with their pets. It can save their lives like you just did.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

he was what kept me sane. He was by my side day and night and slept on my belly. I'm not religious or anything but I feel he was sent to me, like we were meant to have him. He is spoiled some would say but IMO he is treated like family. He has cost us a pretty penny since we got him but many of his issues are finally under control. He's a good boy and I want him happy and healthy.

edit on 7/26/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/26/2014 by mblahnikluver because: Fix quotes

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: Dimithae

he was what kept me sane. He was by my side day and night and slept on my belly. I'm not religious or anything but I feel he was sent to me, like we were meant to have him. He is spoiled some would say but IMO he is treated like family. He has cost us a pretty penny since we got him but many of his issues are finally under control. He's a good boy and I want him happy and healthy.

Well there was more to the reply and sorry it's not here. A mod accidentally deleted it and quite honestly that makes me laugh. At first I was like what the heck happened to my post WHY did they take the first half out? LOL Then they messaged me and apologized. Too funny but in short yes I"m very in tune with Rosco. I swear I can read his face and know what he wants just by looking at him, like right now he wants to play. lol

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I hope your boy is feeling better. We went through this twice with one of our three kitties. We don't have her on special diet. We just switched her off the food we had put her on and back to what she had been on for years without developing problems.

Thank you! He is feeling much better. yea I will be talking to our vet on Monday about food and if he wants him on a special food diet for healthier urinary tract since it is a common issue with the Pekingese in him.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Rosco, get better soon Sweetie!!

Thank you NS and he is feeling so much better!!

This was last night after we got home.

And this was today lol

He always goes right for my bed with his treats. I just love crumbs when I get into bed!

He was playful today and back to his normal self begging for food from Liam and licking the floor after any meal. I had to get some roast beef to sneak him his meds because he can't really have things like cheese and peanut butter doesn't work anymore. He found a pill once and won't touch it now. Roast beef works great. The trick I finally realized is to give him the pill laced piece first then immediately offer him another piece because he will swallow the pill laced piece to get the new piece. LOL My god it took almost two years to out smart him and there is still a chance he will figure it out!

edit on 7/26/2014 by mblahnikluver because: word crimes

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I had to stop reading after you listed symptoms that my babies are going through.
I am gonna change food, cause their sypmtoms started after I switched.

Loving thoughts to Roscoe and Mom!! Holy crud,,,,he i sooo cute!!!!

Thanks for the pics and thoughts to you and yours!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Man, when I started reading the OP...my first thought was a UTI....made me remember when I used to get them....poor guy....I truly feel his pain.

Glad is doing better, and hopefully it's nothing more serious.

And, what a sweet guy he is

Really adorable!!

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Man, when I started reading the OP...my first thought was a UTI....made me remember when I used to get them....poor guy....I truly feel his pain.

Glad is doing better, and hopefully it's nothing more serious.

And, what a sweet guy he is

Really adorable!!

Thank you

Yea I was thinking UTI as well esp because I got them while pregnant and never had them before and still have issues. I have to see a urologist myself!

He is back to himself now but he did do something weird that I realized has happened before. He gets really excited over other dogs when we go for a walk. Well our neighbors dog was out and Rosco was SO excited I mean to the point I've never seen before. He has never met the neighbors dog, a big chocolate lab. Well Rosco was going nuts, his tail was wagging so much I thought he would fly away lol. My son was pitching a fit because he wanted to pet the dogs and it was like a circus! Well Rosco all of a sudden stopped getting excited and wouldn't move. He curled up and his back right leg was shaking and he was just kind of stiff. I picked him up and my son up and carried them up stairs. Rosco would not walk or move. He was shaking in the back. He has done this three times while getting over excited with other dogs. NO idea what it is but with what happened Friday it made me worried. SO I put him in the tub and ran cold water on him to cool him down, he was hot and panting a lot. He then drank a ton of water and was fine in about 5mins. When I talk to his vet I will let him know this as well esp now that i am seeing a pattern. I want him fully checked out including his heart and kidneys.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

He seems ok right now, just resting.

Phhhhhew, I was hoping to read this and not something else as I got to this a little relief was felt in me for you and yours.

It was so scary how fast he went downhill.

Yeah they wont really show symptoms or pain until it gets really noticeable to an untrained eye.

I am so glad you listened to your instincts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join