It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAS and OIL: The real reasons of the Israel-Gaza War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The Levantine Basin is the largest reservoir of Oil and Gas in the world (after the Siberian basin) and is located in the waters of the East Mediterranean. It consists of several fields that cover the eastern Mediterranean Sea from the Nile delta to Greece and everyone is trying to take over the largest possible slice...
The field is located in the sea shared by Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Israel, Syria, Lebanon and Palestine with its Gaza Strip (MARI-B Field) can also advance exploitation rights.

This discovery promises to Israel energy independence for the next hundreds years and is about to make a detonator in a series of latent conflicts which first surfaced periodically and is now likely to increase in intensity and become permanent.

It all began in 2009 with the discovery of a deposit, called TAMAR by Noble Energy, Texan partner of Israel in underwater research. The discovery is located approximately 80 km west of Haifa.

With its 238 billion cubic meters of natural gas, of excellent quality, energy TAMAR change the perspective of Israel who until that moment had a skimpy estimates of reserves in three years by a treacherous supply pipeline (40% of requirements) that the Egyptian 'Egyptian authority of Petroleum has just canceled order accusing the parties of corruption and anomalous downward prices.
The discovery - always the Noble Energy - the next year of the new field LEVIATHAN (135 km west of Haifa and 5 km deep) en.wikipedia.org... which has reduced TAMAR in a puddle, has greatly complicated the problem (just before the Israeli-Lebanese) involving all the countries bordering the eastern Mediterranean and perhaps up to Puglia in Ionian Sea in Italy.
The oil and gas resources of the Levant Basin are estimated at 1.68 billion barrels of oil and 3.45 trillion cubic meters of gas. "
In addition, on the basis of studies and drilling, the USGS has estimated "the undiscovered reserves the Nile Basin in terms of oil and gas, to 1.76 billion barrels of oil and 6.85 trillion cubic meters of natural gas."
The total reserves of the Eastern Mediterranean in total would amount to 9.7 trillion cubic meters of gas and 3.4 billion barrels.

Sources:
www.naturalgaseurope.com...
pangealng.nl...
www.voltairenet.org...
www.sfakia-crete.com...,7031
www.courrierinternational.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
They could tap the oil/gas underneath Gaza with rigs in the sea or within their own borders. No need to waste their time driving off Gaza residents.

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now, my straw reaches acroooooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake!

Israel's war on Gaza and Hamas is about religion and taking territory for other reasons.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Israel's war on Gaza and Hamas is about religion and taking territory for other reasons.

NOT about religion...

YES about other reasons: Territory, Water, Oil and Gas...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
They could tap the oil/gas underneath Gaza with rigs in the sea or within their own borders. No need to waste their time driving off Gaza residents.

Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now, my straw reaches acroooooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake!

Maybe in your restricted neighborhood this could work, but not on Drills in Exclusive Economic Zone.

An Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) gives a state special mineral rights in its declared waters under the Third United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), which came into force in November 1994. Under UNCLOS III, a nation can claim an EEZ of 200 nautical miles from its coastline.

No. You are not aware on how the International Laws works.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
huh, this is really interesting. wars always come down to resources and land, even if there's a religious or national cover story to justify the conflict. i'm looking forward to digging into your sources more thoroupatedly, but i noticed this right off the bat from the wiki entry for the leviathan field:

Lebanon initially argued that the field extends into Lebanese waters. Lebanon’s Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri stated that Israel is “ignoring the fact that according to the maps the deposit extends into Lebanese waters,” Agence France-Presse reported on June 9.[14] Israeli Minister of National Infrastructures Uzi Landau responded “We will not hesitate to use our force and strength to protect not only the rule of law but the international maritime law,” in an interview. Robbie Sable, a professor of international law at Jerusalem’s Hebrew University, has stated that the claim may be complex due to Lebanon's border with Israel being indented, making it harder to establish where Israel’s sea boundary ends and Lebanese waters begin.[14]

In August 2010, Lebanon submitted to the United Nations its official view regarding the maritime border, indicating that it considered the Tamar and Leviathan gas fields to be outside Lebanese territory (though it indicated other prospective fields in the region may be within Lebanese territory). The US expressed support for the Lebanon proposal.

so the push into gaza is a bid to shore up their sea rights? it'd still put them at loggerheads with lebanon, who as of 2010 had the thumbs up from the u.s. for their claim.

thanks for the fresh perspectavive.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Arken

If that claim was true, and i'm not saying that it's not, the conflict between Israel and Gaza would have been relatively new.

Though it's not, and we have seen the same images unfortunately for decades. This conflict is old as the gas sitting underneath that Mediterranean sea.

Too bad it now gives more things to fight for in the Middle East, Satan's chosen land! hahaha
edit on 26-7-2014 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
That wasnt war .. it was mass murder for profit.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

NOT about religion...

YES about other reasons: Territory, Water, Oil and Gas...

Finally someone says it.

It is *never* about religion. Religion is for the peasants, religion exists to move people in directions the elite desire.
It is always a resource war.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
religion is the excuse,other is the real motive!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
religion is the excuse,other is the real motive!

As usual

Star.

top topics

join