It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania hospital on lockdown amid reports of shooting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Awesome! Good for that doctor! He carries for self defense. Seriously ... that whole area up there in around Darby and Chester, etc etc ... very rough area.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It is pretty unbelievable that this story is not getting much attention. This doc probably saved a lot of lives due to his being armed and aware. Problem is that apparently it was against hospital policy to allow anyone other than a security guard there to have a weapon. Good thing this doc did not follow policy I say.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
Agreed.
Better to be fired for being realistic than to be in a casket because you trusted in the hospital security.
How many others might have been saved because the doc was wise enough to risk his job. I hope they don't fire him.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I know a guy that worked for the coroners office picking up bodies down there. He said he had to pick up a body that was found along the road in garbage bags, the killers cut the body in half so they could fit it in two bags. What a job.
He lived in Ridley Park, but I remember him saying that he did pick up in Upper Darby.
edit on bu312014-07-25T09:05:04-05:0009America/ChicagoFri, 25 Jul 2014 09:05:04 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of our failure as a society to teach the value of life and to teach the concept of consequences. If this man's parents had, I don't know, spanked him as a child, perhaps he might have some idea of punishment for wrongdoing. That may not be his particular situation, but I see this every day. My wife is a teacher, and she's always getting emails/calls from parents who think little jimmy should have a better grade. I see it at the gas station, at Walmart, even at church- the kid throws a fit and acts like a little @sshole, and the parent gives in and lets the kid walk all over them.

"We don't believe in violence"
I wonder how many people who commit these crimes had parents that didnt punish them when they messed up, or who complained to the teachers or the school administration because their wonderful little angel just couldn't possibly get a C-. It sickens me to no end, the way this society coddles the youth of today. When I get more time I will make a rant thread about it, but for now let's just hope the MSM shuts the heck up for 2 minutes about how bad guns are.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Another gun-free zone. Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yup. Was on my FB wall all day people who are even against guns saying they're glad the doctor was carrying. People are starting to see why it's a bad idea to take the guns out of the hands of the innocent only so criminals can have them. Also, that hospital, you're not allowed to bring guns in AT ALL. They even try to tell cops to leave their guns in their cars b/c they can't bring them in. The Cops just laugh at them. If this doctor loses his job over this, that entire staff better walk out for him saving their lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join