It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What tech. do you think will change the world?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The ability to 3D print fully automatic firearms in cheap, widely available, open-source 3D printers. Gun rights an issue in the United States? Try the whole damn world. From my cold, dead hands b!tches.

Who am I kidding? They still won't let law-abiding citizens legally own them. It will just be the criminals who want to kill you, rape your wife, and steal everything you have that actually print them out.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Something creates cheap and plentiful energy without pollution crack that and you crack everything.

Fusion and Antimatter would mean a world of resource surplus. End of capitalism and greed as they will be obsolete. We would have a startrek like world were everyone can have anything.

The universe and all life and processes revolved around Energy. Energy is the limiting factor for everything. Unlimited or at least plentiful Energy would impact everything we do.

The big ones are:
Travel
Space exploitation (not exploration I said exploitation)
3D printing
computing
Food production
Industry.
edit on 26-7-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What we really, really want is one of those robots out of"The day the earth stood still". Not one of mans constructs because whoever built it would skew its protocol to work for them. A robot to monitor all happenings on earth and to inpartially decide who is the wrong doer and punish them accordingly. After a few countries tested it and were punished the world would be a more peaceful place. Other than that, a free energy device for everyone. Yes it would alter the worlds paradigm but it would alter it for the majority of poor not for the benefit of the rich and powerful.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm pretty well sold with BlackLight Power. Looks like it might be another half year of so before we get absolute confirmation that this tech can be effectively utilized and plugged into the grid, but I mean, if this is legit then it's an absolute energy revolution.

120x more efficient power source than coal, which is the cheapest, dirtiest, and most abundant energy player in the world right now.

Bring it!

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Tesla tech could have changed the world more than 100 years ago with radiant energy, but human stupidity prevailed

www.teslauniverse.com...

edit: let's celebrate human stupidity

edit on 26-7-2014 by donhuangenaro because: ...

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree, if the energy crisis were solved then the world would become more utopian. But I fail to see how fusion or antimatter could solve the crisis. Well maybe antimatter. If we could mass produce it and use it for energy it could be harnessed on a small scale, say an automobile. But fusion? Fusion wouldn't take our dependence of oil away. I think we need new car battery technologies to do that. Tesla needs to hurry up and build his factory.
True, if fusion could be done on a small scale like the efforts to use a LENR or a Farnsworth Fusor that achieves ignition... or Andrea Rossi's E-Cat possibly; if it could be done small it could cure our oil dependence.
And it may never help food production. Farmer's don't like fusion powered tractors.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Hydrogen.

If Fusion is cracked the production of Hydrogen from electrolysis of water becomes a "green" option and so do electric cars.

As far as agriculture?

Hydroponics becomes cost effective. Multi level hydroponic buildings can be built saving space in regards to crop fields.

Think long term here. It not fusion itself that the world changers but the gateway to other things.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Check out these self tapping tech screws.

I think they're badass, especially in my trade.
You can just about fasten anything to anything else
temporariily or permanently when welding isn't
specified. They're driven home with the right screw tip
and cordless drill/ screw gun. Google Tech screws and images
for the full range of these handy game changers. They aren't
cheap but worth every penny to a good tradesman.

Excellent thread SnF
edit on Rpm72614v46201400000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Birth rate has to fall way below Death rate worldwide, if we all don't want war to dilute the population of earth, then this is the most logical way to go. it will increase employment obviously. and give a better standard to the lesser populated earth. be less taxing on resources. and we will probably out live our current sell by date on this planet. which can't be that long now.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Without a doubt the number one most important piece of technology in this world will be the quantum computer. A quantum computer smaller than a pencil eracer will be able to crack the incryptions of today's most powerful supercomputers.........all of them.....simultaneously.

-Alien

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Everyone has already mentioned it but a new source of energy is the big one. It eliminates starvation and raises the quality of life. As quality of life goes up birth rates go down which solves the overpopulation issue, it also solves the upcoming water issues by making desalination a possibility. With enough energy electrons can be bounced from one element to another letting us create any resource we want from any other resource.

With a cheap abundant non polluting source of energy Somalia would be more prosperous than the nicest developed nations today, and the transformation would happen almost overnight.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think the new energy source is going to change the world. I've been reading and watching through ll the material on the BlackLight Power website. www.blacklightpower.com It would be nice to see them partake in some independent testing and make that available to the public. Also the E-Cat is going to change heat in housing allowing people to be off the grid even more. Overall the world needs to see a cure of oil dependence and a way to de-centralize energy. Every house should be providing all it's energy it needs. Finally, it will trickle down to farming technologies and distribution networks for all our worldy goods. The question is how freaking long do we have to wait? Or will some other technology beat them to the finish line?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join