It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What tech. do you think will change the world?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I believe technology already changed the world, a log time ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Think of the yin and yang symbol, with each step of progress within it is the capacity for that progress to cause greater regression.

Imagine if a 'portable' unlimited power source became available, great progress yet the regressive aspects that it would empower, would they overwhelm the progressive as nuclear has done, as fossil fuels continue to do?

A software upgrade for the human mind is what I am working on, our present one has a few cliches in it most people aren't even aware of.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: subtopia
Think of the yin and yang symbol, with each step of progress within it is the capacity for that progress to cause greater regression.

Imagine if a 'portable' unlimited power source became available, great progress yet the regressive aspects that it would empower, would they overwhelm the progressive as nuclear has done, as fossil fuels continue to do?

A software upgrade for the human mind is what I am working on, our present one has a few cliches in it most people aren't even aware of.

Ahh! Baron Frankenstein.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Robots slaves that do everything for us.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you can see this abroad, but this guy has the right idea:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lawman27
Do any of you really think that in the present system you would be granted access to any real world changing technology? If a drug company invented a tablet that cured all illnesses and was cheap to buy, what would they do-sell it for a fair price and put themselves out of business, or bury it and keep selling the same old sh** for huge profits?

Neither. They'd patent the wazoo out of it and sell it everywhere at a very high price for huge profits and hire all the newly unemployed salesmen from their competitors.
edit on 24-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

Bioterrorism.

Chemical warfare.

Nuclear weapons.

Whatever will press the Reset button most effectively while preserving as much of the natural environment as possible. And yes, nuclear weapons are one such, because you only need a few to do the job.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Hi Jonjon,

You're right, we are entrenched. That's why I think the change has to be in our attitudes, rather than the tools we use. Will it happen? I don't know-but to quote Dante 'without hope, we live on in desire'.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why good Sir, I do believe it will be the magneto that will change the world. This simple invention allows us to generate the high voltage required to allow for transportable internal combustion engines!.

Imagine a future without the need for smelly horses, and a family can travel up to 50 miles in one day! These horseless carriages are the future I tell you, the informed investor would put his money into Studebaker

The even more informed investor would put their money in Standard Oil. My that charming Prescott Bush is such the entrepreneur.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Now I'm thinking it's going to be something healthcare related. A universal vaccine.
Whatever the world comes up with, it's gonna have to be mass produced, i don't wanna share needles.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug
A technology to get rid of human stupidity

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 1digit

Welcome to Above Top Secret 1digit.

I see that was your first post. I've never taken someone's virginity on ATS before.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A new economic model. (Something much better than the "I've got mine and screw you!" that seems to dominate right now.) But maybe a strong AI would have to be developed first before we get it.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Maybe when Machines can influenced by thoughts, whether hooked up mechanically, or just by a ol' natural brain wave?

Might take a long time for that to work.

Faster then Light tech. would probably be a big game changer tho.
edit on 25-7-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Interstellar capable flying saucer technology...and the propulsion technology that goes along with it.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the "Replicator" from Star Trek. As long as it's free and not so expensive only those that don't need it can afford it

Or maybe the "holodeck", oh the fun I could have there. Uh, educational of course

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Technology? No technology will bring peace, not energy or military.

But yeah Cold Fusion

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow, most of you are missing a HUGE part of the picture, there's no way I could fully explain what I mean by that without starting a new thread (which I am doing). Anyways...

Quantum computing, nano tech, AI's, FLT... Yes, of course every one of these is pretty much guaranteed to change the world BUT the OP's question was "What should I be focused on RIGHT NOW"... and as for the answer to that I only saw ONE poster (pauljs75) even came close when he said a "New economic model", the guy on page one that first mentioned networks was close too.

Like I said there is NO WAY to properly explain why this tech will be "The big One" without a whole thread so for now I strongly encourage people to watch the below videos and tell me if things start clicking...

ENTER ETHEREUM BITCHES!!

Coupled with decentralized internet service like MaidSafe is doing it's really pretty easy to see how and why THIS IS IT.

I can't believe no one mentioned BITCOIN either, which WAS JUST the alpha test BTW, but still lol...

Also thought I should mention that by definition UTOPIA is a place that DOESN'T EXIST... Oh and in a more general but very real way, the tech that will change the world has already been know for a long time... it's called REVOLUTION! Take a few seconds to think about what revolution LITERALLY MEANS... IT IS the RESET button

edit on 25-7-2014 by SuperSeeds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Nuclear weapons will destroy everything. No animals or plants will survive it

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: np6888

Not only would animals survive, we would develop communication technology that allows us to understand dolphins and talk in sign language to chimpanzees and the animals would lead society
That could be the breakthrough that changes the world. Or maybe Dawn of The Planet of the Apes is just a movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join