It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bizarre beach encounter-men in black on holiday?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
As part of my fitness regime, I walk/jog the beachfront while listening to a few podcasts. Sometimes you'll see the odd bit of flotsam or Jetsam nothing that could be considered out of the ordinary, until last Saturday.

As I was making my way back down the shore, I spotted two things: the first being a generic family outing, and the other was two figures, who were slowly spinning on the spot and had a hand held to their ears-clearly they were on the phone. As I got closer that's when things took a turn for the weird.

Both figures- a man and a woman-were wearing identical attire. Both had straw hats, sunglasses, loose fitting pants and sweaters of the same color, and a bag slung over the their shoulders. And on closer inspection they were indeed holding phones to their ear-but they were not talking. Granted I had earphones in at the time and couldn't actually hear the conversation, but there wasn't one to be heard because not once did their lips move.

I slowed my pace and observed-and for the next three minutes before I passed them, their phones were still glued to their ears, their lips still did not move and they still kept spinning in circles. But that time I was more than intrigued so after I passed them I stopped by a rock pool and discreetly observed them some more.

I must watched them for another 3 minutes or so and they did not change their behavior whatsoever. At this time I was inclined to ask permission to take their photo, being camera shy myself I wouldn't want anyone taking a photo of me without my consent, and since these folks appeared to be on the phone I decided to keep moving and glancing over my shoulder every minute or so. And every time I took a glance, there they were-spinning in one spot, phone to the ear. And that's when the generic family outing comes into play-one boy was chasing a ball and nearly collided with the man on the phone, and the man didn't even react: he just went about his business like nothing had ever occurred.

This encounter only lasted about 10-15 minutes, and could've lasted ever longer if I stuck around to observe some more but eventually I got tired of watching and made my way home. But since then I've chastised myself for not taking a photo, or better yet getting video footage. My first logical reaction was that these were marine scientists, performing some kind of observation or surveying. And they didn't appear high- though I couldn't tell from the eyes due to the sunglasses but their movements seemed precise and methodical; not something you'd expect from people who were under the influence. I only likened this pair to the MIB because they reminded me of stories of MIB encounters-same attire, odd behavior, etc.

Has anyone else seen folk acting in this peculiar way? I am hoping there is someone who can provide a mundane explanation.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Seen alot of odd things over the years .. but never anything like that .. keep an eye out maybe you will spot them again ..

Or.. since you posted on ats maybe theyll stop by to visit you ..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Straw hats, were they amish. Im not trying to be smart, Ive seen that amish show and they will wear some weird clothes, talk dutch, dont like cameras, and may have acted weird if they had a phone, since they arent supposed to have electronics

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have no answer. I can say that I have stumbled across some odd people at the beach, myself. Maybe drugs were involved.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sounds like a very odd encounter indeed. Maybe they were there, were going to leave, and were 'in transport' of a sorts, like were supposed to be teleported away and were in a glitch of the transport system. Like in a video game where the character you are in control of just gets 'stuck'. Know what I mean? I know what I'm trying to say, but not sure if it's coming out right...... Syx

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Drugs... promote some odd behaviors in higher primates.

Maybe a new techie form of Tai-Chi?

Or... performance art?

I have no real idea, but I think transient weirdos from time-space infrequently drop by... and just maybe you were "lucky" enough to see one... or two.

I have seen people acting truly odd... and I have been one of those folks... and usually it's an idle attempt to "freak out the squares" to use baby boomer terminology.

Dunno... any odd feelings for you? Time strangeness... silences? Things like that point to truly weird... what you saw could have been run-of-the-mill weird.

Good story, though...

ETA: and I'll go with Syxpack's above idea... best yet!

edit on 7/24/2014 by Baddogma because: left out the a in Tai... if you're really interested

edit on 7/24/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2014 by Baddogma because: Type-o and since I have so many edits already...why not fix it? Maybe I should get tested for OCD.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

So you were the guy who was staring at us, My wife said "This guys is weird, he keeps staring at us, just spin in a circle, maybe he'll go away"

I wish I had taken your photo, or at least a video.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have seen something very similar. There were also people who appeared to be waiting in cars by the shore. Spoke to a friend who lives close to the area and he told me they were gays....awaiting their turn.

I'm not gay bashing so lets not go there.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Spinning? Standing in one spot and simply rotating? Like a kid trying to make themselves dizzy? Or pacing in circles? Maybe they were both trying to contact their ride home. Maybe they had car trouble and one was trying to reach the garage while the other wax contacting someone to pick them up. You could not see their mouths the entire time if they were as you say spinning. You had ear buds in so could certainly not hear them if they spoke. And finally just what sort of reaction do you expect from an adult if a kid bumps into them at a beach? Should he have yelled at the kid? Would that be your reaction if a kid bumped you on the beach. That must happen ten times a day on a crowded beach. Most people would just let that go.
edit on AM000000310000000773007312014-07-24T09:07:52-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Sounds like a very odd encounter indeed. Maybe they were there, were going to leave, and were 'in transport' of a sorts, like were supposed to be teleported away and were in a glitch of the transport system. Like in a video game where the character you are in control of just gets 'stuck'. Know what I mean? I know what I'm trying to say, but not sure if it's coming out right...... Syx

I know exactly what you're trying to say, it did look like a glitch, like these folk were stuck in a repetitive loop like you'd find in a video game. It didn't seem natural, I've seen fire twirlers on the beach and that was art and dance-this was neither, it was just odd.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
bloody art/drama students.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Metal-detectorists looking for watches / jewellery / coins lost in the sand ?
edit on 24-7-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I seem to recall something about Edward Leedskalnin spinning in place to cure his pneumonia. Perhaps they were holding some other device to their heads.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

So you were the guy who was staring at us, My wife said "This guys is weird, he keeps staring at us, just spin in a circle, maybe he'll go away"

I never saw it from their perspective, kudos for the chuckle.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Those werent phones they had. they were scanning devices made to look like phones. the spinning in circles was them getting a scan of the entire area. searching for un authorized aliens in the range of the scan. also they were not naturally occuring humans if you catch my drift. they are most likely hybrids with black eyes hence the glasses all the time.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Sounds pretty plausible.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Slowly spinning on the spot? One of the neat things you can do with a mobile phone is make panoramic pictures by making a video or take a panoramic picture.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Sometimes people do weird stuff to egg othter people on, and then post videos on YouTube. Basically it's a modern take on hidden-camera shows, and just finding what's funny in terms of reactions and human behavior.

Maybe we'll eventually find footage of your reaction to these people acting odd.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Young couple
Matching clothes for couples not that odd
Walking in circles looking at the ground,
She lost her ring, and they weren't exactly walking in circles as much as probably circling the area she though she lost it
No wonder they weren't looking up eyes to the ground it has to be found!
And as far as the phone, probably on hold with different ticket agents for alternate arrangements for the flight home from the now over honeymoon!

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
Young couple
Matching clothes for couples not that odd
Walking in circles looking at the ground,
She lost her ring, and they weren't exactly walking in circles as much as probably circling the area she though she lost it
No wonder they weren't looking up eyes to the ground it has to be found!
And as far as the phone, probably on hold with different ticket agents for alternate arrangements for the flight home from the now over honeymoon!

Swamp gas. Move along, nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join