It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Be Concerned About the Igniting of Our Atmosphere Due to Fukushima?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Conducted as part of the Manhattan Project by the U.S. Army on July 16, 1945, the Trinity Test was the first ever detonation of a nuclear device.

The bomb's initial development was slowed by fears of project scientist Edward Teller who speculated that a fission bomb might ignite the Earth's atmosphere with a self-sustaining fusion reaction of nitrogen nuclei.

The above is from Youtube video entitled "5 Experiments that Could have Destroyed the World" with Youtube I.D. of A9S9gwhS6Yk starting at elapsed time of 1:24.

The video goes on to explain that recalculations were done proving that such an eventuality was highly unlikely, and so the project continued.

Well, that's all well and good for an atom bomb of that day.

Supposedly the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex has spent fuel rods in a precarious state which, if touched together, could set off a chain reaction fission event equal in power to 14,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs.

What will this do to the nitrogen atoms of the atmosphere? Will our atmosphere ignite due to Fukushima as Edward Teller feared during the Manhattan Project decades ago?

Does this mean that planet Earth can be turned into a miniature version of the sun if only momentarily?

Calling all physicists!

P.M.
edit on 23-7-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Changed "nitrogen molecules" to "nitrogen atoms."

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Learn more about nuclear power. You clearly need to understand better, to understand the yes or the no to your question. I advise you to read up on it rather than have someone tell you yes or no.

This is a good starting place for your concerns:

Reactor Grade and Weapons Grade Plutonium In Nuclear Explosives

Google is a great resource - as is MIT's FREE lectures: Nuclear Science and Engineering

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
VOID! TINKER!
u 2 ....
You made me laugh. Lol. :-) way to go A holes..I was eating a cherry tomato! ( reaches for Kleenex )

The others gave good links and insight.

Yes this was a concern way back when... But now.
The damage that was done is done...( I know many here will dispute ).
Yes we will see lingering affects for some time. But what you're asking is a no. Thank god right!

Think of it as parts per million.....hold on I got an incoming phone call long distance
BRB!

edit on 23-7-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
We don't have to worry about Fukushima destroying the planet, we are doing a good enough job without it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
More On Topic, less random proselytizing, Please.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
OK..
Sparkymedic ..you sound medical. And new. Welcome
Thanks for posting the link..

And jbird OK...
Let's start with what we know..
Last Aug. It tapped out at just over 1 trillion Becquerels..what does it mean...
Nucleus decays per minute I DON'T KNOW...

Flash point of uranium....Jesus
More research.

I want to give you a great answer.... but only I have this...
Sleep knowing if it has not happened..it is NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.....

I am going to log out!
I am going to study this more..

I hope a real physicist shows up...

I know the elders went in to clean to protect the young...
The fruits and veggies...look really weird....
But those who survived the flood.... did..

Its been a while..and I smoke...so...
Use a bit of your know how....
No! Will never happen...
Unless its on purpose...

Now excuse me I have nuclear physics to read up on!...

Love it here..forces me to learn something from time to time!

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Jbird

Look..
I would be more on topic if I new nuclear physics!
DO YOU!
Whoa!

No...

The poster has a genuine fear...
Much like I did of a mushroom cloud growing up in Nevada!

So give us a little slack and humor!
Humor goes a long way! When no one has a full understanding of what they fear!
Let's fill it with humor...OK!

Gosh where is destinyone make some sense here!....where are you? I'm trying to read.... you
always brought peace.....

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

Conducted as part of the Manhattan Project by the U.S. Army on July 16, 1945, the Trinity Test was the first ever detonation of a nuclear device.

The bomb's initial development was slowed by fears of project scientist Edward Teller who speculated that a fission bomb might ignite the Earth's atmosphere with a self-sustaining fusion reaction of nitrogen nuclei.

supposedly the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex has spent fuel rods in a precarious state which, if touched together, could set off a chain reaction fission event equal in power to 14,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs.

Equal in toxicity and lethality but not concussive "power".

This Reuters article is a basic explanation of the numbers.

uk.reuters.com...

Another 8.9 earthquake could do it.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is just completely nonsensical and your threads about Fukushima just keep becoming more and more uneducated. Really try researching things instead of making post trying to make the situation at Fukushima worse than it is,(It's already pretty bad) and now you've just taken it to a purely fantastical state. Also I feel as though this is not a genuine fear as poster above stated but a way for attention online. I truly had a genuine fear and interest in Fukushima the day it happened and spent hours upon hours whole days even researching nuclear power and the situation at the site. Something the OP is not willing to do as apparent in his last three threads on the subject. Any way can you provide your sources about the amount of power a chain reaction at Fukushima can create. Then look up the properties of nuclear fuel. Then look up the effects of high temperature and radiation on N2 molecules. Then look up how the sun works, Ill give you a hint (fusion) and then see if that is possible with nitrogen in our atmosphere do to a chain retain of nuclear fuel. Try doing some research on a subject before coming on here and asking questions like this because of a thought you had after watching a youtube video. If you do do this research and post it I would gladly have an educated discussion about it with you.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90
(It's already pretty bad)

I agree, if by "pretty bad" you mean, magnitudes worse than Chernobyl, which was where the bar sat until Fukushima.

Fukushima is by far the worst 'accident' in the history of the nuclear industry.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
Yes it's is the worst idustreal accident to ever occur on the earth the only things that released more radioisotopes into the enviorment was Russia's dumping of nuclear reactors into the sea and above ground testing but those where both international and over long periods of time. But it's not going to ignite the atmosphere and and create a mini Sun which one can easily figure out with a little research which was my point.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Delete
edit on 24-7-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90
This is just completely nonsensical and your threads about Fukushima just keep becoming more and more uneducated. Really try researching things instead of making post trying to make the situation at Fukushima worse than it is,(It's already pretty bad) and now you've just taken it to a purely fantastical state. Also I feel as though this is not a genuine fear as poster above stated but a way for attention online. I truly had a genuine fear and interest in Fukushima the day it happened and spent hours upon hours whole days even researching nuclear power and the situation at the site. Something the OP is not willing to do as apparent in his last three threads on the subject. Any way can you provide your sources about the amount of power a chain reaction at Fukushima can create. Then look up the properties of nuclear fuel. Then look up the effects of high temperature and radiation on N2 molecules. Then look up how the sun works, Ill give you a hint (fusion) and then see if that is possible with nitrogen in our atmosphere do to a chain retain of nuclear fuel. Try doing some research on a subject before coming on here and asking questions like this because of a thought you had after watching a youtube video. If you do do this research and post it I would gladly have an educated discussion about it with you.

BGTM90, you're a fine one to be criticizing me.

So, Mr. Bigshot-Expert, need I remind you of what you said in the other thread? You admitted that the reactor buildings at Fukushima were sinking... SINKING! So, if buildings are sinking in mud, this means that they do not have an adequate vertical vector of support, and if they do not have an adequate vertical vector of support, how can you possibly imply, assume or conjecture that these buildings are stable with an adequate horizontal vector of support? I studied enough Physics to know that if you apply a force, no matter how weak that force be, against an object that does not have an adequate counteracting force like friction, then the object will move. The force of moving Fukushima groundwater against buildings' foundations is significant. To repeat: by your own words, the buildings at Fukushima are sinking in mud. I'd be truly amazed if those buildings are not moving laterally. Maybe the moving is at a rate of 1/16 of an inch per day... maybe an eighth of an inch... maybe 4 inches per day. I don't know, but to suggest that measurements can easily be taken to prove or disprove this using photographs absolutely astounds me. A person would need close up, high res before and after images of the buildings taken at the very same vantage point by the camera. Also, how do you compare an undamaged building in the before photo to a dilapidated building in an after photo? You'd really need before and after photos of the foundations of the buildings, and how do you obtain these?

Moving on to get this thread back on topic...

What you and the other respondents apparently choose to allow to fly over your heads is that Edward Teller's concerns about ignition of the atmosphere were CONFIRMED by his colleagues albeit at a low probability of happening.

So, this raises the question: back then, what were the calculated odds of an ignition of the atmosphere by a nuclear bomb test... one out of 1,000,000,000 or one out of 1,000,000 or one out of 1,000? Were people lying about the odds of such an event just to get the Manhattan Project back on track? Let me tell you: there's a lot of lying coming out of governments and the mainstream media these days. This, not to mention that Internet forums are reputed to be infested with shills.

Who knows? But if nuclear activity is associated with the possible ignition of the atmosphere, and it does not happen due to Fukushima, is it not still a possibility due to some other catastrophe at some other nuclear power plant or due to some loony North Korean nuclear physicists' screwing up, or perhaps due to our own nuclear physicists' screwing up?

P.M.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You should be concerned very concerned, he he ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

nah don't worry about it.
edit on 24-7-2014 by Bilky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilky

Death by ignition of the atmosphere, I suppose, will be so quick that it will be completely painless. Actually, I can think of a lot of less desirable ways to go.

P.M.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Death by ignition of the atmosphere, I suppose, will be so quick that it will be completely painless. Actually, I can think of a lot of less desirable ways to go.

P.M.

Exactly, and have you ever thought that its just way too banal and quick a way to go? There are just too many vested interests in this world to let us go out in a flash. Its the slow kill drawn out methods that I would watch for such as pandemic or financial oblivion followed by riots and then true oblivion.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

P.M.

That's for sure.

The pre-Fukushima statistics show nearly 50 % of us will be diagnosed with C.

And that's the number TPTB are willing to ADMIT to!

The % based on the continuing chain reactions at Fukushima can be extrapolated right up to 100%, if nothing is done to stop them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join