It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying something new...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm trying something new, going to some psychics/energy healers recommended to me by a friend and I'll let you know how it goes, if I got anything out of it or if I think it's a scam.

Stay tunned.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I have been before and some are legit. Don't go in expecting, just be objective and take in the information. Make sure you get detailed specific readings and not just generalizations.

When it comes to energy work it can be subtle or intense, so just try to feel whats going on without your head getting in the way. I take it Reiki maybe? Or something a long the lines of?

Report back, bring a recorder if you can, because often times a lot of information can be shared and memory can play tricks on you.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Ive had healing from a Reiki Master. Quite effective, and I felt energy moving throughout the treatment. Interesting to say the least. (And yes...it lasted/worked.)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good insights and overall I found it effective more, though in a counseling sort of way. No magic or amazing insights and it started with a guided hypnosis, however I never went under, still I found it worthwhile. Not much else to say really. I did enjoy it, but not sure it was great or if they were truly gifted. Not much else to report. I do feel amazingly relaxed and stress free at the moment. I don't have a care in the world right now. Hmmmm.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

I think, often, intuitive healer is a better phrase to use than the term 'psychic'.

Cirque

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One thing that you can try is to already have thought a lot of what you are gonna talk about and what information you are needing and send out the request mentally before going to the psychic. A reiki healing friend seem to notice that it makes the information more spot on when she went to a psychic.

In my own experience if you push chi/light thru your body the psychic can become more spot on if their ability are very low level. I am not really that impressed by most psychics I have met in my life. They have not been as strong as I think they should be to call themselves psychic.

Was it a Psychic or a Reiki session? Did they byosen scan you or touch your body directly? Any heat, cold tingeling during the session or strange colors seen?
edit on 23-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

It was interesting, as I was going under ...maybe it was partial Hypnosis? The fan on the ceiling became blurry --sort of like a dream state in a way but then ...I just wasn't under. I didn't feel hypnotized at all. It was an energy/psychic session. What was interesting, is that as I was guided through the session I was able to visualize things more clearly then I normally do when I'm trying to visualize or recall things in my mind. I just don't know.

Was it worth it? Yes. Was I blown away? no. Did I leave feeling like I had a paranormal experience? No. However certain things were brought to light and I was just guided in places and ...I don't know. It was just a really good session. Really hard to explain. I just feel like I got a lot of insight into my mind and what I do and why I do the things that I do and my defense mechanisms and why I can't concentrate at times and a few other issues.

I'm sure I'm not making much sense but I just wanted to share my experiences with you guys.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have a friend who believes he can heal with his hands. He fixed a hip problem that had me limping for years. It hurt like hell, but it worked.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have a friend who believes he can heal with his hands. He fixed a hip problem that had me limping for years. It hurt like hell, but it worked.

From my point of view If even I can do limited Reiki (intention->manifestation healing with chi/light/spiritual energy) then everyone can.

I do not think I am as advanced as your friend but you gotta start somewhere.

Is your friend one of those who can see the energy or empathic so he can feel where your body feels wrong?
edit on 24-7-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Seems to be something else than I have experienced.
. Thanks for the information.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: skunkape23

Is your friend one of those who can see the energy or empathic so he can feel where your body feels wrong?

He got me to lay down and the felt around the area with the problem. He had a look of deep concentration and seemed a bit confused. He felt further down my leg and looked like he had an "ah hah" moment. Then he struck my thigh with a powerful palm-heel. I felt an almost electrical pop in my hip. He said he had a hard time finding the bad energy, but when he did, he said he knocked it out. Make of it what you will. All I know is it fixed the problem.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Was it worth it? Yes. Was I blown away? no. Did I leave feeling like I had a paranormal experience? No. However certain things were brought to light and I was just guided in places and ...I don't know. It was just a really good session. Really hard to explain.

I think you've explained it quite well. I think your few sentences above describe one of the fundamental issues with people attempting energy work. I think sometimes people have preconceived notions about such work and think they are going to go in and feel OBE or total transofrmation when in reality I have always exeprienced the few sessions I have had as mild yet effective. I din't blast off into space, I didn't feel pulses of brain bending electricity through me, I just felt better.

that you had a good experience...nice thread

top topics

join