It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Op: Mom-Jeans Wearing Rick Perry in Helicopter Gunship Hunting Refugee Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeSaintsky

Except I don't remember them firing .50s across the border three years ago when this picture was taken.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JoeSaintsky

Except I don't remember them firing .50s across the border three years ago when this picture was taken.
My bad, didnt realize it was taken 3 years ago until after i made post. So then would it make okay for him to take this photo now? Since they are firing.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It'd be nice if the reporter could have at least gotten the "helicopter gunship" part right. That's not a helicopter. I have yet to see a helicopter with a wing and a turboprop exhaust sticking off the side of it.
What kind of plane do you think that is? I can only rule out what its not. I`ve never seen one aside from WW2 aircraft hanging a .50 out of the side.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

It's a turboprop going from the exhaust. Looks like probably a four engine beast. It's not an official AC mod though. All the AC mods that I'm aware of had the guns on the left, and none of them had a crew served weapon like that.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
total fabrication

Weapon: Not Loaded.

Aircraft: Not a Helicopter.

Image: Old.

Diagnosis: B.S.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
That is a CH47 with a .50 cal machine gun. The aircraft is NOT flying. It is a photo op.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It has a wing though. I don't remember many helicopters with wings.
edit on 7/26/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I dont think Thats a plane wing in the background.

It could be. But that window looks very much like the crewchief/door gunner window on a '47. That said, that machine gun looks more like a MK19 now that I look closer.
edit on pSat, 26 Jul 2014 11:37:53 -0500201426America/Chicago2014-07-26T11:37:53-05:0031vx7 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on pSat, 26 Jul 2014 11:41:08 -0500201426America/Chicago2014-07-26T11:41:08-05:0031vx7 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

If you look behind Perry there is modern sound proofing panels as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It does but that looks exactly like some engine exhausts I've seen on prop driven aircraft over the years in the background. It looks like it has a turbocharger on it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
Please note... the more we look into this story the more we find it seems to be and un-researched pieced together fabrication...
I will leave my original post as is, because that was my gut talking when I first saw this story...
But Now I'm pissed--- mostly at myself--- for not seeing this for what is-- More political BS to sway option

This photo is making the rounds but I’ve had trouble tracking down the source. It appears to show Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry in a helicopter gunship leaning on a powerful-looking weapon aimed at the ground. He is scanning the field below presumably, given recent headlines, seeking to target and shoot refugee children who are attempting to cross the U.S. border from Mexico. A commenter somewhere on Facebook pointed out that the gun Perry is leaning on is not loaded, but I can’t verify that either.

Story and photo source

as an aside the Ma-duce he lounging on is loaded.

the .50 cal is loaded on the off hand/left side as you see in the photo above.. Now take a close look at Ricky rangers gun and you can just make out the ammo can in the shadow under his arm...it may not be cocked and locked, but it wouldn't take much effort to make it a live gun.

As to my feelings...
Just joking about hunting children in a damn gunship is inexcusable!

photo op or not Rick Perry goes to far with this!
Of course what does he have to fear from some illegal preteens... watching those little kids scatter like roaches while he stands behind his big bad machine gun...

For gods sake man, what were you thinking????
you went way to far with this dude.
Right or wrong you just pissed off every parent on the planet

This story is supposed to be sarcastic right? or a joke? right? This story equals fail, fail, fail.

Here's what's wrong with this entire thread

1. Its a plane or rather a fixed wing military gunship not a helicopter, you can see the wing in the photo
2. those are normal jeans and
3. the photo is from 2006

Here is a similar photo. took me all of about 2 seconds to find this photo

Notice something??? same hat same jacket, same shirt
Its a photo from 2006 when Rick Perry visited the troops in Iraq
Source globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

I guess we can expect more of this type of character assassination and misinformation now the Governor Rick Perry has decided to call up the National Guard in Texas under the authority of state law meaning that there will be no federal oversight and the national guard will have the powers to arrest illegals.

www.prisonplanet.com...

The fact is is that illegals are a cover to permit the cartels to send their soldiers into the US. And these cartels are a part of the intelligence apparatus as is Al Qaeda and Isis. The entire globe is being destabilized. I don't believe that anyone really cares if a few thousand children are given refugee status, but we need to we need to prevent CIA Al Qaeda/ISIS agents and CIA "El Queso" cartel soldiers from entering the country. Unfortunately there are some already here. And if we were to really stop the flow of refugees we need to prevent the cartel violence down there and the terrorist threats over in the middle east. what we need to do is to stop sending arms and supplies to these terrorists. But I guess that's ok as long as they are not wearing "mom" jeans /sarcasm.

edit on 26-7-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well at least if the Mexican military comes over the border AGAIN
They will be stopped & hopefully they dont kill to many ms13 gang members ...oh wait I mean children

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
I will leave my original post as is, because that was my gut talking when I first saw this story...

Yeah...thats what the newspapers do too. Post that someone did something bad on the front page, then print a retraction on the last.
edit on 7/26/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
ABSOLUTE PROOF: Obama a Terrorist
Muslim!!!

Oops! My bad...that may not be what I thought.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join