It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 minutes of the movie "life of pi" (or) ..how to make a tinfoil hat part 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ah.. hello again..

"from where have you come..?"

this is "all that (there) is" this time..

the candidate is divested of all text & presented with the following obscure material..

if (really) interested... (hey, it could happen)
R-click image, select "save as" & download to HD
open in MSpaint & ENLARGE (if text is too small)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

Good stuff. Information games! That's what defines the world these days. The question is no longer "what is real" The question is now "What do you think is real, how have you invested your power, and how can we control that". The real question each must ask themselves is - "what are my core values?" If you stand for nothing you will fall for everything, its a very spiritual thing.

My two cents is to have have no fear. Be yourself, follow your heart and loves, and nothing will be able to hurt you. Even if you're smart as hell, its important to remember that mind is weak, and you have a soul, a spirit, that is stronger than mind. That's what the controllers fear most: You waking up to the fact that you don't need them at all, and shrugging off the media images that they invested billions in. They fear you being you. They are fundamentally aligned against the human spirit.

I hope this post doesn't seem to esoteric. This is, after all, a free speech forum where people can be themselves.

PEACE OP!
-Me

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I did a quick scan from Wiki to fill in some of the blanks.

The storyline revolves around an Indian man named Piscine Molitor "Pi" Patel, living in Canada and telling a novelist about his life story and how at 16 he survives a shipwreck in which his family dies, and is stranded in the Pacific Ocean on a lifeboat with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker.

Then I had a quick flash of Ramanujan trying to explain math in India before he was discovered.

Remember when Obama toured India and they took all the Cocoanuts down along the route h was to travel?

Best I could do in 30 seconds.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Tinfoil hat? Not so much... film art is steeped in metaphor and symbolism.

Not Transformers or crap like that (well, actually there is some...) and not all of them... but especially back in the early film days there is a whole language employed. Once that language is learned, some very surprising, often filthy, info is relayed.

Take a film lit class... it's revelatory.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Don't ever try to do this with a Stanley Kubrick movie or I fear you will go insane.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I felt like there was something missing in that film? Is it safe to assume that whatever that might be is instead in the book?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
creepiest part of this movie to me was the quality of the CG. you will be very surprised to see just how much of those scenes was computer generated.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The Writer: You're a Hindu Catholic?
Pi: We get to feel guilty before hundreds of gods.

You are very good at free association, metaphor and symbolism. You must have amazing dream journals! Your right-hemisphere seems to be more engaged than most. I sometimes write out notes similar to that with the aid of marijuana.

Life of Pi is a great movie - I still need to read the book. So many books, so little time...

p.s. The swimming in the sky scene is indeed an epic visual and metaphor in the film.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What I made out from the film was that the tiger and the boy were one and the same.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

And I used to know the guy who wrote 'Eye of the Tiger' (Jim Peterik). So it all comes full circle. Mods, you can close the thread now, the circle is cubed.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
there's a lot to respond to.. (i was hoping it made sense to some folks out there)

i guess i'll reply more next time (too much valuable thinking required here to just post ad-hoc now)
thanks for the lengthy responses (read these yesterday too, still mulling them over..)

forgot to link this potential little "oddity"
the curse of palmyra atoll (by ATS member cleverhans)
the mention of 'poisonous' areas was curious amongst other things
/back to the spice mines for now

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Your Life of Pi notes that mention the writer character's interest in a story to make him believe in God, and how he had previously tried to write a novel over a 2 year period of time and eventually had to throw it out, also describe this character's belief system as "a failed polarity merge".

From a very interesting previous post of yours 'Polarity Encoding', I learned more about male/female polarities etc.

"the divine marriage is the harmonious union of male and female, we have to first achieve this within ourselves" ..it's a holistic way i suppose of saying, men and women each have their own inner male and female qualities.. it's a very difficult thing to define, and does it need defining as such? ..it seems to be an encoded way of transmitting information.. for example, a grandmother can transmit this information to a grandson. (she's helping him balance his polarities, in other words)

this type of 'information transfer' is going on in many other ways too.

a lack of that 'information transfer' can be debilitating. those hypothetical grandmothers (and many other methods i'm alluding to here) unable to transmit their messages (helping to balance) ...leads to instability..

more often than not, in men, this tends to be extreme male polarity encoding (misogyny)

Thanks for the information, it is very fascinating.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
going over all this again just now.. i musta been here 3 or 4 times already preparing a response that was hopefully worthy of the good material offered here so far.. maybe it's a case of less-is-more for now?

the scant notes in the OP were presented as a loose primer.. the very first response was elaborate, elegantly simple (less was more?)

Good stuff. Information games! That's what defines the world these days. The question is no longer "what is real" The question is now "What do you think is real, how have you invested your power, and how can we control that". The real question each must ask themselves is - "what are my core values?" If you stand for nothing you will fall for everything, its a very spiritual thing.

which is the crux of the notes & (ongoing) tinfoil construction series;
movies are used to convey 'messages'
information games
..some people like to say "they're just movies" but we've got plenty of film makers waxing lyrical on how they get to pitch their message to the audiences of tomorrow
"debates" like that can be sidestepped by the experienced tinfoil hat wearer but there is something yet to be ferreted out about the intent (foreknowledge) of these various film-makers, authors, etc

moving on a little, stuff like

Tinfoil hat? Not so much... film art is steeped in metaphor and symbolism.

is also plain & clear (short & sweet, less is more) (afaic)

...Once that language is learned, some very surprising, often filthy, info is relayed. Take a film lit class...
it's revelatory.

..i think i know what you mean? one of the people who taught me to 'read' things was an old lady who seemed to enjoy exposing all these things (pun intended)
one of the films she had me watch here was dangerous liasons..
it was around then i started to really "get" the significance of all the 'polarity' stuff & have my mind blown in new ways, seeing 'it' just about 'everywhere' all over again.. (like when i was pointing out triangles & pyramids to friends)

..at this point, not only is there the 'crazy' aspect of pointing the material out, there's the crazy process of explaining what it means.. a bit like that "language" alluded to back there.. so we have all this stuff being hidden (occulted) out in the open.. ironically enough being used to initiate its audience
so.. uhh, ..it's all wrapped-up & encoded this way for a reason, how does one point at these shapes of things to come?
(which kinda comes back to the point all over again)
why we're seeing *it* constantly expressed in movies & other mass media? (programming *cough* ..stallones expendables pt.1 is another fine example, it's not so much the intro that's special, or any symbolism expressed [such as when the dictators 'palace' is destroyed] it's the embedded (polarity) message of the entire movie.. which kinda brings us back to that other point~ are these people 'aware' of what they're actually putting into their works? ..there's another thing i'll have to try and 'expand on' at some point, a mere process of digging out & quoting older sections of other rants.. sometimes i think "why bother?" with all this.. but it's partly because of other 'crazy' peoples threads that i've been able to follow up strange insights on various subjects)

there are three things back there (kubrik, original books & computer graphics) that warrant further ranting..
another time, they lead to various sidestudies just now
the swimming in the sky pic is awesome (thanks for including it)
hopefully a stray reader may be intruiged by the usage of water, swimming & everything else we're mumbling about here (another mention of 'reading the original book' there warrants a small mention of the movie/book franchise 'Dune', in a similar way the original work has been picked up & repackaged to a wider [movie] audience, there are also elements of this with game of thrones & the wheel of time novel series, but this is going into all those 'side-studies' again..)

again.. this all just frustratingly comes back to repeating the same thing over & over
(that movies are used to *program* people -and- are the movie-makers actually aware of what they're doing)
both of which are just vapid & obvious, imho
thanks for helping to get this off the ground, to one day eventually mean something more than it seems to be just now..
for the google AI's sake, i'll link some of the associated deceptive inferences made thus far..

..what i should've just said was

Your Life of Pi notes that mention the writer character's interest in a story to make him believe in God, and how he had previously tried to write a novel over a 2 year period of time and eventually had to throw it out, also describe this character's belief system as "a failed polarity merge".

From a very interesting previous post of yours 'Polarity Encoding', I learned more about male/female polarities etc.

that male/female meccano set seems to do wonders with all those strange encoded culture myths the world offers..
(probably the reason we see so many overlooked references to it everywhere)

..there will be even more nonsense one day, thanks for egging me on thus far, it's difficult to formulate some kind of cohesive & effective "strategy" on how to assault the enemy fortification(?) in the occupied grounds history shows retracted skirmishes along many fronts or geurilla tactics fare well enough

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm thinking that entire movie should have been renamed:

"Richard Parker is not my friend"
A true story about a dude on a boat and a tiger who's not his friend.

Also, the ending of the movie would have been better if they cut to him sitting behind the wheel of a NY City Taxi, pulled over somewhere. "...and then Richard Parker ran into the woods and did not even say good bye!!!! I thought we were friends...Oh richard parker why did you leave me"...(sobbing)

(Guy in back seat frantically trying to unlock the child proof safety lock doors) DUDE!!!! COME ON!!! My flight is leaving in like 15 minutes man!!!! This was supposed to be a ten minute cab ride! I've been held hostage listening to your stupid richard parker story for two F'ing hours!!!" (lays on his back starts trying to kick out the back seat windows)

"Oh Richard Parker why did you leave me!" (more wailing and sobbing)

Thats how the movie shoulda ended.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
hey I was thinking for a sequel Pi should get in another shipwreck and this time land on a deserted island with tom hanks from castaway. the whole movie will be like.

"Richard Parker!"

"WIlson!"

"RICHARD PARKER!!!!"

"WILSON!!!!!"

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

castaway:the baphometening
"this time, it's Pisonal"
richard dawkins could be the basketball, apparently he doesn't mind getting pawed at by sweaty men

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

it's difficult to formulate some kind of cohesive & effective "strategy" on how to assault the enemy fortification

Oh tiny plot to destroy the world,
How did you get so found?
What evil purpose did you contain
That caused you to astound.

Oh tiny plot to ruin my life,
We debated left and right.
Fists were thrown, words were used,
It became quite a fight.

Oh tiny plot to wreck the world,
Your thread, it got a push.
All because of a late date post,
That blamed it all on Bush.