It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quality Ghost Video IMO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hydeman11

I get it man it does look similar to smoke but I was on the stage, no one ever smokes on the stage and the girl that I asked to come up on the stage doesn't even smoke. Neither do I and no way would anyone smoke on that stage and thats why I've been watching it frame by frame for 2 weeks. If you stop the frame when it gets to the top right before it disappears you can see a solid white part of it in front of the black backdrop. If I could explain this as easily as it's smoke I wouldn't waste your time here.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BoovDawg

Yes... good spot. I wanted to see if anyone saw it. A second "something" comes from left to right at the same time.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Usually, I make rings. It's fun. You can also make little puffs of smoke, or exhale a continuous stream

You're not being serious and completely avoiding the question. Which tells me I have a point and you just don't want to acknowledge it. "little puffs of smoke" yeah right. Try "all smoke coming out of your lungs is a puff" The OP clip is not a puff.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Overtime

Well, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here and throw out some other possibilities...

Perhaps it was an aerosol room freshener? Perhaps it is some strange artifact of reflected light onto the camera lens? Maybe one of those lights burst and released the contents? Fog machine? Breath freshener? Maybe it really is a ghost...

But is it at all possible that anyone smoked there that night? The vapor appears from the right, probably not from the camera person (so I retract what I said about that previously) by the way it's moving. It could very well be from off stage. The simplest answer is often the most probably, and I've seen a lot of smoke in my day... That looks to be the simplest and most plausible naturalistic explanation. I'm not saying it isn't a ghost, but if there is even a slight chance that someone was smoking, that would be what I'd say it was...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

That was my point in that edit/add ... steam dissipates rapidly... however, I've seen "ectoplasm" like that before live and up close and know the stuff, whatever it really is, exists and is NOT smoke or easily explainable by what physics most of us think we know... but it is more common for these things to have a more common explanation.

I'm wide open, though...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I was being serious, just not in a serious way. You asked a question, I gave my answer. You just didn't like it.

Now, to be fair I don't smoke cigarettes. Never could stand the smell, despite my family (a big family) all smoking them... I grew up and favored aromatic cigars/pipe tobacco. Don't inhale it to the lungs... If you did, you'd be sick from nicotine toxicity (real thing... Not fun).

That said, it does not look like cigar or pipe smoke. Too clear, not puffy enough. It looks exactly like a deeply inhaled drag from a cigarette exhaled rather vigorously. Seen that all too often. (I really do wish my family would quit... They're getting too old and too unhealthy from the habit...)

Thank you for resorting directly to ad hominem by saying I wasn't serious, though. It certainly makes me think you were being logical and considering the options. ;D

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Fair enough. We already ruled out smoke IMO. Not only did we know no one was smoking at the time, but we also tried to recreate the video because one of us thought smoke also(even though we knew no one was). So we took the same camera and regular smoke did not move or look the same no matter what we did with the smoke. There was nothing that anybody did, no smoke machines, sprays, or gags.
edit on 7/19/2014 by Overtime because: clarify

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What is on the other side of the room behind the backdrop. Is there an exhaust fan there, perhaps pulling the air up between the opening of the backdrop and the ceiling?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
dble post
edit on 19-7-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It looks exactly like a deeply inhaled drag from a cigarette exhaled rather vigorously

Impossible. I AM a smoker and that is not how it looks when you exhale. Smoke consists of small particles of whatever it comes from which are easily disrupted by air flow. They can not maintain a uniform position when wafting "vigorously". The only time you will see smoke like that is from an extinguished candle, burning off the end of a cig, a flash bulb from a 1900's camera or anywhere not disrupted by air flow.

BTW, saying you're not serious isn't an ad hom.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

All right then, some other possibilities...

Perhaps a small insect moving through some stale air and swirling the air around it as it flew? Or perhaps it is, as a previous commenter already stated, a bug itself. It kind of looks like the phenomenon known as "rods" which were apparently moths/other insects that moved too fast for the camera to take pictures of, creating blurs.

Did this occur outside or with openings to the outside? (Open windows/doors?)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This looks like what my cousin would exhale when using an "e-cig".

The cloud dissipates very quickly and looks like a mixture of cigarette smoke and liquid nitrogen fumes...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

No, thats a solid wall and ceiling with no air escape.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Alright first of all:

I would also like to point out that:
UNDERSTANDING CAMERA LENS FLARE

Lens flare is created when non-image forming light enters the lens and subsequently hits the camera's film or digital sensor.

www.cambridgeincolour.com...

And finally :

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

This is an indoor room with no windows. The door was closed which leads to the indoor hallway. I didn't nor have I ever seen a single living bug, fly, bee or bat fly around in there.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Perhaps it is too thick to be from exhaled smoke... Perhaps it does look more like the smoke from a fresh light. Hard to say. You make a valid point here, so I'm all right with that.

As for whether accusing me of not being serious when I was merely answering the question you posed qualifies as an ad hominem, well, that's as fuzzy as cigarette smoke in a video. The way I see it, your accusation was an attack on my character (the state of being serious being in question...), not a proper response to my message (You tried to discredit the speaker's message by accusing the speaker of not taking the topic seriously). And although it was a joke, it was in fact a direct response to your very direct question.

This is getting off topic so I'm fine if you don't agree with me on that. I'm fine if you want to call it a misunderstanding of my intentions. I do genuinely want to understand what I am seeing in this video, and I am merely trying to rule out the naturalistic causes before moving directly to supernatural.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

And last but not least: I am familiar with lense flares and this is not one. I could not recreate this with the same camera, same lighting, same position.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ok, did you read the link i posted explaining how light will reflect and bend when passing through glass, and how a lens on a camera even a phone camera can have different types of curvature. Also do you not find it a little coincidental that at the same time the recording device arcs up towards the light source creating the "lens flair" you see the "lens flair arcing away from the lens on the recording device!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

No one there had an e-sig nor does anyone use them.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

No but I can do that. Using the same phone I could easily see any lens flares when moving the camera from the same position and I didn't get any making the same movement she made. I've had 2 weeks to try and explain this. I cannot recreate it with the same camera doing the same thing with the same lighting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join