It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan Accuses Israel of Seeking Systematic Genocide in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Turkey which, traditionally, has been Israel's key ally in the Islamic world, is now at odds with the Jewish state. This is apparently, after Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan blasted Israel over its air campaign in the Gaza Strip, saying that Israel is commiting genocide against the Palestinians. According to the article, things went south between the two allies when Erdogan's party came to power and things really went south when there was a skirmish in 2010 where Israeli marines stormed a Gaza-bound Turkish ship in 2010 while in international waters. Ten Turks died as a result of the attack. Erdogan remains very vocal about Israel.

"The Western world remains silent, so does the Islamic world. Because those who lost their lives are Palestinian, you can't hear their voices," Erdogan added.

Erdogan renewed his vehement criticism of the United Nations, which he accused of having no use as well as persuing a hidden agenda.

"What is the UN doing? Why has it been founded? For world peace? Does it contribute to the world peace? No. They are serving whatever their secret agenda is."

If Turkey gets in on the Palestinian/ Israeli conflict things could go from bad to worse in an instant. Turkey is a NATO nation with a huge Muslim population so however this ends, it doesn't look good. WW3 is supposed to start somewhere around Turkey, right?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Doesn't he have his own problems to deal with, what with all the Turkish embassy and student hostages seized by ISIS in Mosul? I haven't heard whether they were freed or not yet or met a terrible fate, but in any case he can't be enamored with finding allies in all that mess. He has been battling a terrible public image too. I suspect that at the moment he is more bark than bite, though I could be proven wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Let's hope you're right

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
He's right! I would like to see Turkey and Egypt, -with the help of Iran - all confront Israel about their genocide against the Palestinians. If the world sits by and allows this to happen then surely nobody is safe. The US gov needs to mind their own business when all of this occurs.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
He's right! I would like to see Turkey and Egypt, -with the help of Iran - all confront Israel about their genocide against the Palestinians. If the world sits by and allows this to happen then surely nobody is safe. The US gov needs to mind their own business when all of this occurs.

We can only hope, but it's never going to happen.
I wish this was a fair fight, unfortunately no nation on this god forsaken planet have the ball$ to do anything about this criminal Zionist threat. I'd love to see the end of this terrible oppression on the Palestinians one day...

Who will defend Palestine from the coward Zionists ?
I'm afraid nobody will. All erdogan is doing is cheap talk, just like Iran and Hezbollah.
Like the Zionists, they're all cowards !!

May god help the Palestinians

edit on 18-7-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hey Erdogan...what about all the problems u caused for Syria? Allowing foreign invaders from Turkey to create hell on a sovereign country and displace hundreds of thousands. You sir are a mockery of your own words...it would only be suitable to have the world watch u lick yourself in your own self righteous declarations of senile STUPIDITY!

new topics

top topics

join