It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm MAD AS HELL!!!! And I am not going to take it ANYMORE!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: Bilk22

I beg to differ. America is the land of the quarter-back star! The hollywood star! Individual stars who rise above the rest!

The country was founded by fighting the british, it is a totally new approach to running their lives.

I dont know US history too well, but i know difference in cultures when i see it and there is more freedom in USA. Or is there? that is what this whole thread is about, no?

I am asking you guys!!

btw... i saw obamas america, i still dont know WTF is going on with this insane story! it is scary if true! but again, I dont know much!
Well you said it there. We as a young nation, were the underdog and won. That mentality has stayed with us. Sure there's people who love the star QB just as you have people who love the star striker. But it's my experience that people can't help themselves but to pull for the guy who has the odds against him and I don't think that's unique to the US. It actually may be human nature or just the desire to see someone go up against the odds and win. I think it represents a victory for all us "little people" and that is, in good part, what America is made of - regular people doing their best and making it "work" how ever they can.

Hollywood is full of those feel-good, underdog wins the girl type of movies for a reason. People love to root for the underdog

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

You are absolutely right, of course, but there is precious little we can do about it, realistically.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
So instead of giving the rest of the world the rights that we Americans enjoy(d), (which obviously is not what they want), they instead take away our freedoms to bring us down to the level of other countries around the world. I am so sad as I sit here and type this, but this my friends is the TRUTH!

Seems to be right on target!

When I was young, I thought that everything today would be much better...boy was I gulible!
You see, the people up there don't give a rats ass to what the whole world wants.

Instead of taking steps towards a Star Trek world, we are clearly heading towards a disgusting corporate freedomless cyber punk world and people that can't see that are oblivious to the reality around them.

It's time we wake up and change our leadership, humanity can be much more than the insects we are now.
edit on 17-7-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

And in that idealized Star Trek world they had commanders lieutenants admirals...yeah a perfect military world...(How I hate stating that as a Trekkie fan)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

And in that idealized Star Trek world they had commanders lieutenants admirals...yeah a perfect military world...(How I hate stating that as a Trekkie fan)

Well it's not the whole world that's like that, that's just in Starfleet.

Just a world where money isn't the one and only rule of survival and power would be refreshing. People should be doing what they are good at, what they like doing and of course, what needs to be done to progress positively.
edit on 17-7-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Well it's not the whole world that's like that, that's just in Starfleet.

I know what you're idealizing towards, I get it. What I guess I wish for in a Star Trek world is where there is a Starfleet that goes tripping around the galaxies without a military structure. Say made up of scientists laymen engineers explorers with a command structure drawn from that crew. The military midset to me is easily controlled and exploitable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join