It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Other Southern Nevadans Hearing a mysterious Hum at Night?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I live in the southern part of Nevada (Just outside of Las Vegas) in Henderson.

Of late, (not consistently every night, but quite frequent) I am hearing a humming noise late in the evenings into the early morning.

The sound is fairly quiet, but is a higher pitched hum of sorts..

I am wondering if anyone else in the area is hearing this??

Thanks for your help.

edit on 15-7-2014 by defuntion because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just wanted to add, that I will try to update this thread when I start hearing the sound.
It would be great if others could do the same.

Unless I am the only one hearing it...

I also wanted to mention that the sound seems to be coming from the southern part of the valley..
Very hard to pinpoint though..

Thanks ATS

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Also,

I will do my best to try to record it if I do hear it..
If anyone has any suggestions as to the best way to capture this..??

The obvious problem is determining this "hum" from other "normal" ambient noise in the Valley..

I like to think I am able to differentiate noises out of the norm as I have been a resident (mostly in the same area of the valley) for over 30 years..

Thanks ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I've heard humming noises before that I couldn't identify, this was about two years ago. I'm not from Nevada though, but Pennsylvania.

There was a thread on here a few days ago that could be related to what you're hearing, and I'm sure there is some from a few years back regarding what I had heard. When I heard the humming, I looked into it online and found it was going on all over the place. I think the general description then was of the earth "moaning". I'll find some of the articles from back then and post some links for you.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Not in Nevada but my wife and I hear the sound every single night. There's this website THE HUM where a few researchers say they're trying to get to the root of this. See this great article first though about the people who hear the hum: ARTICLE ABOUT PEOPLE WHO HEAR THE HUM

Interesting stuff! Oh and we live right near Malibu, CA. Can definitely report we hear it EVERY night.
edit on 15-7-2014 by robbystarbuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

This time of year, if you have humming birds around they make a very high frequency noise or buzzing sound during courtship that resembles the sound of live high current only faster.

This normally happens up in the air above tree level where the sound carries but the tiny bird is fast and hard to see.

Not going to bother with a recording or YouTube link as it's all over if your looking. I plant flowers and have tall trees so the noise is kind of frequent and normal, before I knew ,it freaked me out some.an alarming noise raising in frequency before dropping off?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This one refers to polar shift as a possible cause:
Earth Sounds

This one has a bunch of videos:
Earth Moans

This is the thread I saw the other day, there are a lot more on this subject on ATS as well
post by grey580

link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

TIMR,

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I did do some searching and read through a few similar threads, but I was unable to determine how similar the noises I am hearing are to some of the others noted..

One thread Here had some examples of what were believed to be VLF (low frequency) noise potentially linked to (TACAMO) "Take Charge and Move Out", but I found the Hum I am hearing to be different. It is higher pitched...

Please do provide links for more examples and please do express your ideas/opinions on the noise you have heard in your area..

Thanks.

link   
Vegas here but haven't heard it. Of course it's hot and I have the air on full blast plus my ceiling fan. I wouldn't here it.

What time frame? I'll try to pop my head out of doors tonight and listen.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThisIsMyRifle
This one refers to polar shift as a possible cause:
Earth Sounds

This one has a bunch of videos:
Earth Moans

This is the thread I saw the other day, there are a lot more on this subject on ATS as well
post by grey580

Excellent.
Thank you. I will read through these.
Regards.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: robbystarbuck
Not in Nevada but my wife and I hear the sound every single night. There's this website THE HUM where a few researchers say they're trying to get to the root of this. See this great article first though about the people who hear the hum: ARTICLE ABOUT PEOPLE WHO HEAR THE HUM

Interesting stuff! Oh and we live right near Malibu, CA. Can definitely report we hear it EVERY night.

Robby,

Thanks for the reply.
I will review the links..
What is your opinion on the source?

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Treespeaker
a reply to: defuntion

This time of year, if you have humming birds around they make a very high frequency noise or buzzing sound during courtship that resembles the sound of live high current only faster.

This normally happens up in the air above tree level where the sound carries but the tiny bird is fast and hard to see.

Not going to bother with a recording or YouTube link as it's all over if your looking. I plant flowers and have tall trees so the noise is kind of frequent and normal, before I knew ,it freaked me out some.an alarming noise raising in frequency before dropping off?

Cheers!

TreeSpeaker,

Thanks for your reply.
Very interesting. Though the sounds I hear are fairly late in the evening into early morning, and I am guessing those humming birds would be nested? Not certain, but I will look around for some examples and let you know if is a match..
Regards.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
vegas local here. I work nights in the southern part on the valley. do you think it could be related to the weather we are having currently?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Vegas here but haven't heard it. Of course it's hot and I have the air on full blast plus my ceiling fan. I wouldn't here it.

What time frame? I'll try to pop my head out of doors tonight and listen.

Amazing,
Haha. Yes indeed to the AC and fans running... I have only heard it while outside in my front or back yard (seems louder in the back) My backyard faces south which is why I am led to believe that is the direction it is emanating from...
It seems to start between 11 PM and 1 AM, and seems to run off and on until as late (or early..) as 3 to 4 AM..

And nice to see a fellow Vegas person on the boards..

Take Care!

edit on 15-7-2014 by defuntion because: Sp

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: turboneon
vegas local here. I work nights in the southern part on the valley. do you think it could be related to the weather we are having currently?

Turboneon,
Hmm. I am not sure if I can correlate it to weather. I am certain that I have heard it in the lulls of some of the recent rain/thunderstorms we have had, but have also heard it clearly when the sky is clear as can be..

Good to see ya on the boards Southern Nevadan..

Have you heard anything strange?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
we live in a busy area. I have heard many of odd noises at night here. The sound you hear may be the factories in deep henderson or near lake las vegas. The article about the people who hear the hum said something like that. The factories can produce VLF's that you may be able to hear.
edit on 15-7-2014 by turboneon because: eye spellz nots good

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's aliens I tell you! LOL Seems to be a lot of speculation but I don't think anyone knows for sure do they?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Lived there for more than 20 years (central West area).

Always heard strange noise off and on.

Maybe Henderson gets sound bouncing from the quarries in Sloan ?

Maybe some night construction going on ?

Cloud cover makes the noise travel.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hello, I live in SW Las Vegas and I have heard the hum you speak of. My bedroom is on the south side of the house and that is the only time I have heard it. 11 pm sounds about right, there are times when it is more noticeable than others. I live about a quarter of a mile from the 215 freeway and wondered if that was the source, but there are times that it is unmistakably a hum. Whatever it is must be big, cause I live in South Summerlin and that is a ways from you.
edit on 15-7-2014 by jaws1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One of the speculative theories on this hum is that it is from underground drilling for DUMB's and tunnels.

it just so happens they are using one of these boring machines in the area to drill a new tunnel to the bottom of lake mead for water when the water level gets too low for the existing straws (tunnels) in use now.a reply to: jaws1975

top topics

<<   2 >>

join