It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Leader Sends Granddaughter to Israel for Treatment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hi Guys

Well, well, well, what do we have here ?

It would seem Gaza-based Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh sent his granddaughter to Israel for treatment of an acute infection of her digestive tract.

To quote the article

The one-year-old girl had reportedly deteriorated to critical condition after contracting an acute infection of her digestive tract. Seemingly without hesitation, Haniyeh sent the girl to Israel, and the Jewish state, equally without hesitation, opened its arms to help the child.

Nor was little Amal the first member of the Haniyeh family to receive medical care from Israel. In the summer of 2012, Haniyeh's brother-in-law was rushed across the border to receive urgent heart treatment at a hospital near Tel Aviv.

LINKY

Israel could have refused entry to Amal at the drop of hat, after all they refuse entry to Yusuf Islam (Formerly Cat Stevens for our younger members, look him up some very cool music
)

But they chose not to, they chose to treat her.

Now, this is nothing new on the Israeli side of the equation. Hundreds of Palestinians from Gaza enter Israel every month for medical treatment, some of it life-saving.

But for Haniyeh himself to send his own flesh and blood into what he and other Hamas leaders describe as the lion's den certainly must send the wrong kind of message.

Now I'm fully aware of what is happening in the middle east at the moment, probably more aware than 99% of ATS, as my kids live in Southern Israel.

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh's granddaughter was returned to Gaza on Tuesday after being hospitalized in Israel. Doctors at Petah Tikva where she was treated determined that it was impossible to save her, reports AFP

OK now I know the haters are going to hate and they will no doubt jump on this thread with

1. Well it's the least they can do after all the killing
  2. Well what do you expect? It's not like Israel left Gaza with any medicine
  3. If they didn't have open sewers there would never have been an infection
  4. Etc
  5. ETC
  6. ETC

1. Hamas started this round ................ Get over it
  2. It's a war.....................................Get over it
  3. If any Arab state or indeed organisation cared about the Palestinians, they would have pumped billions into Gaza and it's infrastructure when Arafat was leader ................................ Get over it.

This is about the humanity NOT the hate...............................Get over it

The FACT is a little girl was ill, and Israel took her in to try and help even if she was the granddaughter of their No.1 enemy

The FACT is that Hamas were offered a ceasefire and refused it.

Hamas's armed wing rejects Egyptian-proposed Gaza ceasefire after Israel endorses it
LINKY

And the FACT is if a Palestinian need hospital treatment in Israel and can make it to the border Israel will treat them.

I reiterate this NOT about the hate, it's about the small amount of humanity that still exists in this nightmare

N.B. I will not be responding to hate, only to positive posts

Let the flaming begin

Cody

edit on 15/7/14 by cody599 because: Crap at typing

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It's strange, isn't it? That people compartmentalize things like this. I think of how they used to fight wars - both sides on foot starring the other down. They count and then charge. As if it was on the schedule much like a business meeting would be. "Let's meet in left field at 9am and kill each other".

I don't think it's changed much. "Let's stop bombing each other for 15 minutes so I can go to the bathroom". It never occurs to them that if the other is cooperating with letting said enemy use the bathroom they might be able to cooperate in negotiating a truce.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
For such an ill little girl, whom I am happy is getting the care she needs, wouldn't the close family members (including the Prime Minister) want to be by her side?

Get the whole Haniyeh family in Israel - show them some hospitality (other than the medical care), with adequate security measures, of course.

What kind of message would that send?

Not saying I would want Israel to say, "you all come - or no care will be provided to your daughter" - but, in my world, family naturally comes together in times of such crises.

Both sides of this debacle are ... well, I don't have words I can use here. This show of compassion, made widely public in the region I think could do some good though.

Or it could backfire completely. Such is the nature of the region....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

So true
I have friends on both sides of this conflict, and a friend or 2 on ATS living it, all they want to do is live in peace and provide for their families.

Will it happen ?....................Not in my lifetime

Unfortunately

Cody

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

i was gonna post about the cease fire and peace talks that was suppose to start today and place bets that hamas would reject terms, or break the cease fire.

should've i would have won.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunom

Get the whole Haniyeh family in Israel - show them some hospitality (other than the medical care), with adequate security measures, of course.

What kind of message would that send?

You should work in the Israeli Gov't my friend, an opportunity missed

Cody

ETA: If I could applaud that I would
edit on 15/7/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Saves one, kills hundreds of others.

Yes, let's celebrate the life saved shall we? Ignore the lives lost.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

This is good to hear. Earlier I read the thread where people are posting on Facebook how they want to get out there and prevent Israeli/Palestine marriages, and how they love seeing the enemy killed. I saw a video last year of soldiers from either side posted at their station, and within sight of each other. Someone on the streets started blasting music and both sides, holding their guns, began dancing. They got into trouble as someone filmed it. It's as if they were doing what they were supposed to be doing (standing with guns ready to shoot), but inside they don't hate each other. They danced together. Ultimately they got into trouble for getting along. They let down the illusion that must be upheld - that also keeps a lot of people in power and in work.

If only people were aware enough to honor what they want and think out loud. It only takes one brave person to attract others who are like minded.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I've avoided the Israel/Palestine threads because of the venom being spewed. And I live in the political madness forums!

I wish there was peace everywhere. Sadly, I don't think it'll ever happen. There's just too much hate going on everywhere.

But it's good to see that in the sea of sewage, an island of peace and kindness that spans beyond border/religious disputes.

SnF

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's good PR for Israel to do this it helps with the we are the innocent victims of Hamas image that they feed to the public. Also seeing it's obviously haters that point out facts like these.

Well what do you expect? It's not like Israel left Gaza with any medicine

Israel's blockade stops medicines from going into Gaza.
Suffocating Gaza - the Israeli blockade's effects on Palestinians

Gaza's health sector has been plagued by shortages in equipment and medical supplies during the blockade. Following the Israeli closure of crossings, people with medical conditions that cannot be treated in Gaza have been required to apply for permits to leave the territory to receive treatment in either foreign hospitals or Palestinian hospitals in the West Bank. The Israeli authorities frequently delay or refuse these permits; some Gazans have died while waiting to obtain permits to leave the territory for medical treatment elsewhere. World Health Organization (WHO) trucks of medical equipment bound for Gazan hospitals have repeatedly been turned away, without explanation, by Israeli border officials.

If they didn't have open sewers there would never have been an infection

They wouldn't have open sewers if Israel would stop targeting the water and sewer treatment plants.
Israel airstrike bombs major water line, sewage station and water wells in Gaza

Gaza, Occupied Palestine – Israeli airstrikes bombed a major water line and sewage plant west of Gaza City, last Wednesday afternoon, which provides water to tens of thousands of citizens and is regarded as the main water line for al-Shati refugee camp west of the city. The director of the Water Department in the Municipality of Gaza, Saad Eddin Al-Atbash stated, “Israeli aircraft targeted a sewage plant west of the city, which serves the areas of al-Shati Camp, Tel al-Hawa neighborhood, Sheikh Ajlin, and the western areas of Gaza City, which pumps 25,000 cubic meters of waste water daily to the public treatment plant.” He continued, “While the city is working on improving the water supply systems for the citizens in Gaza, Israeli forces are working on the destruction of water wells in order to increase the suffering of the citizens during the summer.”

And the FACT is if a Palestinian need hospital treatment in Israel and can make it to the border Israel will treat them.

This is true IF they can get through the border. Many people have died waiting to get clearance to go to get treatment.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

~Tenth

They didn't save that one either they sent her back home apparently to die.

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh's granddaughter was returned to Gaza on Tuesday after being hospitalized in Israel. Doctors at Petah Tikva where she was treated determined that it was impossible to save her, reports AFP

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

~Tenth

Far from it Tenth

As I said I have personal friends on both sides of the conflict, I'm as worried about each of them.
Just saying there is still a hint of humanity in what is insanity

Cody

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I've avoided the Israel/Palestine threads because of the venom being spewed. And I live in the political madness forums!

I wish there was peace everywhere. Sadly, I don't think it'll ever happen. There's just too much hate going on everywhere.

But it's good to see that in the sea of sewage, an island of peace and kindness that spans beyond border/religious disputes.

SnF

This a little off topic but if the mods will permit me
Haddsah Hospital Here they treat people of ALL races creeds and colours, my adopted sis was there for leukaemia treatment.

Whilst visiting met parents from all over the world, including Israel's enemy states.

When it comes to your kids, politics goes out the window .

We could all learn from that

Cody

ETA: Forgot the window glitch

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That seems weird since most gastrointestinal infections should be able to be treated with antibiotics.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

~Tenth

They didn't save that one either

If they'd have been a tad less busy lobbing rockets and a tad more busy with family, she might just have got there in time to saved.

they sent her back home apparently to die.

With her loved ones around her
Cody

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
a reply to: buster2010

That seems weird since most gastrointestinal infections should be able to be treated with antibiotics.

The one-year-old girl had reportedly deteriorated to critical condition

Critical

Cody

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust them.

She will probably come back full of polonium.

Nothing but pro Israel propaganda.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: avenged10fold
I wouldn't trust them.

She will probably come back full of polonium.

Nothing but pro Israel propaganda.

Why do you feel your anti-Israel trash talk is any better?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What fluff.

Oh, looky!!! Israel wants people to think that they are humane towards other humans!! NOT!
Propaganda. Nothing more.

The truth is, Israelis get together in their trashy lawn chairs, eat popcorn while watching their friendly, lovely and humane government bomb Palestinian hospitals, but they put crap like this out there to soften peoples hearts. Wow, aren't they great, folks? How sweet of them. And that cease fire was not the least bit of a BS technique to make it seem like they 'want' to stop the genocide. I guess they must really think that us goy are dumb. Boycott Israel. It's a start.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Fylgje because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
PR stunt so you apologists could say, "see I told you"...
Just as much propaganda of the recent video of the IDF terrorist who refused to fire on children.
Funny it never stopped any of those terrorists before.
By deception thou shalt do war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join