It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptic Website - Hidden Treasure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So I stumbled on this pretty strange and cryptic website while researching a treasure hidden somewhere in the Rocky Mountains: www.wherewarmwatershalt.com...

One of the 'clues' to the treasure says to 'begin it where warm waters halt' - so that's what I did! It has a clock count-down and audio with a coded message. Sounds like Morse code too.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: occuluinunc

We've had a lot of those types of sites posted on ATS before. They usually but not always, are connected to a new vid game release, or movie release. Especially the one with a count down clock. One, I remember, was phishing for ip addys....

Some are fun to play along with. Some you figure out fast, the OP of the site is counting on hits to the site for financial gain

So...I have to ask. Is it your site?

Des

edit on 14-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thanks Des!
Not my site. It appears to be related to the Forrest Fenn hidden treasure. Supposedly he hid a treasure chest (about 4 years ago) with gold in the Rocky Mountains and wrote a poem with '9 clues' that will lead you to the cache. The treasure has not been found yet. I don't think he is behind this site . . . not sure what it is all about though.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Have you inputed anything into the boxes? That countdown is a long time away! Bummer I have no patience!

edit on 14-7-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

The boxes don't do anything for me. And I'm with you - the countdown is a long way down the road . . .

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Some of the "Whois" of the site. Of course their are smarter people than me on ATS that can make heads or tails from it.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

For those who are looking for information about what the OP is speaking about

Wikipedia - Forrest Fenn Treasure

Forrest Fenn was diagnosed with cancer in 1988. He came up with the idea during this illness to secret a bronze chest full of treasure for anyone to go find. He filled the chest with "treasure" containing gold nuggets, rare coins, jewelry and gemstones, along with a jar holding his autobiography. He intended to hide it and die in the wilderness, with the treasure as a legacy.[2] However, he survived his illness and waited until he was 79 or 80 to hide the treasure.

In March 2013, he revealed that the treasure was hidden in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe and 5,000 feet (1,500 m) above sea-level.[3]

On March 27, 2013 Forrest Fenn's 11th clue was revealed. “No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure.” [4]

On May 3, 2013, Fenn was interviewed to reveal "The treasure is not in a graveyard." This was in response to an arrest of a treasure seeker the previous month.[5]

In September 2013, Fenn announced the publication of a new book, Too Far to Walk, containing a pullout map of the area surrounding the treasure.[6] The book has since been published and is available for purchase.

This poem written by Forrest Fenn contains nine clues that if followed precisely, will lead to the end of his rainbow and the treasure. Happy Hunting!

The domain name is a reference to the poem. Specifically, the first line of the second stanza, "Begin it where warm waters halt"

EDIT:

It's definitely got a "numbers station" feel. Sounds like Morse code in the background which would be awesome if I knew Morse code. My guess is if somebody writes down what it's "broadcasting" they'll have some sort of cipher.

EDIT 2:

Here's a blog post with some additional information including the following clues:

ADDITION: MARCH 1st Clue: “The Treasure is hidden higher than 5000 feet above sea level.”
ADDITION: MARCH 27th Clue: “No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure in not associated with any structure.”
ADDITION: MAY 3rd Clue: “The treasure is not in a graveyard.”
ADDITION: JUNE 28th Clue: “The treasure is not hidden in Idaho or Utah.”

and here's another page as Mysterious Writings that links to the first and contains additional facts about the treasure and this interesting excerpt about the poem:

Forrest says when he wrote the poem he wasn’t playing any games. The poem is straightforward. He also said it took him 15 years to write it, and changed it many times. He felt like he was an architect writing the poem and each word is deliberate.

edit on 2014-7-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

So it looks like a new site, but registration is private. Guess we'll never know until the time runs out.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We have this blog post, posted in April - dalneitzel.com...

This one followed in May - mysteriouswritings.com...

And your mystery page was created May 15th...

I am researching upcoming movies about the treasure hunt. Thinking maybe there is a movie coming out as Des suggested.

And the treasure clue poem-

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it’s no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Doubtful. This was covered last year in the MSM so the body of content about this treasure is not limited to potentially faked blog sites.

Huffington Post (excerpt below)

Four years ago, Forrest Fenn, a Santa Fe bazllionaire, hid a treasure chest full of booty including priceless ancient artifacts, gold nuggets and precious jewels estimated at $3 million. The treasure is still waiting to be found, but is now rumored to be worth as much as $5 million. Because Forrest Fenn is such an incredible character (think Will Rogers stirred in with Indiana Jones), I went back to Santa Fe to see what new information he'd volunteer about the treasure.

The Daily Beast

Also from Huff Post last year:

The treasure has not yet been found. Says Fenn, "It's difficult so it won't be found right away, but it's easy enough so that it's not impossible to find it." Fenn chuckles and says, "I want sweaty bodies out there looking for my treasure -- they just have to find the clues." The clues can be found in Fenn's self-published memoir, The Thrill of the Chase, available only at Collected Works Bookstore in downtown Santa Fe ($35).

I think it might be a work of performance art. For $35 bucks, you can enjoy "The Thrill of the Chase"

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

BINGO! Pay to Play site...

Des

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

If it isnt,this is a joke because he clearly says where he put the chest.

I mean, this has to be a joke, that wasnt even a challenge.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, go get it then! You will find yourself a couple million dollars richer once you retrieve it!

(Pics when you get there. I would love to see where it has been hidden.)

a reply to: one4all

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I don't think it's a joke. And it is true he said he hide the chest in the Rocky Mountains (north of Santa Fe), but that's an awful big area to look. You need to figure out the clues and then get out there and look. People have been looking for 4 or so years, so I don't think it will be too easy to find. Good luck though!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Oh, and Fenn also said (post poem and book) that it was not hidden in Idaho or Utah - so the Rocky Mountains in those states are out of the picture.

Where warm waters halt? = Hot springs flowing into colder river? Water freezing into glacier (Glacier National Park)? Fenn said it is very important to start at the beginning and follow the clues from there. The 9 clues are in his poem, so you first need to figure out what the 9 clues are . . . and what is the first clue. Cats and dogs living together - mass hysteria!

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I personally think he is canoeing down stream to a waterfall, (a big one) and you get out right before the water starts turning. I think the blaze has to do with equinoxes, some ancient site that has a hole to line it up. At the end of the light there is the treasure in plain sight. But what do I know.....

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I like your blaze idea! And yes, - water is involved for sure. It also seems (per the poem) that you 'put in', and that is generally a term used for rafting/kayaking/canoeing, etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Also, a quick note - I think it is done around the spring equinox at the time of the snow melts.

I just love a good mystery! I hope whomever finds it, let's the world know where it was.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Browsing the files..
Found this.
wherewarmwatershalt.com...

Forgot the direct mp3 file that auto-plays.
wherewarmwatershalt.com...
edit on 15-7-2014 by Stimpak because: (no reason given)

The woman is reading NATO phonetic alphabet, but when put together, forms gibberish.
First two lines she repeats is Yankee, Hotel, Foxtrot, which would form YHF.
edit on 15-7-2014 by Stimpak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Looks like some things have changed on this website. There are numbers appearing in the 4 boxes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join