It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with cops now days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Fulton (WSYR-TV) - A Fulton Police Sergeant has been accused of beating a person who was in custody and then writing a fake report to account for the incident. Fulton Police charged Sgt. Joseph Arigo with: Third-degree assault, a class A misdemeanor Falsifying business records, a class A misdemeanor Making a punishable false written statement, a class A misdemeanor Police began investigating Arigo on July 1 when a person complained that a Fulton Police officer had assaulted him. They say Arigo struck the man in the head and face several times until he suffered bruises and swelling at the Fulton Police Department. Police say the man also had a one-inch cut above his eye that needed seven stitches. They also believe Arigo wrote a fake report about the incident. Arigo was arraigned in Fulton City Court and released on his own recognizance. An 18-year veteran of the force, Arigo has been suspended by the Fulton Police Department.

WIXT

This article is from my city. Ive known this guy all my life pretty much. Its sickening. To Protect And Serve. Not to beat and manipulate.

Falsifying business records???? Since when is the police department a business??

I can say i have had run ins with this department. I was too handled inappropriate. I have told my story in a thread here on ATS. (I cant remember what thread it was now.) As was other members of my family at different times.

This goes out to all you people who have had incidents with bad cops. Don't stand for injustice. The more we let these thugs get away with brutalizing people the worse it gets.

My taxes go to pay your salary so you can protect us not alarm, annoy, harass, or harm us either physically or emotionally.

You scumbag cops make me sick.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Falsifying business records???? Since when is the police department a business??

Many have made this claim but its always denied, but now we hear it from the horses mouth.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Third-degree assault, a class A misdemeanor Falsifying business records, a class A misdemeanor Making a punishable false written statement, a class A misdemeanor

All misdemeanors?

If I was charged:

1st degree assault...Fraud...and more fraud.

Not misdemeanors for me and I'd be in jail.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It starts in academy. The indoctrination process is much different now than it used to be. They train these guy's to think that there are 2 sides, them and us, we are the enemy.
Firepiston

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Scumbag cops make me sick too.

I still support making punishments more severe for police officers who violate their oaths like this.

That being said he was arrested. It is a start.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Im glad he got arrested. It is a start, but it feels to me like they are giving him the minimum they can.

I think that people in positions like law enforcement should be held to a higher standard. In my opinion the best way to lead is by example. Monkey see monkey do. This cop is teaching all the members of my community that its ok to beat people who are cuffed and already detained. More so, teaching that violence is acceptable.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta Plain and simple answer is, they are not held accountable. Until then, they will do what they want.
Firepiston

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well remember it is the judicial branch of government that will levy punishment, not the executive.

If the punishment doesn't fit the crime blame them, not the police.

They did their job in this case.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Not another cop hating thread, this was all blown out of proportion I'm sure as 99.99 percent of all officers are good ones.
It is the .01 that just makes them look bad.
All charges were just misdemeanors so the story MUST have been pumped up, right?
They are there to protect and serve, it is generally written right on their cars.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Not sure who said this was a cop hating thread.

This is clearly a human being with issues that does not need to be a police officer. He should be arrested (which he was) and tried in court.

End of story.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Consider the possibility that perhaps there is nothing wrong with the cops from the perspective of those who want to own the world and everyone in it. For all we know they may well consider that their plans are going along quite nicely.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

This is not a cop hating thread but a douche bag hating thread. The perp happens to be a cop.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Interesting, i cant edit my post due to a maximum amount of edits in a time window of four hours? Is that really the window?

I wanted to add that i shouldn't jump to conclusions. For all i know this guy is being framed for something. Internal office dispute starting it. Maybe some deep rooted corruption. Hey man ill pay you if let this cop beat you up. he will take the fall and everything. Just keep your mouth shut!

My old psychologist told me years ago; that this whole county is corrupt she seen it getting deeper. She gave up working for the county because of it. I didn't get the whole story from her though. Was quite fascinating if nothing else.

join