It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

250M AMERICANS INFECTED – THE AMERICAN PARASITE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Candida secrete Acetaldehyde. If you cannot break this down, it can shut down your immune system eventually. Taking a molybdenum supplement or eating foods rich in molybdenum can help to de-weaponize them. It also works for Thrush and gingivitis.

Real oatmeal helps, so does whole grain oat cereals like cheerios and quaker oat squares I think. Cream of wheat works, but the molybdenum in the germ is bound sometimes.

If you take away the weapons they use to kill other necessary bacteria, then they can be controlled easier. Help out the other critters with other nationalities in your melting pot. Now a little copper supplement should be taken with molybdenum supplements or other problems can occur, a little over a hundred percent of the RDA in an active form of each is all you need most times. The rest can be gotten from increasing molybdenum foods.

Remember, If you were eating a lot of glutamine forming foods, they can cause a thickening of the intestines and that can make absorption of minerals harder. Glutamine actually stimulates healing by irritating the guts. Some is needed, too much is bad. Gluten turns to glutamine and tomato products add to glutamine pretty much. So do many starchy foods. Moderation.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: Dianec

You don't ingest it.

If you have an overgrowth on skin use a paste. Vaginal infection, use suppositories.

It's the same ingredient in contact solution.

Here's a bit of reading on the "candida epidemic".
www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...
theskinnywhitebuddha.blogspot.co.uk...
www.mayoclinic.org...

You may notice than none of the links I've posted have online stores.
Just something to think about...
edit on 12/7/14 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Candida secrete Acetaldehyde. If you cannot break this down, it can shut down your immune system eventually. Taking a molybdenum supplement or eating foods rich in molybdenum can help to de-weaponize them. It also works for Thrush and gingivitis.

Real oatmeal helps, so does whole grain oat cereals like cheerios and quaker oat squares I think. Cream of wheat works, but the molybdenum in the germ is bound sometimes.

If you take away the weapons they use to kill other necessary bacteria, then they can be controlled easier. Help out the other critters with other nationalities in your melting pot. Now a little copper supplement should be taken with molybdenum supplements or other problems can occur, a little over a hundred percent of the RDA in an active form of each is all you need most times. The rest can be gotten from increasing molybdenum foods.

Remember, If you were eating a lot of glutamine forming foods, they can cause a thickening of the intestines and that can make absorption of minerals harder. Glutamine actually stimulates healing by irritating the guts. Some is needed, too much is bad. Gluten turns to glutamine and tomato products add to glutamine pretty much. So do many starchy foods. Moderation.

Glutamine is an abundant and non-essential amino-acid which, when the body does not have a readily available source of glucose, the glutamine is converted into it.
Glutamine does not irritate the guts at all. It is however a vital source of energy for the cells lining the intestinal wall and it plays some part in the body's overall immune responses.
Glutamine is found naturally in high-protein foods such as meat, fish, beans, and dairy products.

I don't know where you get the tomato and glutamine connection from as as far as I know there isn't one.
Nor do I get the connection to glutamine and starchy foods.

Gluten does not turn into glutamine.
Only if you're playing Scrabble and you have the letters m n a e and i on your tray.

I don't believe you actually know what glutamine is and what it's function in the human body is either.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Now the question is, how do we mutate it into a zombie apocalypse walking dead style virus?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Put it together about tomatoes with these two links. There are many more on this subject.

www.livestrong.com...

nutritiondata.self.com...

Now glutamine is good for healing the gut, as I stated in my original post. But too much in an off balance diet leads to inflamation of the gut which leads to thickening of the membrane. It does increase mucosa by irritation but that is rarely a problem. Glutamine and gluatamic acid are interchangeable in the body, this is done in the small intestine.

The body creates things by inflamation. It creates muscles and bones and cartiledge. That is how exercise builds muscle. Glutamine is a necessary factor. But if the balance gets off, then problems occur. Either too much or too little as a percentage of intake or missing enzymes or mineral/vitamin deficiencies cause problems with these things.

You have to read a lot of articles to understand what I say, the thing is you have to direct your search to both extremes, too much or too little to find imbalance situations. Also evaluating necessary enzymes to properly utilize these nutrients is essential as well as minerals and vitamins. Companion foods and spices/herbs are also important.

Everything is connected, imbalances occur because we do not totally understand the chemistry of food so moderation is not easily figured out. Now cravings, if they aren't hijacked, are the easiest approach to accomplish this. We have been told not to trust our cravings because they are hijacked, but not everyones are. People who go to coops understand these real cravings somewhat better than the general public sometimes, but if they are too overboard they avoid foods they shouldn't avoid. Their knowledge gets in the way. My knowledge gets in the way sometimes, even though I try to ignore my knowledge and evaluate why I crave a reeses peanut butter cup sometimes. Later I get the shakes or head spins if I avoid buying one when I am staring at them when I am standing in line at the store. I should understand my hypoglycemia by now but my knowledge sometimes gets in the way.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

With hypoglycemia your saying digestion is important, and taking enzymes may help. This makes sense (sort of). Is it slow digestion that is the cause of the imbalance of bacteria and other stuff or is it the hypoglycemia that causes the slow digestion and therefore the ability for things to get out of balance?
Hope that makes sense.

I've tried to take enzymes and they cause crazy stomach pain. I cannot find any answers so this must not be a common reaction. I'm afraid to take them yet think they would help with the entire hypoglycemia/imbalance thing. I know how to treat things once they get off balance but it would be nice to prevent that to begin with. Do you have any clue why these would cause stomach pain?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You don't have to buy from an online store. Boric acid is very common and pill capsules are easy to buy. I think Amazon sells a giant bag for seven bucks.

As for the gut candida I would immediately go on a ketogenic diet. The mainstream medical community(based on false government guidelines in regard to fat consumption) does not support this diet even though it reduces issues across the board from heart disease to diabetes. Guess it doesn't fit the ra ra bread and dairy agenda that keeps their friends in business.

Honestly though even if you don't agree with the diet you'd still agree that there are many undiagnosed people out there with gluten and dairy sensitivities. Any diet limiting those might help with any gut issues especially pertaining to something like a fungus overgrowth. Right?

If candida overgrowth can be attributed to blood sugar issues then going on a diet where your body utilizes ketone bodies instead of dietary carbohydrates and sugar would make rational sense. Maybe that's just me.

Either way, it shouldn't even be an epidemic because it's such an easy thing to get under control. It's not even necessary to buy over the counter anything because boric acid works far better and is far cheaper anyway for topical and vaginal infections.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Put it together about tomatoes with these two links. There are many more on this subject.

www.livestrong.com...

nutritiondata.self.com...

Now glutamine is good for healing the gut, as I stated in my original post. But too much in an off balance diet leads to inflamation of the gut which leads to thickening of the membrane. It does increase mucosa by irritation but that is rarely a problem. Glutamine and gluatamic acid are interchangeable in the body, this is done in the small intestine.

The body creates things by inflamation. It creates muscles and bones and cartiledge. That is how exercise builds muscle. Glutamine is a necessary factor. But if the balance gets off, then problems occur. Either too much or too little as a percentage of intake or missing enzymes or mineral/vitamin deficiencies cause problems with these things.

You have to read a lot of articles to understand what I say, the thing is you have to direct your search to both extremes, too much or too little to find imbalance situations. Also evaluating necessary enzymes to properly utilize these nutrients is essential as well as minerals and vitamins. Companion foods and spices/herbs are also important.

Everything is connected, imbalances occur because we do not totally understand the chemistry of food so moderation is not easily figured out. Now cravings, if they aren't hijacked, are the easiest approach to accomplish this. We have been told not to trust our cravings because they are hijacked, but not everyones are. People who go to coops understand these real cravings somewhat better than the general public sometimes, but if they are too overboard they avoid foods they shouldn't avoid. Their knowledge gets in the way. My knowledge gets in the way sometimes, even though I try to ignore my knowledge and evaluate why I crave a reeses peanut butter cup sometimes. Later I get the shakes or head spins if I avoid buying one when I am staring at them when I am standing in line at the store. I should understand my hypoglycemia by now but my knowledge sometimes gets in the way.

It matters more not how many articles you've read but more importantly what you're able to understand.
Glutamime and glutamic acid are not interchangeable as you state. Read a few more articles on it. One may change into the other under certain circumstances.
Eating too many tomatoes will not have any effect on the levels of glutamine in your body.
Glutamime does not heal the intestine as you state, it's necessary for cell growth. A very different role and meaning indeed.

Can you explain to me how inflammation CREATES muscles, bones and cartilage please?
Inflammation plays a part in increasing muscle size under stress but it certainly doesn't create muscle.
It definitely plays no part at all in creating bones or cartilage.

I'm also still in the dark about the connection between gluten and glutamine.
I think you've forgotten to enlighten me on that one haven't you?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

You don't have to buy from an online store. Boric acid is very common and pill capsules are easy to buy. I think Amazon sells a giant bag for seven bucks.

As for the gut candida I would immediately go on a ketogenic diet. The mainstream medical community(based on false government guidelines in regard to fat consumption) does not support this diet even though it reduces issues across the board from heart disease to diabetes. Guess it doesn't fit the ra ra bread and dairy agenda that keeps their friends in business.

Honestly though even if you don't agree with the diet you'd still agree that there are many undiagnosed people out there with gluten and dairy sensitivities. Any diet limiting those might help with any gut issues especially pertaining to something like a fungus overgrowth. Right?

If candida overgrowth can be attributed to blood sugar issues then going on a diet where your body utilizes ketone bodies instead of dietary carbohydrates and sugar would make rational sense. Maybe that's just me.

Either way, it shouldn't even be an epidemic because it's such an easy thing to get under control. It's not even necessary to buy over the counter anything because boric acid works far better and is far cheaper anyway for topical and vaginal infections.

Candida overgrowth is nothing more than marketed woo.
Hence why I mentioned the lack of an online store on the links I posted.
It's a belief, it's not science.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Pickled beets or just beets can help with the betaine. You only need a few slices twice a week.

It is a complex issue, the actual cause of this may be a number of things. I have low stomach acid as well. The Betaine hydrochloride tablets I took for a while helped but I felt hungrier than I should have. My daughter has the same problem, she took them for a month and they started to bother her. She now takes the pills once in a while and it works great, usually before she eats certain foods.

The beets slowly break down lasting for a couple of days it seems. There is also other good chemistry in the beets that is missing in the pill. A small bottle of pickled beets lasts two weeks for a total of a buck fifty, and it is food on top of that, we need food anyway. So they actually do not cost much extra at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well, with all the research I have done on this subject from multiple reputable sources, I would have to say maybe you actually need to research it more. I have read a lot of articles on this subject, not just a few. Many are government sponsored research while others are medical research. Others are European research articles. I go in spurts, reading anywhere from twenty to fifty articles at a time to clarify what I read. Most summaries I read are partly wrong, they are not addressing companion chemistry found in foods themselves. They look at just one or two chemicals in the food and disregard the spin of light refraction in some supplements and foods.

But you can believe what you want, trust in your knowledge, but I know what you are saying is not right, it is like a summary of one person's point of view not related to conditions found in real situations. Sure, if you are one in fifty that has a normal metabolism throughout your life that matches the "normal classification" than you are right, I am trying to address an issue involving what possibly causes candida overload for some people, not the people who do not have problems with it.

If you study the citric acid cycle, you can see how energy is made. But that does not mean that you can figure out from that list the problems that can occur. You have to study the creation of every part of the cycle and deficiencies or genetic and epigenetic changes that could lead to these problems. You have to study coenzymes involved in creating the citric acid cycle players. I haven't started on this research yet, it will probably take me a month of research on one complex to see what problems can occur. The information on this cycle I see when I research it is so vague, but the particulars to it are available. That will probably be something I study in the fall. With all the information I do uncover, I still will not be able to conclude much, just tell people what could be tried to solve a problem. Adding vitamin C to the diet if anyone of the steps is messed up can lead to serious complications. I have only read about thirty specialized articles on this subject so far. Enough to get started. Most doctors are not trained to aleviate problems, they prescribe medicines to treat symptoms, medicines and supplements that may cause problems of their own called side effects. If they had the time to research what I do and have the articles to read, they could possibly steer people better to help solve their problems instead of treating symptoms that can have a variety of causes.

edit on 12-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interesting discussion. I read an article last night that suggested overgrowth of candida comes from metal poisoning. But, of course, a product was being sold. However, the assertion was that if a person has mercury, lead, copper, etc. poisoning, the body will overgrow candida as an immune system response, as the candida binds with the metal molecularly, and so keeps it from absorbing fully into the organs and tissues. The article went on to suggest that candida overgrowth, parasitic issues, etc., were a chain reation resulting sometimes from heavy metal poisoning.

As for Pardon?'s assertion that candida overgrowth is a belief, not a fact….certainly, do you doubt that systemic fungus exists, or just candida? Of course, there are many other systemically possible fungi…
tetra

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Interesting discussion. I read an article last night that suggested overgrowth of candida comes from metal poisoning. But, of course, a product was being sold. However, the assertion was that if a person has mercury, lead, copper, etc. poisoning, the body will overgrow candida as an immune system response, as the candida binds with the metal molecularly, and so keeps it from absorbing fully into the organs and tissues. The article went on to suggest that candida overgrowth, parasitic issues, etc., were a chain reation resulting sometimes from heavy metal poisoning.

As for Pardon?'s assertion that candida overgrowth is a belief, not a fact….certainly, do you doubt that systemic fungus exists, or just candida? Of course, there are many other systemically possible fungi…
tetra

The article is probably correct but the reasoning may be a little wrong. Heavy metals can be chelated out of the body by increasing molybdenum consumption tied to increasing sulfur food consumption. Normally doing this for a couple of months can help control the candida populations. If you do it for longer, you will need to supplement a little copper, zinc, and a few other minerals that get chelated out also.

Copper deficiencies can cause fungal overgrowth and so can too much copper. Now lead and mercury mess with the electrical signaling in the body and can also cause a problem with the immune system and also thinking processes.

Do you remember what the product was so I can study it's composition?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Western medicine does not acknowledge systemic candida overgrowth or the various physical and psychological maladies that overgrowth causes.
Western medicine throws pills at the symptoms.
Western pharamceutical companies make buku bucks off of antidepressants, sleeping aids, and diet pills.
These do nothing to fight the underlying candida, but guarantee that if the patient stops taking their "morning happy pull", the symptom will no longer be masked and they'll resume feeling like ass.
Chase it even further down the rabbit hole, everytime you eat pseudo-"food" at a fast food restaurant or out of a package with a shelf life longer than that of fresh food, you're feeding the candida. European studies have also shown that most GMO "food" is very candida friendly. Most standard meat sold in the USA is so heavily treated with antibiotics that it acts as a poison to the beneficial gut flora. Do some research on the connections between the big pharma companies and the major food providers in America. (Here's a freebe... Steven Goldstone: Chairman of ConAgra Foods, has served as Merck Pharmaceuticals director since 2007. Merck is considered cutting edge in the so-called "anti"-depressant market while ConAgra produces a huge array of GMO and long-term shelf stable so-called "food".)

ETA: By not treating the underlying Candida and throwing an improper chemical "solution" at the symptom of anxiety and depression, what ultimately happens is you have an individual still suffering from candida who now also has a major chemical imbalance. That equals a snap, which often occurs in the form of a spree killing or violent episode in America. Again, since we're dealing with massive amounts of money, interwoven corporate incestuousness, and unspeakable political power, firearms or movies or videogames or music is blamed and the media is silenced about the real impact of these posionous drugs.
edit on 12-7-2014 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Candida and wheat allergies are the biggest culprit to nearly all auto immune, allergy and chronic health issues that people have. And doctors are too stupid to understand how to cure it. Doctors do not understand nutrition, only drugs. For years I suffered with athletes foot, Id go to the doctor and he would give me creams and ointments, all unsucsessful. So I took it upon myself to research it, turns out athletes foot is a Yeast allergy. I gave up beer, breads and anything with yeast in it. and with in two weeks, my condition had completely cleared up. People need to avoid sugars also as this feeds candida, if you have taken antibiotics, then you are at a great risk for candida. high doses of probiotics will be needed to reintroduce the proper bacteria for your gut to normalize.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Well, with all the research I have done on this subject from multiple reputable sources, I would have to say maybe you actually need to research it more. I have read a lot of articles on this subject, not just a few. Many are government sponsored research while others are medical research. Others are European research articles. I go in spurts, reading anywhere from twenty to fifty articles at a time to clarify what I read. Most summaries I read are partly wrong, they are not addressing companion chemistry found in foods themselves. They look at just one or two chemicals in the food and disregard the spin of light refraction in some supplements and foods.

But you can believe what you want, trust in your knowledge, but I know what you are saying is not right, it is like a summary of one person's point of view not related to conditions found in real situations. Sure, if you are one in fifty that has a normal metabolism throughout your life that matches the "normal classification" than you are right, I am trying to address an issue involving what possibly causes candida overload for some people, not the people who do not have problems with it.

If you study the citric acid cycle, you can see how energy is made. But that does not mean that you can figure out from that list the problems that can occur. You have to study the creation of every part of the cycle and deficiencies or genetic and epigenetic changes that could lead to these problems. You have to study coenzymes involved in creating the citric acid cycle players. I haven't started on this research yet, it will probably take me a month of research on one complex to see what problems can occur. The information on this cycle I see when I research it is so vague, but the particulars to it are available. That will probably be something I study in the fall. With all the information I do uncover, I still will not be able to conclude much, just tell people what could be tried to solve a problem. Adding vitamin C to the diet if anyone of the steps is messed up can lead to serious complications. I have only read about thirty specialized articles on this subject so far. Enough to get started. Most doctors are not trained to aleviate problems, they prescribe medicines to treat symptoms, medicines and supplements that may cause problems of their own called side effects. If they had the time to research what I do and have the articles to read, they could possibly steer people better to help solve their problems instead of treating symptoms that can have a variety of causes.

I'll say it again, reading does not equal comprehension.
Who has quantified what you've read? I'm guessing just you.
I could read a hundred articles a week on quantum physics but would that make me knowledgeable and an expert?
No, not in the least.
And the difference between you and I is that I wouldn't pretend to be either.

You're still dodging the gluten statement you made.
Back it up with evidence please.
In terms a physiologist like I will understand.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

tetra

Candida overgrowth as discussed on this thread is a belief, really it is.
I'm guessing no-one has bothered to read the links I posted earlier in case it disturbs that belief.
Typical.

And someone in another post said "western medicine".......

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

This article addresses some of the issues you have addressed. Now this is not one of my scientific sites, just a summary I once evaluated and verified by investigating real research evidence. Some of these kind of sites are dead on meaning they have done much investigation and some trial and error learning...which means they needed to research deeper into things. glutendoctors.blogspot.com...

I'm not saying everything on this site is real, I only investigated the gluten/glutamine and glutamate connections and metabolic pathways. I pretty much understand this subject, but always have more to learn....unlike you who seems to know everything already and does not research anything with an open mind that does not coincide with your beliefs.

edit on 13-7-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I have a question since you say you are a physiologist. I was reading an article that addressed how goiterogens work. It addressed isothiocyanates actually increasing the activity of the thyroid by locking to the same receptors that Iodine attach to. The article was written by someone who seemed extremely knowledgeable in this subject. The article said that the cyanide compound exited the thyroid but led to cysts and swelling over a period of time if the foods were eaten too frequently. I can't find any articles to verify or to discount this information when I search. The method of how certain foods can cause disease of the thyroid is an interest of mine. I know how to cancel out the negative effects of broccoli, but would still like to understand the way it causes the problems it does because foods like the condiment mustard contain isothiocyanates created by the addition of vinegar to the ground mustard seed. Mustard has lots of beneficial properties if eaten at the right time, I am trying to figure out the timing of consumption and relating it to symptoms.

Because I disagree with your assertion in one kind of study does not mean I disagree with your knowledge of other things. You might have the knowledge to help me with this curiosity.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It's not a belief, you can read my story on the 1st page and I can assure you that my panic attacks/anxiety/agorophobia stemmed from systemic candida. I could visually see them dying off as I went through my treatment 1st through water fasting and then by the protocol I used.
It was not something in my mind, I had visible die off of them coming out of my urine, I also suffered from a condition called angular chelitis which would occur at least once a week and there is no cure for it or even any recognised treatments for it.
What I would have to use is Canesten Hydrocortisone which is used for yeast infections on the open sores and they would go only for them to return within a week.
Since I rid myself of candida I no longer get angular chelitis which according to Wikipedia and I quote "Where Candida species are involved, angular cheilitis is classed as a type of oral candidiasis, specifically a primary (group I) Candida-associated lesion"
If you are really in the business of physiology I would suggest you should change your profession as you have no clue what you are talking about regarding this condition.

<< 1    3 >>

join