It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to find balance with the immigration issue.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: tridentblue
a reply to: Diderot

Yeah, I agree with that, kids are kids are kids. Kindness and respect are key to maintaining our dignity as a nation in situations like this. These are our nighbors, local people.

I don't know about your neighbors but mine are not 1500 plus miles away.

Same here MG. I live in the South, rural mountain area. As you understand the South, there is a church on about every corner in the small towns that dot the landscape up here. And all Churches up here have food banks to help the community when times are tough for some families.

Starting last year, the local food banks started running out of food, and fast. What the problem was, truckloads of illegals from down the mountain near Atlanta, would caravan up here, and wipe out the food banks every month.

It got so bad, they had to make new rules that you had to be a resident of the County to come for the free food. Otherwise there would be none for our own local families with young kids.

This is only a microcosm of what is happening to our whole Country now.

Des

I don't think a person would ever find kinder hearts than in the south or the rest of the country for that matter. But I don't think most people understand until it affects them directly, and at some point they realize there just isn't enough money anymore. The burden forced on smaller communities is unfair to say the least, My mom and brother still live in So. Cal. frustrated would be an understatement. Specially since my mom can throw a rock to the protesting.

I am having a garage and office built here and California is starting to follow me. Every contractor here is worried and/or upset because of the influx of illegal cheap labor. I know from news reports they are slated to be delivered to VA if they aren't already here. It's part of the redistricting republican districts the backdoor way. Number one construction job to be lost to illegals is masonry and concrete. I am glad I am too old for this stuff anymore, but the kids are going to have to deal with it. I was asked on a visit the other day of the step kids what they should pursue in the way of work, my reply was anything an illegal can't immediately do.

You are right we need to take care of our own first.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I too relocated back to the east coast. The west just became too damn overwhelming. Fortunately so far we haven't had an influx of immigrants to this area yet, and I stress yet, so work isn't hard to find. After years of competing out west for the same jobs over and over its nice to know I've got some easy time here. But your absolutely right, my nieces and nephews are going to have a hard time of it if try to fly by the seat of their pants like I did when I was younger.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join