It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to find balance with the immigration issue.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I just responded to a thread, previously posted concerning uninsured illegals supposedly responsible for accidents. This thread brought up many questions I've asked myself of late hence the new thread. I recently wrote a rant about it and when I went to post the thread I somehow deleted it instead. Being a Buddhist, I realized my balance of thought was off, hence the deletion.

So here's a new attempt.

I lived in southern California for darn near fourth years. Specifically in the San Fernando valley. Living there from the age of ten, I was front and center as a watcher of the phenomena of illegal immigration. I also worked in the construction industry for several decades while being privy to this phenom.

I watched as an industry exploded. I watched as family and friends skilled in the const. arts made great livings doing fine work just to have the industry begin peacemealing out those same jobs to unskilled cheap labor just to save a buck.

Don't get me wrong, I have worked, shovel in hand side by side with many of them, year after year striving to keep a roof over my head just as they were. Often times losing out to two or three that would work for what it cost to keep me on. So I got smarter, learned to read and interpret plans, learned good communication skills. All without formal education. I succeeded the times.

However, there came a time when my mother had been gravely ill for 8 months, mostly in ICU, each day was a life and death situation. Around the 8th month period, after losing a nephew to an accidental suicide, fighting for my mom's life daily spending all of my time at the hospital, by June of 2010 my body began to break. The only thing I could liken it to was ptsd. I felt one night like I was having a heart attack. Shortness of breath, pain in my left arm severe anxiety. All the symptoms. Hadn't worked in months. No money. Drove my self to the hospital. Spent twelve hours under observation on an ekg, with four nitro pills in my system and low and behold nothing.

Mind you I had no insurance at the time, between jobs of course. So I sought out financial assistance from the local government.

I jumped through the hoops, filled out the twenty pages of paperwork, had payed my taxes. Went in to receive my final decision. I sat there and watched at least a dozen individuals who couldn't even speak the language be handed checks and cash them for them to boot. I thought cool! This shouldn't be too much trouble. I saw Cinderella man. Get the money. Pay it back if you can.

No, I had a beautiful Hispanic girl call me up and tell me I wasn't eligible for assistance given my specific parameters. I asked her, do you understand I'm broke and have to be able to get to my mother on a daily bases because the rest of my family is depending on me. She said, why yes, but I can't give it to you! The state can't give it to you ! Because you have made too much money in the past.

Needless to say I lost it, granted only verbally, but I did, probably a good thing I didn't have a concealed carry at the time.

Anyway how would anybody who have spent there life paying into the system respond to that. What are your thoughts on the "illegal immigration issue" because that is exactly what it is.
edit on 10-7-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

I'd like to eta that most of these individuals I've personally run into over the years have been peace loving, family oriented individuals just looking to make a better life for there family's. Their hard working reasonable, for the most part, people. I guess I just have a hard time with how they came to be here and difficulty with justifying that act wit relevance to reneging American citizens with the same benefits afforded to those that are here illegally.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

The system is broken.

Medical, financial, and criminal.

The whole system is so jacked up there will never be a fix.

Sorry to be so down about it but it is the truth.

We live in a society where it pays to be lazy, poor, ignorant, and clueless.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I know it's broke. He'll I've known it for a he'll of a long time. That doesn't mean it's unfixable. It's the laws that create the boundary and it's the die hard not going to retire, f-in law makers that need to be removed so we can fix it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Im unimpressed with everything Ive heard about this situation. Why are an army of children from central America camped out on the border anyway? No one answers that. Therefore I am unimpressed with all of them, because none are speaking to the cause.

My sense is that these kids are important to their parents, and should be treated with kindness whatever the ultimate solution is. The clownshow of people making bold political stances, without any explanation of why the situation is happening in the first place, doesnt impress me. These kids are indigenous to this continent, those who would condemn them should step back and think twice about whats really compassionate and wise.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

First off I'm sorry for everything you've been through. Nobody deserves that but unfortunately it seems that god of love just keeps on giving decent people the shaft.

America is no longer for Americans, it is for voting blocks that can get corrupt politicians re-elected. This means illegal aliens with no ID etc, etc. TPTB here do not care about you or me or anyone else. Just themselves.

What are your thoughts on the "illegal immigration issue"

That's simple. Every illegal should be rounded up and jailed until we can ship them back to where ever the hell they came from. If they show up again at the border a harsher response is obviously needed until they finally get the picture. Myself I don't care how harsh the response is, moats, crocodiles, land mines, it's all OK with me.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

I didn't mention anything about kids, if you you think that this problem is indenic of the recent influx of children due to present circumstances you are sadly miss informed. This shot has been going on for decades. F$&@ing decades. Wake the !#$k up!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Lol, that's some funny $h!t

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
For too many years I have seen fraud and deceit from illegals. Stolen identities, fraudulent documents, jobs being taken from citizens...For too many years I have seen illegals get benefits of cheap housing, food, medical and whatever while our poor citizens are un-employed, homeless and hungry. With every amnesty came millions more of illegals. And they kept coming and coming and coming and there seems to be no end. It is unfair and a slap in the face to our citizens. It is unfair and a slap in the face to every immigrant coming here through the proper channels. There have also been thousands of deaths caused by illegals with numerous arrests and deportations. It is like a revolving door, they get deported and come right back again.

edit on 10-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Darlin, it's become the American dream!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

These kids are indigenous to this continent, those who would condemn them should step back and think twice about whats really compassionate and wise.

Tell me Sir, is it compassionate and wise to allow illegals to be catered to/ taken care of, while we have desperately poor, homeless and hungry children of our own here? If we can't take care of our own, we have no business taking care of anyone else.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sorry to hear you have needed help, like many of us have, and have been turned down.

I don't directly blame the illegals. They are being lied to, in a sense, promissed an easier life, etc.

The idea, I feel, is to drag the whole system down, and break it.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
For too many years I have seen fraud and deceit from illegals. Stolen identities, fraudulent documents, jobs being taken from citizens...For too many years I have seen illegals get benefits of cheap housing, food, medical and whatever while our poor citizens are un-employed, homeless and hungry. With every amnesty came millions more of illegals. And they kept coming and coming and coming and there seems to be no end. It is unfair and a slap in the face to our citizens. It is unfair and a slap in the face to every immigrant coming here through the proper channels. There have also been thousands of deaths caused by illegals with numerous arrests and deportations. It is like a revolving door, they get deported and come right back again.

I can't even tell you how many times I worked with these individuals that left the country to go go see their families and two months later they would be back at the job.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

That's simple. Every illegal should be rounded up and jailed until we can ship them back to where ever the hell they came from. If they show up again at the border a harsher response is obviously needed until they finally get the picture. Myself I don't care how harsh the response is, moats, crocodiles, land mines, it's all OK with me.

I don't care how nice or 'law abiding' an illegal happens to be. They're a drain on our economy. The Republicans and Democrats with all their non-solutions are a drain. Law enforcement (that doesn't enforce) is a drain. Etc.

What am I paying taxes for again? I forget.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
They are ours. Latinos, genetically are a mix between European people and American Indians. This is their land as much as it is yours and mine. They are Americans, in the broader sense of the word, by blood. I don't want to see white europeans not given a chance to live in their native land in europe, I dont want to see black people not given a chance to live in africa, I dont want to see jews pushed out of Israel, and I dont want to see the great grandsons and daughters of the people who built the mayan pyamids when colombus was an itch in his grandfathers pants withou freedom to live in their lands, the Americas.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Just incase your wondering whether or not I have a balanced perspective of the immigration issue, I have a step mother from Colombia who married my dad 15 years ago and has taken care of him for through the worst Times of his health life he ever encountered. And I love her with all my heart. But I will say this she came here legally.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

The system is broken.

Medical, financial, and criminal.

The whole system is so jacked up there will never be a fix.

Sorry to be so down about it but it is the truth.

We live in a society where it pays to be lazy, poor, ignorant, and clueless.

You left out one...illegal.

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It is time to drop all Borders and create one Humanitarian Structure Globally.

The rich must be disenfranchised and Humanity must begin to evolve forward again.

We must enact Global Humanitarian Re-location bring the people to the resources ,we need to manage the entire planet on behalf of Humanity as defined via one singular Global enitity.

We have no choice.

The only people hurt by this change are the Filthy Few Rich people.

edit on 10-7-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Like it or not there are distinct borders for the US. There not changing anytime soon. Being present means also recognizing that present borders exist for a reason.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Who is we?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

By the by, these kids are not indigenous to this continent, are you kidding me those kids were born in central America, get real, there twice removed ancestors may have been born, here but certainly not them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join