It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standoff with Murder Suspect in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

"Harris County constables are in a standoff with a person suspected of shooting seven people in a home. Five of the victims died."

Standoff with Murder Suspect in Texas

Didn't see it posted anywhere, did a site search and a Google site search..if it's open mods please close.

Also being reported by PzFeed... Follow

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
Officials confirm 4 children and 2 adults killed in Texas mass shooting; standoff with suspect continues

PzFeed Top News
‏@PzFeed
BREAKING: 5 dead, 2 injured in shooting at Spring, TX home; car fled scene, now in standoff with cops

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
BREAKING: Death toll rises to 6 in Spring, TX mass shooting - KTRK

PzFeed Top News
@PzFeed
SWAT truck pushed again car with quintuple-homicide suspect inside.

Thought this was a pretty interesting pic from the scenario.

Second SWAT vehicle boxing in the suspect.

edit on 9-7-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Another tragic story.

Hope the bastard fries in hell!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Apparently this was a domestic dispute gone tragic. Victims range in age from 5 to 40. Apparently the suspect was headed to another relative's home to continue his rampage before he was intercepted by law enforcement.

My heart goes out to this family.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I guess this is why cops need armored vehicles?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

very tragic. i'm saddened that these kinds of things occur for everyone involved.

On the related tangent of armored vehicles..
Doesn't anyone think 2 armored troop transports is a bit overkill for one crazy dude in something like a '98 acura?

Domestic policing forces will be using drones soon, and a couple years later they will add missiles or guns to them. Mark it down. It's going to happen.

edit on 9-7-2014 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Doesn't anyone think 2 armored troop transports is a bit overkill for one crazy dude in something like a '98 acura?

Nope..when a cowardly criminal decides to kill 6 people , 4 of which are kids, I hope they come down as hard as they can on this guy.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I don't know.

Millionaire farmer has his cows graze free. Then snipers are posted on overpasses?!? Yes. Snipers. Armed with high powered rifles in positions of opportunity...

That is rebellion.

They have the pictures of those holding rifles while traffic drove by in their sights. If I were to go on an overpass with a high powered rifle with a scope...what would happen to me?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Tragic story.

Would be great if one day someone could use a home-made stealth drone to take their own pictures/vids of crime scenes as they are happening. TPTB will make that illegal though, but I don't see how if the drone taking images is using a high quality zoom lens and keeping a fair distance. Would make it harder for the media and TPTB make things up/propaganda/disinfo/misinfo etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: igor_ats

I was thinking the same thing. But thats a good hour drive for me.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thats weird because Harris County Sheriffs don't wear army fatigues.

Also those are Constable cars not Harris County Sheriff.

ugh nevermind
edit on 9-7-2014 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Before being flown to the hospital, one of the wounded was able to tell police that the shooting arose from a domestic dispute involving "someone who had left the family."

Herman said the victim, a female, gave them a description of the person, the type of car he was in, and said he was on his way to kill other family members at another address.

Authorities were dispatched to the home of the relatives a short distance away, near Ponderosa and Anvil, and arrived just before Haskell.

"As soon as they got over there, he came driving up, and that's when the chase started," Herman said, crediting the victim's information with saving the relatives' lives.

www.chron.com...

She most likely saved their lives. This may have been the the girl. I hope she holds on and makes it through.

edit on 7/10/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The capital-murder suspect in the shootings deaths of six members of a family at their Spring home apparently posed as delivery man to gain entry to the house, officials said Thursday.

Ron Lee Haskell, 33, wore a FedEx pullover shirt when he arrived at the home about 5:50 p.m. Wednesday at 711 Leaflet Lane, said Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Ron Hickman.

Hickman did not know what Haskell said to the people who greeted him at the door, but he may have worn the shirt to appear to be a FedEx worker.

Hickman said it is likely the children would not have recognized Haskell when he arrived at their home because he lives in another state and they did not know him very well, if at all.

The shooting appears to have been sparked by a domestic dispute involving a divorce, Hickman said. Haskell's wife is related to one of the victims.

www.chron.com...

Wife's kin ... Doesn't live there ... this is weird ...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: JHumm

very tragic. i'm saddened that these kinds of things occur for everyone involved.

Domestic policing forces will be using drones soon, and a couple years later they will add missiles or guns to them. Mark it down. It's going to happen.

I think this is a case of "use it if ya got it". Which will also most likely be used in future events, because it's there and more effective while safe for them

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another unfortunate event. I wonder what are these guys thinking. I mean, going against the law? Why bother?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Ronald Lee Haskell, 33, traveled to the family's four-bedroom home in a leafy community off Interstate 45 and demanded to know the whereabouts of his ex-wife, a relative of the family
Haskell's ex-wife is the sister of Katie Stay. The woman briefly lived at the home several months ago, according to a family friend.

www.chron.com...

Authorities in Utah said Haskell had several involvements with the Logan City Police Department, and was incarcerated in the Cache County Jail in 2008. He was booked into the Cache County Jail on charges of simple assault and child abuse or neglect, both class B misdemeanors, on June 5, 2008. He has had other involvements with Logan City police and had a protective order served on him by deputies from the Cache County Sheriff's office in July 2013.

Logan police Capt. Tyson Budge said the 2008 domestic violence and child abuse charges arose from an incident in which he had pulled his wife by the hair and punched her in the side of her head in front of children.

In October 2013, he was arrested for violating a newly issued protective order by showing up at the elementary school of his children. Budge said that because the alleged violation occurred on the same day that he'd been issued the protective order, authorities didn't prosecute him.

The man was demonstrating abusive behavior. No wonder his wife left. He needed help with that problem but I bet he didn't see his part.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I am starting to think there's something in the water up in Spring.
First that "boy under the stairs" thing.
Now this.

new topics

top topics

join