It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Vials of Smallpox Discovered in Laboratory Near Washington

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If the government starts giving out free blankets run for the hills.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
In this case it's going to be an oversight by someone who was working on a cure, and then got sidetracked. I don't know how they get rid of this stuff but it's a good thing no one has dropped a box while doing this work. It would be a bummer after years of attempts to eradicate to have it that very attempt kill millions.

I looked at the link about 19 mysterious outbreaks since 2008. While it says most are probably due to natural mutations there is a chance some aren't. However, I don't think our government is in on this. Anyone who released this stuff in their own region would get sick too. Terrorists would do it though. It's a very real fear that should include heavier checks and balances. Imagine a rogue person infiltrating Africa, getting a hold of the Ebola virus, and figuring out how to release it. I'm not sure how it hasn't happened already given it is likely easy, and it could take a nation to its knees. Just luck is my guess.

The terrorists work for the US government, they wear a suit and tie every day with their little American flag pin, just like Obama bin laden. Wake up.
edit on 11-7-2014 by AnahataN because: Clarification.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My husband works at a level 2 bio facility that is corporate. If they had even a sniff of something this egregiously wrong, the government would shut them down so fast they'd be dizzy! But because this is a government facility just like the CDC where those workers were exposed to anthrax ... it's business as usual.

Not true.....I briefly had a position reviewing the controls of toxic waste dumps (the ones that take the really scary stuff). They were caught once......slap on the wrist.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join