It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald Identifies Several American Victims of NSA's Unconstitutional Domestic-Spying Operation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I guess i'm the odd man out here.

Who is theNSA supposed to be checking on, a 95 year old granny in a nursing home?

Seriously people? An Iranian and active Muslim activists, why shouldn't they be checked out?

Double standard on ATS again.

Wow. No.

One guy was a Republican. Really active in the republican party. I hope these guys sue the NSA, file lawsuits and raise a huge stink. These guys didn't deserve to be spied on. No more than you or me.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I just have one question,

How can you be certain that these people are not spies. Just Google the people that have been caught spying. They were mostly well to do people thay served their country well.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: amazing

I just have one question,

How can you be certain that these people are not spies. Just Google the people that have been caught spying. They were mostly well to do people thay served their country well.

Of course we can't, specifically. But we know that the NSA spies on innocent civilians all the time and innocent world leaders and well everyone on earth basically. That we're now naming names and giving name and face to this evil that is the NSA will finally bring about some protest and change. They're probably spying on me, for being on here, yet I am not a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
By your reasoning, TSA security should become a lot quicker to get through... for MOST of us. a reply to: liejunkie01

Seriously people? An Iranian and active Muslim activists, why shouldn't they be checked out? Double standard on ATS again.

edit on 13-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It doesn't matter who may be a spy. Giving up our civil liberties is not worth catching some spies. a reply to: liejunkie01

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hell, we're the ones getting caught with spies in allied countries. Two of our (former) assets have been ousted in Germany. The Chief of Station (highest ranking CIA officer in a country) has been asked to leave immediately, rather than be put through the diplomatic wringer of being declared "persona non grata" by Germany.

John Brennan, Director of the Agency, has even offered Germany a position in the Five Eyes intel network, but Merkel's not having it. She lived for 35 years in communist East Germany, as the daughter of a Protestant pastor, and endured special scrutiny from the state-security service, the Stasi.

U.S. Offered Berlin 'Five Eyes' Pact. Merkel Was Done With It

This is huge, and probably deserving of a separate thread, if one hasn't been made yet today.

Emerson came to the July 9 meeting with an offer authorized in Washington: provide Germany a U.S. intelligence-sharing agreement resembling one available only to four other nations. The goal was to assuage Merkel and prevent the expulsion of the Central Intelligence Agency’s chief of station in Berlin.

It wasn’t enough.

The same morning, across the boundary once marked by the Berlin Wall, Merkel convened her top ministers following the 9:30 a.m. Cabinet meeting on the sixth floor of the Chancellery and resolved to ask the U.S. intelligence chief to leave German soil.

Merkel also signaled displeasure with U.S. spying at a news conference in Berlin on July 10. Within an hour, her office issued a statement saying that the two new investigations into U.S. cloak-and-dagger methods, on top of “questions over the past months” following leaks on National Security Agency activity, forced the government to take action.

At that point, the U.S. intelligence officer was invited to leave the country rather than suffer the diplomatic ignominy of being declared “persona non grata” and expelled under the Vienna Convention. Merkel’s spokesman, Steffen Seibert, said yesterday that the government expected the unidentified official to leave the country “soon.”

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 14-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: Nevermind

top topics

<< 1   >>

join