It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House requests $3.7 billion in emergency funds for border crisis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
So which position are you

a. Obama isn't doing enough to stop the flood of illegals
b. Obama is wasting tax payers money on air surveillance, border patrols, detention centers to stop illegals.

You cant be both, but most of you seem to think being hypocritical is good as long as its Obama your attacking.

Its hard to even discuss topics with Americans logically. Its painful, frankly you deserve what you get!

Bad government - selfish, obnoxious citizens, fat-guntoting-pill popping droptards.
Lax gun rights - school massacres and shopping centre shootings

Your so ignorant even when your president does something good, you still attack him.

Wow.. figuring that you don't live in America... and how arrogant you are coming across, I would guess that you are French? lol... hahahaha... a frenchman giving advice!!!! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH Ok.. I guess we could just send all of our Illegals to France... yeah.. France, because they welcome illegals with open arms right?? Wait.. no.. I forgot with 91,000 or so illegals would cause the whole nation to surrender.. to women and children.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

like I said, I don't know if its lack of education or your inability to read but people like you and others who criticize Obama for any reason under the sun are a bigger threat to your nation than anyone else.

you've turned this into a ''how weak are the French argument'' all because I don't agree with your endless slander of Obama.

shame, I wish American could turn back the clock to the 60's. At least your people were somewhat less doped up, illiterate, fat and ignorant. I mean really, the French?

Obama's doing something about illegals crossing the border, he's asking congress (initially he wasn't going to) for money to invest in more patrols, more surveillance, more detention centers. you've all spent the last god knows how many years criticizing his lack of action, he's acting, now your criticizing him for wasting money fighting illegals?
edit on am432318092014-07-09T04:32:38-05:00042014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Rather than ask Congress, I can think of a lot of places to get the money.

Maybe we can use a small portion of the big bucks that Obamacare was going to save us.

Maybe we could cut back on the NSA spying program.

Maybe Obama could solicit donations from all the organizations that support illegal immigrants. As I recall, the Catholic Church supports illegal immigration, 4 billion would be pocket change for them. Perhaps the Vatican could take in ten or twenty thousand. Then there are the multi-millionaire congressmen and celebrities that support amnesty, hit them up for a few bucks.

Maybe we could ask for foreign aid from all those countries to whom we've given foreign aid. Egypt, Israel, et. al., help a brother out, here.

America loves outsourcing jobs, maybe we could outsource the detention and processing facilities. India, learn to speak Spanish. China, we may have found occupants for your ghost cities.

Maybe we could get a bailout from the big banks.

So many options ...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So......more money to fund more Non-US citizens.

Sounds like this Admin summed up is one sentence.

Illegals, ISIS, any ME country with their hand out..........

(post by o0oTOPCATo0o removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Obama's doing something about illegals crossing the border, he's asking congress (initially he wasn't going to) for money to invest in more patrols, more surveillance, more detention centers. you've all spent the last god knows how many years criticizing his lack of action, he's acting, now your criticizing him for wasting money fighting illegals?

Too little, too late, too corrupt and too many lies.

0bama has had 6 years to do something about the Border, yet he didn't.

The Federal Govt as a whole has fought back against ANY state that was pushing to make it harder to cross the border and to hold for deportation illegals.

The requested money is a lie and a ruse. Plain and simple.

Every illegal needs to be returned to their country of origin.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

a reply to: kdyam

like I said, I don't know if its lack of education or your inability to read but people like you and others who criticize Obama for any reason under the sun are a bigger threat to your nation than anyone else.

you've turned this into a ''how weak are the French argument'' all because I don't agree with your endless slander of Obama.

shame, I wish American could turn back the clock to the 60's. At least your people were somewhat less doped up, illiterate, fat and ignorant. I mean really, the French?

he's a democrat, he's left of center, and he's the first black president...all things that keep the conservatives in permanent outrage mode. you need look no further than this website....by the way....here's the legislation that was signed into law by George Bush in 2008 regarding this very problem, that Obama is required to follow....
www.nytimes.com...
it's just mentally easier to blame Obama, and spew outrage.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Too little, too late, too corrupt and too many lies.

0bama has had 6 years to do something about the Border, yet he didn't.

The Federal Govt as a whole has fought back against ANY state that was pushing to make it harder to cross the border and to hold for deportation illegals.

The requested money is a lie and a ruse. Plain and simple.

Every illegal needs to be returned to their country of origin.

riiiiight...he's done nothing, you keep thinking that. so why haven't the republicans in congress voted to overturn that 2008 law (www.state.gov...) that Obama has to enforce?.....I guess you think Obama is responsible for that too.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What has 0bama done to reinforce the border???

Very simple question.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Obama is responsible,he goes on national tv for amnesty,what do you think is going to happen?Invite the entire 3rd world to our borders,make under the table deals with La Raza,defend illegal immigration,cry about the poor children.
What exactly did you think was going to happen?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

or

c. to stupid to know whats going on, but because others are throwing mud at Obama you'll join in, because its cool!

don't bother answering, its obvious. None of you actually care about the illegals coming in, or the fact Obama is asking congress for money to tackle the problem. Its Obama, that's all you need to know.

An analogy...

So, my wife tells me that since the snow was bad last year I had better fix the lawn tractor in the summer or fall and add a plow to the front to clean out the 145 foot driveway, so we can do the usual things like buy groceries or if someone needs to go to the hospital, etc. However, I procrastinate and winter comes, the snow piles up. It's ok for the first month, we have lots of food, but the second month we start running out and the wife gets sick and has to go to the hospital. So the ambulance comes and the guys trudge through from the road to get her and I have to get the lawn tractor fixed and a plow mounted in the most expensive time of the season. But I figure I'll just get someone in to plow the driveway for now, because that will make it so I can get her from the hospital and buy any food or meds, even though it will cost me about half of what it costs to add the plow and fix the tractor. But I'll get the guy who does the plowing to front me the cost so I can pay for it later using the excuse that I can't get to the bank.

I get the wife home, I get her meds and food and everything I need and time passes, I forget about fixing the tractor again, after all who wants to sit out in the snow, plowing, it's cold out there? Two weeks later another snow storm hits, the tractor isn't fixed, doesn't have a plow on the front and the wife needs to go back to the hospital for more tests. Rinse and repeat a few times. In the end I have paid to have the tractor done three or four times over by March in the cost of bringing people in to fix my snow problem, but I haven't paid any of them yet.

The biggest snow storm comes at the end of March and drops two feet of snow on my driveway. The wife is pissed off because I procrastinated for so long and cost us extra money we don't have and can't pay because it was borrowed and tells me to go shovel the driveway. So I go out and start to clean the driveway by hand using a shovel. I figure I am going to move 5600 cubic feet of snow by hand at 55 years old which is just stupid. I get through the first 10 feet of driveway and have a heart attack. The driveway is still full of snow, the wife doesn't notice me on the ground for 10 minutes and the ambulance and EMP can't get to me in time, so I die. All out of procrastination and stupidity.

Obama has procrastinated and by not taking action when he should have (and fixed the problem), has created an ongoing problem that will only increase in cost as time passes. It's just peachie that he's asking congress for more "other people's money" than it would have cost to fix the problem five years ago. Five years ago, the problem would have cost less simply by a reduction in inflation and probably less people to have to eject. In the end, this demowimp will have caused the US taxpayers to probably spend 3 to 4 times as much as it would have cost if the problem had have been tackled head-on in the beginning. But what does he care, deficits in the trillions and he's gotten away with it so far, plus it's only "other people's money."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There is corruption and collusion at the borders,this is a manufactured crisis.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

I refuse to believe that.

We need 5.7 billion now to fight Iranian Mexican fire starting terrorists and prevent deadly diseases like scabies.

Hell, might even be Ebola or a new super virus known as swine scabies. Or as I like to call it Aerial Swine Scabola. It's almost exactly like regular scabies except now Iranian Mexican fire starting terrorists carry it.

Get your faxts straight!

What would make you think any of this is manufactured?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The only reason Obama is doing anything is because he is backed into a corner, and is trying to retain whatever shred of responsibility left as POTUS that he hasn't already sold out or abused. He is not your president, the man is a joke. France can have him, at least he would be among his peers there, ignorant, condescending and cowardly... just like he has been ever since he got in the oval office.

I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am an American citizen who claims neither party.

Go ahead an keep on being rude arrogant and ignorant of the ways of Obama, it's nice to know he has sheep even outside of our borders maybe his foreign policy isn't all that bad..lol

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

We need 5.7 billion now to fight Iranian Mexican fire starting terrorists and prevent deadly diseases like scabies.

Hmmm.

ran launches TV channel in Spanish

Middle East ties to Central, and South America is no joke.

Increasingly Isolated, Iranian Leader Set to Visit Allies in Latin America

Iran in Latin America: State Department Ignores Allies

The Terror Threat and Iran’s Inroads in Latin America

It's not something to be made light of.

There is a whole world of snip headed our way from down Mexico way.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Strange that Iran is now interested in Mexico.

Guess flooding Iran with heroine didn't do the job on spreading the petrodollar against another country's will.

What next? Staged Syrian upsets that the U.S. has it's fingers in?

Oh wait...

Damn that Petrodollar. The drama is getting neck deep it seems.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Strange that Iran is now interested in Mexico.

Not strange at all.

It is terrorism 101.

Infiltrate, and destroy from within.

Gather manpower, arms, and supplies.

Then that is where the real story begins.

Pretty much exactly like the fall of Iraq.

The biggest obstacle that stands in the way of the world dominated by Islam is US.

The US has to be destroyed before the next domino falls, and that is pretty much ever other western democracy that has a separation of church and state.

Don't know how the rest of that story will unfold. With Putins Russsia, and China. IF we would have a real potus that might be a dfferent story.

The border is the means of making that happen.

Just like ISIS moved from Iraq to Syria, then back to Iraq.

Just to be clear here not only talking about Iran here but Saudi's wahhabists.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Dear God...out of several threads on this topic you are the only one with a voice of reason!

This is a "manufactured crisis" (I live in South Texas WAY too close to one of the "holding facilities) and there IS an "agenda!"

Follow the money...follow "who" is being put into offices in DC (Castro of San Antonio in HUD...look at his family "connections")...follow the connections to LaRaza (who are providing legal services) and other REALLY Hispanic radical groups...follow the fact that IF the reports I am personally hearing from a nurse "contracted to work at Lackland that H1N1 and TB ARE in these "holding facilities" that we will ALL be "REQUIRED" to vaccinate against "new and potentially resistant strains in the not too distant future!

The drug companies are licking their lips...

Oh...and they are breeding. Thet are NOT "toddlers", most are teens having sex and hey aren't passing out condoms with toothbrushes.

The "requested money" is to keep people on the payroll not to divert a race-war, a epidemic, or direct threat to the way of life many of us especially in this area know.

I am beyond-disgusted at the notions of SO many that this is somehow a "humanitarian" requirement.

edit on 9-7-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obama’s plan

Instead, we could fly all of them home for one-half of 1 percent of the $3.8 billion that President Obama proposes we spend. That’s a savings of 99.5 percent! Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

LOL.

This nation was truly designed by genius's only to be ran by idiots.
edit on 9-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Okay Im going to do Washington math: 3.7 billion x D.C.= 11.1 billion. Remember they started out wanting 2 billion.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join