It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House requests $3.7 billion in emergency funds for border crisis

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Obama Flashback...

"We strengthened security at the borders so that we could finally stem the tide of illegal immigrants. We put more boots on the ground on the southern border than at any time
in our history. And today, illegal crossings are down nearly 80 percent from their peak in 2000."

President Obama, January 29, 2013

Continuing to Strengthen Border Security

May 10, 2011..

Well, over the past two years we have answered those concerns. Under Secretary Napolitano’s leadership, we have strengthened border security beyond what many believed was possible. They wanted more agents on the border. Well, we now have more boots on the ground on the southwest border than at any time in our history. The Border Patrol has 20,000 agents – more than twice as many as there were in 2004, a build up that began under President Bush and that we have continued.

They wanted a fence. Well, that fence is now basically complete.

And we’ve gone further. We tripled the number of intelligence analysts working the border. I’ve deployed unmanned aerial vehicles to patrol the skies from Texas to California. We’ve forged a partnership with Mexico to fight the transnational criminal organizations that have affected both of our countries. And for the first time we are screening 100 percent of southbound rail shipments – to seize guns and money going south even as we go after drugs coming north.

TEXT: Obama's Speech on Immigration From El Paso, Texas

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Who receives all the money this modern Dillinger is stealing from the Americans?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"We strengthened security at the borders so that we could finally stem the tide of illegal immigrants. We put more boots on the ground on the southern border than at any time in our history. And today, illegal crossings are down nearly 80 percent from their peak in 2000." President Obama, January 29, 2013

Proof in this picture.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

WOW!! His own words are a real slap to the face....TO HIS OWN FACE!!

But we knew this was coming. After all, this is the guy who voted against increasing the debt limit then supported raising it, campaigned against the Bush tax cuts then extended all of them, etc, etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Such wanton ignorance, hypocrisy and ludicrous theories in this one thread, it nearly blows ones mind.

At least it's a great laugh.. I always know I can come to ATS if I need a good chortle.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. Asking $3.7B to essentially give the illegals - while our troops, are given pink slips on the BATTLEFIELD telling them they don't have jobs when they get home. "Sorry troops can't employ you anymore, we have to give that money to the illegals."

I have heard over and over again from people that they believed Obama's plan was to bring down the US, nudge us into a revolt so he can call martial law and never leave. I honestly always thought that was a pretty far out there idea. Well, I USED to think that. Now?.... sigh.

80% of the kids are 16-17 year old's. Kids still, but strong enough to make it on their own. Most don't speak English, are not up to standards in education, and have not had our immunizations. I don't blame them for wanting a better life here. I don't know how all this is going to play out, because its obvious our POTUS is not going to send them out off the country. Change is coming, that is the only promise Obama has kept.

edit on JulFri, 11 Jul 2014 08:00:03 -050003.tham030314p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

You could not ask for a better Trojan horse scenario...it is for the little children.... Who can argue against that unless a cold hearted kinda SOB... Looking at the train derailment in Mexico with another 1300 on the way to the U.S. border it really makes one wonder when looking at the older ages of these so called kids.. I have to think this has many markings of a preplanned op.

Nice to see Mexico is giving everyone a 72 hour visa to transit through their country to get here...

3.7 billion is a drop in the bucket when you consider all the other necessities for their long term survival that uncle Sugar will be dishing out... and all that is nothing compared to the possible societal disruptions....

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone else saw the other day where the UN chastised our government for referring to these people as illegals. The UN insisted they be referred to as refugees and treated as such. Anyone know what the international law is on how a country is to treat refugees?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
I'm not sure if anyone else saw the other day where the UN chastised our government for referring to these people as illegals. The UN insisted they be referred to as refugees and treated as such. Anyone know what the international law is on how a country is to treat refugees?

I quoted on another thread where they were saying that when over 200 'refugees', were asked why they came, they stated that they heard if they came to America right now, they would be taken care of and not deported, or something like that. Cheat sheets have been found where these illegals were told to say they were refugees. These people have had crimes and what-not in their countries for many years, for there to be such great numbers now, you know something's up. This has been planned.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That is an interesting point. I had not thought of it being planned. I did notice that the politicians are starting to call them refugee camps and such. Nervous, because I looked up, and if they are declared refugees, then we have to take them and can not send them back from that point on. Can you imagine how many more we will have when they change it to refugee??? We seem to be following in Rome's footsteps eerily well.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

$ for veterans come from the Congress, not out of Obama's pocket. You want the vets to get more money, as we feel they deserve? Call your Congress man/woman. Instead of whining about Obama, try getting in touch with the folks who are actually responsible for not treating our vets correctly, Congress! Byt the way, Congress is also the place to get this illegal alien law, (the one that says we have to accept those seeking polital asylum), changed.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer
Why isn't Obama requesting emergency funds for the vets then?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Cheat sheets have been found where these illegals were told to say they were refugees.

And here is a prime opportunity for us, as citizens of the US, to use the government tactics against them.. using their own words.

According to the US State Dept. web page on refugee admission, there is a procedure that must be followed that involves the UN. Here is an exerpt:

The first step for most refugees is to register with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the country to which s/he has fled. UNHCR has the mandate to provide international protection to refugees. UNHCR determines if an individual qualifies as a refugee and, if so, works toward the best possible durable solution for each refugee: safe return to the home country, local integration, or third-country resettlement.

1. Have these folks registered with the UNHCR for refugee status? *cough* I think we all know the answer to that
2. UNHCR determines if the INDIVIDUAL qualifies as a refugee... not en masse... on an individual basis.

Moving on. According to this State Dept. web page , still regarding refugees specifically concerning Latin American countries it states:

The FY 2014 ceiling for refugee admissions from Latin America and the Caribbean is 5,000. Of these, the vast majority will be Cubans processed through the in-country program.
Bold of course, mine and I believe we've well exceeded our 5K 'ceiling'.

Also we find on this page this:

The Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHS/USCIS) conducts regular refugee adjudication “circuit rides” to Cuba, Ecuador and Costa Rica, and, as needed, to other countries in the region. Transportation to the United States is arranged by the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
Which begs the question that if we were aware of refugees (and most certainly we were aware this was coming) in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala why was there no "circuit ride" made to these countries before now? Heck, there would have even been safe transportation here for crying out loud. For reference here is a US State Dept. map of the Latin American countries map and one showing we have embassies/consulates in the 3 countries currently in question Embassy List. Of interest may be further reading of Refugee Admission Fact Sheets, the last 3 to be exact.

So no.. this is just another instance of the government tinkling down our backs and telling us it's raining.

PS - Thank you to mrsdudara, who posed the question to begin with and has sent me on a frenzied day of internet searches to find some information on the topic of refugees coming to the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join