It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots cop.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
www.edmontonjournal.com...

I cannot comment too much on this as I don't know all the facts but this is still pretty bizarre for one cop to shoot another or just more evidence of terrible training. Accidents do happen but I have very little respect for most police these days nothing surprises me about their actions anymore.
edit on 7-7-2014 by Slickinfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well they are still investigating so they aren't giving out much detail at all. But $h!7 happens. What else can you say at this point?

-Alien

a reply to: Slickinfinity

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

Do you have very little respect for the military too?

gawker.com...

www.nj.com...

www.military.com...

www.wjhl.com... ths

Nobody is immune from negligent behavior.

But don't let me stop anyone from another potential blanket police bashing thread.

edit on 7-7-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I wish most of them would shoot each other.

I have hated cops all my life. There has been a recent crime spree where I live, tons of burglaries, and of course now my streets are swarming with police all hours of the day and night. Even an officer I spoke to (not on my own trust me, but he was rather nice) had a laptop and shotgun stolen out of his cruiser. Speaking with him and another cop actually gave me some hope for them. I was DRUNK as all hell and I was at my neighbors house, in the front yard and I was literally AMAZED they treated me respectfully and did not even mention my intoxication they just wanted us to keep a look out, since we are up late every weekend drinking around our fire pit in the front yard (illegal in our area, so I was almost certain I was about to go to jail, and Im on probation and a suspended sentence so I would've went to prison easily.)

Thank god they didn't even care about that. Those 2 cops could have screwed me royally but they actually seemed to be decent individuals. Never had a policemen really treat me like anything but a criminal, it actually felt good.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Nobody is immune from negligent behavior.

Yet that does not excuse it; nevermind the dangers inherent in arming incompetent people backed by the full force of the state.

I would add something about "higher standards", but...

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
What I find most interesting about this is what is not mentioned at all...

WHY did the Officer discharge his weapon to begin with? What was this "unspecified incident" the caused this Officer to discharge his weapon.Assuming of course that the standard there is the same as my location, an Officer needing to fear for his life to justify the use of deadly force.

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
These defective cops had to get tired of beating up old people and people in wheel chairs along with shooting dogs that growled at them in an intimidating way.

Lets hope the bad ones don't end up shooting what's left of the good cops...if there are any.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig I feel sorry for the people in the military. Brave people who are lead by idiots, but as to my comment about police I stand by that because the respect that I used to have has been erased by what seems to be a downward spiral of and performance and integrity.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I bet he was dressed like a dog in someone's back yard.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I bet he was dressed like a dog in someone's back yard.

lol...so they were playing role reversals

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy

I have hated cops all my life. There has been a recent crime spree where I live, tons of burglaries, and of course now my streets are swarming with police all hours of the day and night. Even an officer I spoke to (not on my own trust me, but he was rather nice) had a laptop and shotgun stolen out of his cruiser. Speaking with him and another cop actually gave me some hope for them. I was DRUNK as all hell and I was at my neighbors house, in the front yard and I was literally AMAZED they treated me respectfully and did not even mention my intoxication they just wanted us to keep a look out, since we are up late every weekend drinking around our fire pit in the front yard (illegal in our area, so I was almost certain I was about to go to jail, and Im on probation and a suspended sentence so I would've went to prison easily.)

Thank god they didn't even care about that. Those 2 cops could have screwed me royally but they actually seemed to be decent individuals. Never had a policemen really treat me like anything but a criminal, it actually felt good.

Being a retired police officer I guess you hate me as well. BUT after your own admission - you are a criminal. There are corrupt police officers out there but there are many good ones as well. Bad cops don't hang around long - they too get caught and do time. As I guess you will be doing in your future unless you clean up your act.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think when it is illegal to sit around a fire having a beer......we need to start wondering how cops percieve what is right and wrong.
This is a basic human right. I cant imagine any cop arresting anyone for doing that.

When you tell someone to 'clean up your act', as an ex cop.......do you really think this is a crime? Your user-name indicates you are Christian, like myself. What would Jesus think if you arrested someone for sitting around a fire?

'clean up your act'......really means...comply.

We have many stupid laws that cops never question. They are supposed to serve us and they do to some extent. But when it comes to most laws....they are simply there to excerpt power on the people to mark authority. Cops never question these laws. We need you to, regardless of whether you are supposed to or not. Cops do not protect us...they just comply, and expect us to also. Breaking a law does not make you a bad person. Some laws , yes of course. But most.......nah, the only bad people are the ones that contribute to wrecking peoples lives for doing something that affect no one else.

a reply to: Jesuslives4u

edit on 8-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy

If you're on probation with a suspended sentence, why would you dare do anything you suspect to be illegal?

Not taking sides here, but come on man...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

How can it be a police bashing thread, a cop shot a cop, thats just funny and ironic.
Maybe now they have to watch out for there own, must suck being cop now.

Peace.

top topics

join