It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings across all of Orange County - June 18th - Multiple angles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I searched and I didnt see anyone posting about this event, and I definitely did not see a collection of videos recording this event. If it already has Mod's forgive me. I did not know.

Hello everyone,

I am posting this because many of my friends live in the OC (San Clemente) area and they all saw some STRANGE lights in the sky. Even the skeptics were totally spooked. My friend chased and followed the lights for ~30 miles and had a crazy story to tell about them, he even ended up on the News. I will post the videos below.

The News said that the nearby Military base said that they had no planes up in the air at that time and it was not them.

I have found that there are many skeptics here (as which is good). But this sighting was more than enough to convince the people who saw it. I just hope that these interviews and the film of the UFO's helps convince some people that we are not alone on Earth.

My friends interview on ABC news and his story (he later went and interviewed people on his own) :
(I could not find the original news segment he spoke on, so I posted this video he made after seeing it. Seeing it really rocked his world.)

6/18/14 Mission Viejo, CA

6/18/14 San Clemente, CA

6/18/14 Temcula, CA

6/18/14 Murrieta, CA

Another ABC News covering of the lights in OC

6/18/14 Orange County Sighting

Ok so here we have multiple videos and interviews from people who saw it. The military said it was not them. And people have no idea what it was.

*I did not see it myself as I live in Los Angeles. My friends who were in the area said that they saw the lights, and then later saw military helicopters almost trying to herd it away from the population. Later the lights vanished, and the military aircraft stuck around and sorta combed the area (it was described to me as if they were making sure the UFO's didnt drop anything).

Whats your guys thoughts? I believe that we are not alone and people are being kept in the dark MUCH more than we think.
edit on 7/6/2014 by Onion88 because: Posted the same video twice. oops

edit on 7/6/2014 by Onion88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Those are very clearly Chinese lanterns. The flickering is from the flame inside the lantern. Not to mention the yellow/orange color is from the flame burning as well. You will also notice the lanterns are slowly rising.

It's too bad there are so many people that can't recognize earthly, terrestrial flying objects.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Onion88

The first video I couldn't watch because it was too annoying the other videos are of lanterns.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The Marines at Camp Pendleton said " nothing in the sky that should not be there".

Leaving us with the impression they knew exactly what is was.

These things made it pretty far inland...About 60 miles.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You have to watch the first one because that's the interview.

In order to be seen from all those cities (40 miles apart) the "Chinese lanterns" you speak of would have to be huge. Not a single person interviewed said it was a Chinese lantern. People even said they saw them zooming towards the coast which is not typical of Chinese lantern.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The objects in the videos you posted are lanterns , why they were seen over a distance I don't know maybe it was a good night for lanterns.
Go to youtube and search for lantern videos they'll look like the ones you posted.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
The Marines at Camp Pendleton said " nothing in the sky that should not be there".

Leaving us with the impression they knew exactly what is was.

These things made it pretty far inland...About 60 miles.

Yes and they moved to the coast as well. So obviously not Chinese lanterns.

That was a sly response from the military lol

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Any Lanterns I've seen all move with the wind and you can see them rise into the air...these ones, if they are lanterns self ignite in the air. and they dont appear to move much if at all.

Could be someone's Hoax though...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I agree Soloprotocol. How could they be Chinese Lanterns when they turn off and the light turns back on again. Pretty High technology for just Chinese Lanterns.....

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

They're not turning off. They appear to be "turning on" as they rise out from behind a building/hill/etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

With all due respect yes they are turning off. If you watch the video that was filmed in "Murrieta CA" that I posted you can clearly see that a second light turns on, then turns off, and later reappears.

Also when the lights are lit up, they do not seem to move in elevation or with the gusts of wind as a "Chinese Lantern" would. Another thing, when the two "Chinese Lanterns" are both lit up, why do they not move at all, not in distance, or angle as the wind would make these drift.

Three reasons they are not Chinese Lanterns:

1. When the two "Chinese Lanterns" are both lit up, why do they not move at all, not in distance, or angle as the wind would make these drift.

2. They turn on and off, disappearing and reappearing. I have not seen a Chinese Lantern with an On/Off Switch on it before....

3. They are not rising as none of the videographers (spelled wrong) ever panned up or had to raise their cameras. They were all steady and the lights did not move further away from the horizon line.

edit on 7/6/2014 by Onion88 because: Added third reason

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I did watch your friend's video, and he doesn't seem to be taking the matter very seriously. I think you'd do well to follow his example.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
You guys have got it all wrong. The UFO's monitor earth communications and are a lot smarter than you think.

Those are really UFO's disguised as Chinese Lanterns.

Now that they see we are onto them they will change their disguise again. The proof of that will be that chinese lanterns no longer appear on YouTube.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

1.) They are rising. If you download the videos and play them very fast, you'll see them rising.

2.) They do not turn on and off. Since they are rising from the ground, they are coming out from behind buildings, hills trees, poles, etc. There are numerous things on the ground they will be flying behind before they get high enough in the air. Flying behind things will give the illusion or appearance of turning on and off.

3.) Same as #1. Play the videos very quickly and you can see them slowly rise as any other Chinese lantern will do.

Again, the color and flickering of the lights is a dead giveaway. The flickering is from the flame inside the lantern blowing in the wind. Just as a candle's flame flickers when you blow on it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There has been a great deal of earthquake activity in California in the last 2 weeks in June up to and including today.
These "UFO's" could be the manifestation of a form of ionized plasma energy which can be associated with earthquakes and volcanic activity, albeit loosly because there has not been enough true scientific research done on the phenomena.

It would be interesting to plot the occurrences in relation to the San Andreas Fault that runs over 800 miles up the California coast.

Just an observation, but I think it is worth investigating.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A L I E N S

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
interesting that you should mention this. in the Predictions & Prophecies forum there is talk of an earthquake prediction for July 12. If something big does hit maybe there is a connection there. a reply to: charlyv

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They're over Camp Pendleton...
It might be one of these: www.google.com...

A flare, but with a jet-rotor instead of a parachute to keep aloft. It stays in place instead of drifting. Although it's somewhat bright visibly, I'd bet in IR the entire place is like daylight. Somebody deployed there could probably fill us in about it if in actual use.

That would also coincide with one of the watchers with binoculars saying there was some smoke coming from it.

top topics

join