It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train derailment dumps 737's into MT river.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just saw this on the nightly news. A train transporting 737 fuselages to the 737 plant in Renton, WA just derailed in Montana, dumping several fuselages into the Clark Fork River.
Fortunately no injuries were reported in the accident and no word as of yet to what caused the derailment.

I've seen these trains roll through the Cascade Mts. several times. Cool to see them in there pre-fab green. Not so much to see them in the river.

www.kwch.com...
edit on 5-7-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
That's just sick. They can feel free to give me one to convert to a house.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That would be awesome! They looked like they were pretty intact (the ones in the river). Total loses for Boeing though.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
lol.
I think that inflatable rafts would be useless in this situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Heck with a few rafts and a few beers...anythings possible.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: weirdguy

Heck with a few rafts and a few beers...anythings possible.

Drink like there is no tomorrow and make the rafts out of the empties.

Works better with bottles, well, easier at least.

They would make really nice homes. Imagine a few of these in a trailer park.

P

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hmmm...
Does anyone know if that color is primer,
or belongs to a specific airline?
I've never seen that color before!

Funny how the way they landed,
you can see the cockpits of all three,
but not the tail ends!
What are the odds?
And don't say 1 in 3!

The second pic reminds me of a hatched Robin's egg!
Does that metal look awful dang thin to anyone else???
WOQ

edit on 5-7-2014 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wasobservingquietly

All aircraft start out that color.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Someone's having a really bad day right now...

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
yeah saw this after getting home this morning. sad to see them in the water and down the hill, looks like they will never see their time in the sky.

bad day for Boeing, since they are apparently already backed up with orders for them, this is going to cost them big i suspect in things like delayed delivery times, not to mention the loss of wok/materials. a very bad day i suspect for whoever's insurance company gets to pay out over this. will it be the train company's or Boeing's insurance to cover this loss? considering at least 4 out of 6 aircraft will be complete losses with each having a cost between 76-110 MILLION dollars depending on which model (2013 prices so likely even higher). and it would seem to be more than just these fuselages since it also lists assemblies for the 777 and 747 on the way to the assembly plant. which would mean even more than these 6 aircraft being delayed delivery. one hell of a cost with all that the insurance will have to pay out from this accident.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: generik
yeah saw this after getting home this morning. sad to see them in the water and down the hill, looks like they will never see their time in the sky.

bad day for Boeing, since they are apparently already backed up with orders for them, this is going to cost them big i suspect in things like delayed delivery times, not to mention the loss of wok/materials. a very bad day i suspect for whoever's insurance company gets to pay out over this. will it be the train company's or Boeing's insurance to cover this loss? considering at least 4 out of 6 aircraft will be complete losses with each having a cost between 76-110 MILLION dollars depending on which model (2013 prices so likely even higher). and it would seem to be more than just these fuselages since it also lists assemblies for the 777 and 747 on the way to the assembly plant. which would mean even more than these 6 aircraft being delayed delivery. one hell of a cost with all that the insurance will have to pay out from this accident.

They will be scrapped. They wont even sell them as houses. lol. And the train company (probably BNSF) will be paying for those babies. We had a train derail in Kansas City that had 12 brand new corvettes on board. Only thing that happened was one of the wheels on the train car hit the ground. That's all it takes. They took those vettes and buried them somewhere. Too much of a liability of someone buying them, even at half price, and something go wrong with the car.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

I'm from Montana. It was MRL, or Montana Rail Link that derailed the train. It is possible that the engineer running the train could have been employed by BNSF. All I can say is everyone around the area should be thankful that it was not a hazmat derailment! A hazardous materials derailment of chemicals has the potential to kill a lot of people. I have heard stories of anhydrous ammonia cars dumping and sucking all the oxygen out of the air in a 1.5 mile or LARGER radius!

I will say that I do know of people that have worked at MRL and BNSF here in Montana. Most of the crews around here are top notch. The problem is the lack of maintenance on the rails and the other infrastructure. Then, when there is a derailment, they always want to find a way to blame it on the crew. The MRL and BNSF railways need to invest more money into keeping everything up. Kind of reminds me of how I sometimes hear that the nuclear industry needs to keep their operations in better repair....

A big enough derailment that kills enough people or damages enough land will get the attention of the lawmakers. Hopefully this will wake Washington up to what the real problems are.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
That could have saved me a lot of time on construction of my flight simulator!

As this is ATS may I be allowed to claim conspiracy and the crash was caused on purpose to show how unsafe rail travel is and the next shipments of Boeing fuselage will be inside a massive airship.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Reminds me off the time the Belfast to Dublin Guinness freight train derailed Nr the goods yard in Belfast transporting kegs off the black stuff,
The locals had a field day pinching the beer kegs but didn't know that the front three flat wagons had Whiskey vodka and gin in the beer kegs,

I did though because i was the track walker for that section of track.
"what ever you say, say nothing".

Fox.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think it is plane to see that someone will be getting fired for this. Any word of the level of damage to the fuselages?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: dmfsb

They're total write offs. They won't take the chance on hidden damage being missed and something happening because of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: dmfsb

They're total write offs. They won't take the chance on hidden damage being missed and something happening because of it.

That's a shame. All that effort from the workers at the factory, dumped into a river. Thankfully nobody was hurt and this is more important than any plane.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I actually drive trains for Union Pacific and when it comes to high value trains like those, the windmills, etc, so much care is taken into driving the train that I seriously doubt it was the engineers fault. Probably just the track gave out.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: foxhound1431
Reminds me off the time the Belfast to Dublin Guinness freight train derailed Nr the goods yard in Belfast transporting kegs off the black stuff,
The locals had a field day pinching the beer kegs but didn't know that the front three flat wagons had Whiskey vodka and gin in the beer kegs,

Fox.

This didnt happen though did it:

1. There is no Guinness freight train

2. Guinness is made in Dublin so the train would run from Dublin to Belfast (if it existed) not Belfast to Dublin as you write.

3. Vodka, Whisky and Gin are not transported in kegs.

4. The Guinness factory doesnt make Vodka, Whisky and Rum and therefore wouldnt store it all on its imaginery train.

So the only train crash here (except for the Boeing one) is you and your fairytales.

Quick theres a Leprechaun, catch the wee fella and abuse him for his gold Mick.

edit on 6-7-2014 by IamSirDrinksalot because: Just realised this is your first post - the mind boggles - "I know, I will create a new user account to come up with an unfunny, unrelated anecdote with more holes in it than an ISIS prisoner" why?

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamSirDrinksalot

originally posted by: foxhound1431

Fox.

This didnt happen though did it:

1. There is no Guinness freight train

2. Guinness is made in Dublin so the train would run from Dublin to Belfast (if it existed) not Belfast to Dublin as you write.

3. Vodka, Whisky and Gin are not transported in kegs.

4. The Guinness factory doesnt make Vodka, Whisky and Rum and therefore wouldnt store it all on its imaginery train.

So the only train crash here (except for the Boeing one) is you and your fairytales.

Quick theres a Leprechaun, catch the wee fella and abuse him for his gold Mick.

The Guinness freight yard was at Adelaide depot Belfast,Northern Ireland Railways/Iarnrod Eireann a cross border Depot Freight depot.
The main bottling plant for Harp(Distilleries) Northern Ireland.

The Guinness Distillery is in Dundalk Co Louth Mid Ireland it supplies on the up road Belfast,The down road Dublin.

The Spirits, Vodka gin and whiskey where run on the freight flat wagons as a security issue due to high jacking on the roads/border by the Provisional Irish Army.(Bandit country to us locals)

I'm Ulster Scots (British) we purged Leprechauns into the holds of the Titanic (Olympic) ?

Also im a locomotive engineer.

So as ATS says "Deny Ignorance" Sir needs to sober up abit,

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join