It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pope condemns personal relationship with Christ

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
In The Bible, hell refers to bottomless pit where demons reside. Jesus cast out demons ( satans army )
Satan did live in heaven b4 he chose to fall down due to pride.
satan denies everlasting life in heaven whereas Jesus give you eternal life in heaven, when you are saved
So Jesus saves us from Satan, also meaning hell
a reply to: zardust

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A good post, however light and easy yoke physically means to be free of your sin laden soul, which is the greatest Miracle of all. Praise The Lord
a reply to: johndeere2020

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

That is some unusual logic there my friend.

"Satan denies everlasting life in heaven"

How exactly does Satan deny you eternal life? What a big satan you have there

I'm not going to go through all of the quantum leaps you've made here. I'll be starting a thread on this topic soon enough, maybe we can pick this up there...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ok will wait for your thread.
a reply to: zardust

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: Nochzwei
Its Grace alone and not works, lest a man should boast.
quit spouting catholic stuff here
a reply to: colbe

It takes more work to sin, less work to not sin. That is why Jesus said "my yoke is light and easy"

I think what Paul meant is doing extra good works like becoming a philantrophist or preaching 12 hours a day in the streets.

Yes, doing those things is not required for salvation nor earns us bigger rewards in Heaven.

However, we should become blameless - not cause others to sin which could mean "laying low" or keeping a low profile.

See why the divine awakening is going to take place? I do not know why but the "Faith Alone" heresy that came
from Martin Luther is one of the hardest for non-Catholic Christians to let go of...

"Paul?" Far better, Our Lord says it...to "do" something takes an action...a "work." God does not care for false works of show. God never meant ALL works.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that DOTH the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

GBY,

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: colbe

I like your avatar name, I grew up in small town, a farming community, a lot of John Deere.

You have to look at Scripture in context. A repeated famous verse taken out of context, you are saved by
Faith, Tebow's verse painted on his forehead...John 3:16.

Thank you. I once lived some 30 kms from a farming community and I acquired this habit of driving around rural towns in dirt roads in the hills regardless of the weather. It was absolutely the most beautiful thing to me. Last time I did was 2012. I live far away from rural places now and missing it so bad. John Deere products reminded me of my rural town adventures although I never own any John Deere product.

John 3:16 and John 14:12 goes hand in hand. Belief seems to require some solid evidence.

You are welcome. Living near or on a farm has wonderful benefits. I was the town girl visiting my classmate's farms but my dear husband grew up on a farm. He is so mechanical, I know it is partly his background. I liked your explaining.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join